ZOMG help!!!! BsB equipment (midwest rampage FINAL)

This forum is for 7th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Cythis

ZOMG help!!!! BsB equipment (midwest rampage FINAL)

#1 Post by Cythis »

ok so rampage lists are due like now, and I still haven't finalized things. Have gotten some recent vics vs skaven but these were versus a verminlord :lol: and furnace with not enough screening, so they don't exactly factor in to playtesting imo :wink: . My list is finalized except for the bsb equipment. I want to go with either the helm of fortune, sword of might , or reaver bow versions. I do not have enough points to put the reaver bow on an eagle, nor do I have the model preped. I need to turn in the list SOOON, so advice would be AWESOME :mrgreen: .

LvL 4, Seerstaff, 2 Scrolls, Dragonhorn
Noble, BsB, KLJFDLSFJDKLf; what stuff?

20 Seaguard, FC, shields, Lion Standard (they need to be seaguard so that dragon princes don't ream me for comp, who knows maybe they get a hill or wound a monster)
10 Archers

20 Phoenix Guard, FC, Sorcery, Armour of Caledor
14 Swords, FC, Balance, Loec
5 DP
5 DP

2 RBT (3 rbts + 2x dragon princes not really an option with the comp)
2 Eagles

i am torn here. Magic wise i think going for big spells is the best as i have no ring of fury, and the Tank Bsb works well with 5 dice lerkers. I am worried about not having enough shooting. The elites are very finickey in CC and thinning the ranks and killing crud the can't hope to deal with like living greek myths, rat kings, and giant gerbil wheels with scythes that spew lighting :shock: .
What do you guys think :?:
Cythis

Re: ZOMG help!!!! BsB equipment (midwest rampage FINAL)

#2 Post by Cythis »

boooo no helps :(
Griffon Prince

#3 Post by Griffon Prince »

I would've taken Armor of Caledor, GW and Guardian Phoenix/Gem of Courage on the BSB but since that isn't an option I would mount him with a DP kit and give him Helm of Fortune and Sword of Might. If you can't mount him, go for GW, Dragon Armor, shield, Reaver Bow, GoC. Put him in the LSG and pull the trigger.
Goodluck on the field of battle
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#4 Post by SpellArcher »

I agree you need the shooting. On foot, DA, GW, Reaver, Loec.

You need Loec to keep him alive IMHO.
Cythis

#5 Post by Cythis »

thanks for the help guys. I went with both heroes in the end and lost one cav unit. This also gave me enough comp to pick up the ring of fury which is not too shabby, and also gives me a target for steed of shadows to steed into a dwarf war machine or some such thing. It also makes for less models i have to paint by the time of the tourney, but that's a minor consideration, its all about the list's strategy really! :wink:
Lord Anathir

#6 Post by Lord Anathir »

A very good bsb is helm of fortune, bsb, sword of might, on a horse.

the foot bsb is a bit vulnerable.
For the dwarfs, there was only this. Hammerson met Grombrindal’s gaze, and the White Dwarf nodded slowly. If it must be done, let it be done well. Whether they were dead or alive, that was the only way dwarfs knew how to do anything.

And Grombrindal said "10 from the back, yeah?"
jimma

#7 Post by jimma »

I am surprised that no one has mentioned probably the best choice for a mounted BSB in a High Elf list.

Noble: BSB, Dragon armour, Shield, Steed with barding, Lance, Helm of fortune, Amulet of light 178

For 178 points you get a strong charger that can work wonders along with DP's for example. He is resiliant with his 1+ rerollable save and not to mention he has 3 str 6 magical attacks along with giving magical attacks to his whole unit. This is something very importent when facing certain opponents like Vampire Counts and Wood Elfs. It is a perfect way to eliminate the wraiths he is hiding behind a infantry unit so you can't target it with magic.

Try it out man I promise you will not be disappointed.