2000 Pnt Army List

This forum is for 7th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

BigBadBaz

2000 Pnt Army List

#1 Post by BigBadBaz »

Prince
Lance
Armour of Caledor
Vambraces of Defence
Star Dragon

Noble
Lance
Shield
Dragon Armour
Barded Elven Steed
Battle Standard Bearer
Battle Banner

Mage
Dispell Scrolls X 2

Archers X 10

Lothern Sea Guard X 21
Shield
Full Command

Dragon Princes X 5
Full Command
Banner of Arcane Protection

White Lions X 14

Bolt Throwers X 2

2001 Pnts

Comments and constructive criticism welcome :)

Thanks in advance
Regards

Baz

R+

BURN, NAGGAROTH, BURN
dabber
Tactician

Re: 2000 Pnt Army List

#2 Post by dabber »

You are over by a point, so that has to be fixed.

The army seems lacking in cohension. If the BSB is going with the DPs, they are not big enough. If he is not, they are too expensive for too little contribution (lose the command).
The Sea Guard have no apparent purpose at all in context. They are not big enough to reliably maintain their rank bonus, and they are too slow to easily support the dragon and DPs with their SCR anyway. The White Lions look even more out of place, especially with no anti-fear banner.
Chracian

#3 Post by Chracian »

At 2000 points, the star dragon is a big points sink. I've struggled to get it to work, but this is what I've had most success with:

Prince on star dragon as above
BSB with radiant gem, GW, DA
Mage, lvl 2, silver wand, 2 scrolls
2x10 archers
15 PG, full command, banner of sorcery
5 DPs
Lion chariot
2 RBTs
and something else to make it up to 2000 points, possibly gem of courage or amulet on prince

Not to far off your list. I can see what you're trying to do with the battle banner BSB, but it's too easily shot and is unreliable in CC.

A possible problem with mine is that the BSB (goes with PG) is too lightly armoured, but honestly nobody I've faced seems to have noticed this and he hasn't died once. Also gives you some power dice/dispel dice if your mage dies.

I'm not convinced by either mine or your list. If I was dead set on having the battle banner BSB, I'd be tempted to have small units of swordmasters instead of big blocks of infantry.
"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."
— Terry Pratchett
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#4 Post by SpellArcher »

If keeping the Lions I'd put Standard of Balance and Gem of Courage on them. I'd be tempted to split the LSG into two tens and drop the Archers for more DP's.

I run a list a bit similar to Chracian's but with more troops and less Star Dragon. Mine is playable but not strong, the SD must improve it I guess. I love my 280pt magic phase and agree about the BSB, he works.