Finalised 1000 Point army list

This forum is for 7th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Formerdwarfie

Finalised 1000 Point army list

#1 Post by Formerdwarfie »

Heroes:
Noble with Sword of Might, Dragon Armour, Barded Elven Steed, Shield- 124 points

Core:
10 Archers- 110 points

Special:
12 Swordmasters- 180 points
8 White Lions- 120 points
Lion Chariot of Chrace- 140 points
5 Dragon Princes (Standard bearer)- 170 points

Rare:
Repeater Bolt Thrower- 100 points
Great Eagle- 50 points

Total: 994 points

This is the finalised army list I think that I'll take, tell me what you think :)
Last edited by Formerdwarfie on Sun May 23, 2010 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Griffon Prince

Re: First 1000 point army list

#2 Post by Griffon Prince »

Hello there and welcome to Ulthuan!

I think you should definiitely drop the command from the DPs. Give your Noble Helmf of Fortune and Sword of Might, drop the lance, too.
If you have the models, drop the command off of the Swordies for two more to bring them up to twelve. Alternatively, you could keep the champion and give him Talisman of Loec.
Everything else is fine. I could suggest brining a little bit more shooting to help out the lone RBT but since you're new to the army I say just go out there and enjoy playing your new High Elves!

Goodluck on the field of battle.
Morathi and Tyrion sittin' in a tree...ewwwwwww
dabber
Tactician

#3 Post by dabber »

I think spending 21% of your army on a slow ranked infantry unit with insignificant combat capability and no leadership protection is a huge mistake. Stick with 110 pt archers for core, especially at this size game.

Full command on just 5 DPs is not worthwhile. The banner can be, but only if you buy a magic banner. I would absolutely rather have a 6th guy instead of the champion and musician.

I don't think full command on 10 Swordmasters makes sense either. Again, maybe if you add magic items or more numbers, but not without those. 7-9 with nothing is just as useful as what you listed, but costs less and gives up less VPs when killed.
Formerdwarfie

#4 Post by Formerdwarfie »

dabber wrote:I think spending 21% of your army on a slow ranked infantry unit with insignificant combat capability and no leadership protection is a huge mistake. Stick with 110 pt archers for core, especially at this size game.

Full command on just 5 DPs is not worthwhile. The banner can be, but only if you buy a magic banner. I would absolutely rather have a 6th guy instead of the champion and musician.

I don't think full command on 10 Swordmasters makes sense either. Again, maybe if you add magic items or more numbers, but not without those. 7-9 with nothing is just as useful as what you listed, but costs less and gives up less VPs when killed.
Yeah I might get rid of the spearman for archers, i mainly wanted spearmen to be the anchor of the force; but now that i think about it opponents can just tie them up with a throw away unit and they'll be wasted. If I get rid of them what should i get instead; i was thinking maybe a unit of 5 white lions (if i can afford it).

Thanks for the tips regarding dragon princes/sword masters; will probably make those changes
Griffon Prince

#5 Post by Griffon Prince »

5 White Lions can't really do much, unfortunately. They have no fear protection and if you give them a banner to do so, they will be killed off rather quickly and you will be giving away free victory points.
Get the archers and a few more Sword swinging dudes, you can slowly start building up to a larger army list by beefing up that unit.
Morathi and Tyrion sittin' in a tree...ewwwwwww
Eltherion

Re: Finalised 1000 Point army list

#6 Post by Eltherion »

Give your sword masters the Banner of Balance which makes them Immune to psychology. The SM's can hide behind the archers if you are up against a shooty list eg: DE's or WE's or a Gun line.
2008-2013 Wins:Draws:Losses
7th Ed High Elves 18 : 9 : 4 Bargle Con I, Best General, 3rd Overall
New High Elf Book 16 : 1 : 5 Bargle Con II, 2nd Overall, Conviction 2nd Overall & Best Sportsman

MSU List: http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=48650