2250 Army List (New Player)

This forum is for 7th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

boomer

2250 Army List (New Player)

#1 Post by boomer »

High Elves Army List

Lord:
Prince 281 points
Dragon Armor
Barded Elven Steed
Vambraces of Defense
Star Lance
Shield

Heroes:
Noble 184 points
Battle Standard Bearer
Barded Elven Steed
Dragon Armor
Helm of Fortune
Guardian Phoenix
Shield
Lance

Mage 170 points
Level 2 Wizard
Jewel of Dusk
Dispel Scroll

Mage 185 points
Level 2 Wizard
Silver Wand
2 Dispel Scrolls

Core:
15 Spearmen 160 pts
Full Command

15 Spearmen 160 pts
Full Command

10 Archers 110 pts

10 Archers 110 pts

Special:
5 Dragon Princes of Caledor 250 pts
Full Command
Banner of Sorcery

14 Sword Masters of Hoeth 240 pts
Full Command

5 Dragon Princes of Caledor 200 pts
Full Command

Rare:
Repeater Bolt Thrower 100 pts
Repeater Bolt Thrower 100 pts

Total: 2250 pts
Power Dice: 8-10
Dispel Dice: 4
Dispel Scrolls: 3

My Strategy:
My Dragon Princes will be used to flank attack the enemy from both sides. My noble will go into one of the Dragon Prince units, and my prince in the other one, depending on which flank seems to be stronger. My swordmasters will be ran in a 7x2 block in the center, and hopefully they will lure the enemy to the center so that my dragon princes can take full advantage of their flank attacks. If not, it won't be a very big deal. one of the archer and repeater bolt thower units will be ran on one side of the swordmasters, and the other archers and repeater bolt thrower on the other side of the swordmasters. I will use my archers to take out lighter units and possibly war machines. The repeater bolt throwers will be used to take out heavier units, monsters, and war machines. The spearmen will be used to protect my archers and repeater bolt throwers, and they will also be used to take out infantry blocks.
As for my mages, I wanted to make them so that they would suppress the enemy's magic phase. I will probably run the mage with the jewel of dusk with High Magic, so that he can protect my swordmasters with Shield of Saphery and use drain magic. I will run the mage with the silver wand with High Magic, the Lore of Metal, or the Lore of Light, depending on who I am going up against. These mages will be placed into the archer units.

So how does it look? Questions and comments would be greatly appreciated :)
SpellArcher
Green Istari

Re: 2250 Army List (New Player)

#2 Post by SpellArcher »

Overall not bad IMHO.

I personally think four characters is too many but see how you go I guess. They are sensible enough for what they are.

The 15-strong Spears are tricky to use properly. Sure they're cheap but they can be very lightweight unless co-ordinated well with your other units.

Full command on DP units is probably not cost-effective. I run it myself but that's for the look. As it stands you need to add models to the units as the characters with them will not get a 'look out sir' roll vs cannon etc.. The Swordmasters could do with psychology protection, either Gem of Courage or a Fear-fighting banner.

Eagles are fantastic, I'd take some.
pk-ng

Re: 2250 Army List (New Player)

#3 Post by pk-ng »

agree with what SA has said.
some suggestions is
I would take a Mage with Seerstaff and Powerstone.

Definitely get at least 1 eagle. preferably 2. and maybe some ellyrian reavers for redirecting.
ETC WHFB Team Singapore
2014 - Chaos Dwarfs & Most Favoured Enemy
2015 - High Elves & Top HE

T9A
Highborn Elves - Army Book Committee
Balancing Board
Highborn Elves - ex-Army Support