First Army 2250 (Magic Heavy)

This forum is for 7th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

NightHawk45

First Army 2250 (Magic Heavy)

#1 Post by NightHawk45 »

Howdy! This is my first army I've made. Sorry about the format. It didn't transfer well from excel... I want to to be stronger on the magic side. I pretty much have used the models that I have so that is why I have no dragon princes etc... Any advice would be welcome. I plan on buying a few more types of troops (eagles etc...) so don't be afraid to tell me what you think or what I should add. I appreciate the advice Thanks again!

Warhammer army 2249
Unit Total # PPM Additional Points Total Points
Teclis 475 475

Mage lvl 2 135 Seerstaff 30
Scroll 20 185
Mage lvl 2 135 Jewel of the Dusk 15
Silver Wand 10
Ring of Corin 20 180

Archers 14 11 Hawk Eye 10
Standard Bearer 10

Spearmen 16 9 Sentinel 10
Standard Bearer 10

Sword Masters 14 15 Bladelord 12
Standard Bearer 12
Standard of Balance 45 279

Sword Masters 14 15 Bladelord 12
Standard Bearer 12
Banner of Sorcery 50 284

Silver Helms 8 21 High Helm 16
Standard Bearer 16
Shields for each 16
Shadow Warriors 5 16 Shadow Walker 12 92

Repeater Bolt Th. 1 100 100

Repeater Bolt Th. 1 100 100
SpellArcher
Green Istari

Re: First Army 2250 (Magic Heavy)

#2 Post by SpellArcher »

Taking support Mages with Teclis can be overkill as he will IF fairly often and the enemy DD and scrolls will stop most of the rest. I'd suggest dropping them for a BSB to help out your infantry. You could either keep Teclis or swap him out for an Archmage plus Mage if you're feeling friendly. Eiher way you still have a strong magic phase.

I'd strongly recommend Lion Standard on the Spears to protect against autobreaking. A BSB would also help them out a lot. The Swordmasters are fine, I'd try to add Talisman of Loec on the Standard of Balance unit and Gem of Courage on the other.

Silver Helms and Archers should probably be fielded pretty naked for maximum efficiency. Eagles are a great idea, fast and expendable enough that you can be nice and aggressive with them. I think you could maybe do with another unit of cavalry or a chariot or two to help out your infantry.
pk-ng

#3 Post by pk-ng »

SA pretty much covered everything. If you still want to feel Teclis I would suggest bringing a scroll caddy (Level 1 Mage with 2x Dispel Scroll). And anyway your Level 2 Mage is illegal as it has 3 Arcane items (you are only allowed 1 arcane item bar power stone and dispell scrolls). Alot of people proxy Silver Helms as DPs so if you want soem DPs just proxy them and as for the point cost it's worth it to have DPs then SH.
ETC WHFB Team Singapore
2014 - Chaos Dwarfs & Most Favoured Enemy
2015 - High Elves & Top HE

T9A
Highborn Elves - Army Book Committee
Balancing Board
Highborn Elves - ex-Army Support
Beregond

#4 Post by Beregond »

Well, Welcome first off.

I'll 3rd the sentiment that 2 level 2s with Teclis is probably overkill, and recommend either Level-4 and Level-2, or Teclis/ Level1.

Silver helms will be best in a unit of 5 or 6, no standard. Archers wil generally be best with 10, and perhaps musician.

Spears will be better in a unit of 20 or 25

Eagles would be great, as would a couple chariots. By paring down the silver helms, archers, and dropping a mage, you should be able to add the spearmen (So up to 20), 2 chariots, and an eagle. If you've got an extra 25 points, you could add the lion standard to the spears, as others have suggested.

That'd give you a pretty versatile force with all the bits and bobs you'd need, and you'd have the ability of adding a few units in the future, and changing up your playstyle.

It kind-of stinks that spears come in boxes of 16, and that you need to buy an extra dozen if you want to get to 20, but they really will work better for you.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#5 Post by SpellArcher »

I'd agree that against a real monster magic phase you need a caddy to back Teclis up.

Against something more reasonable though I'd back him to do the job himself.
Eltherion

#6 Post by Eltherion »

I would ditch the standard on the archers and get another archer putting you on exactly 2250pts.
2008-2013 Wins:Draws:Losses
7th Ed High Elves 18 : 9 : 4 Bargle Con I, Best General, 3rd Overall
New High Elf Book 16 : 1 : 5 Bargle Con II, 2nd Overall, Conviction 2nd Overall & Best Sportsman

MSU List: http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=48650