Dear fellow 'dey stink funny' people. My Horde.

This forum is for 7th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Silver
Shiny and Polished

Dear fellow 'dey stink funny' people. My Horde.

#1 Post by Silver »

Gorbad's dirty little secret

He keeps Goblins safe in the forests of his territories because he's a big softy! Now they've come out to play because Gorbad's run out of Orcs.

The benched goblins get to play this time! No more being the towel-gits, cleaning up after the orcs and getting little to no loot! The "Looterade"™ shower will be theirs this time!

For those who don't know Gorbad, its a Special Character that gives Ld10 and BSB reroll in a 18" radius. He has no ward save, only has 3+ armor, but has ASF (I5) and loses this 18" range (to become 6" range) if he ever takes a wound. I find him incredibly well priced and balanced for a special character, given that this army suffers from animosity with no mitigation whatsoever and would otherwise be terrible with Ld4 to 6 all around.

Anything named 'Forest Goblin' other than Spider Riders in fact using 'Night Goblin' entries.

[310] Gorbad Ironclaw - Army General, Battle Standard Bearer

[110] 'Forest' Goblin Shaman - Level 2 Wizard, Dispel Scroll
[110] 'Forest' Goblin Shaman - Level 2 Wizard, Dispel Scroll
[105] 'Forest' Goblin Shaman - Level 2 Wizard, Nibbla's 'Itty Ring

[235] 60 'Forest' Goblins - Full Command, Spider Webs (Nets)
[162] 30 'Forest' Goblins - Musician, Standard Bearer, Spider Webs, Caged Creature (Fanatic)
[162] 30 'Forest' Goblins - Musician, Standard Bearer, Spider Webs, Caged Creature
[134] 29 'Forest' Goblins - Musician, Standard Bearer, Spider Webs
[089] 20 'Forest' Goblins - Short Bows, Caged Creature, Musician
[089] 20 'Forest' Goblins - Short Bows, Caged Creature, Musician
[060] 20 'Forest' Goblins - Short Bows
[060] 20 'Forest' Goblins - Short Bows
[071] 5 Forest Goblin Spider Riders - Musician

[105] 7 Spider Hoppers
[105] 7 Spider Hoppers
[070] 2 Spear Chukkas
[070] 2 Spear Chukkas

[120] 3 Common Trolls
[120] 3 Common Trolls

Total: 2500 Points
Models at game start: 289
Deployments: 17
Power: 8 Dice + 1 Bound Spell
Dispel: 5 Dice + 2 Dispel Scrolls

Now then, to gather those near 300 models... ugh haha.
Probably going to expand to 3000 by taking.. Skarsnik! with that many night gob units around.. should be sweet, and add in another NG Shaman, boost up items on all shamans and fill the rest with more trolls.

If anyone whines about OnG using Special chars.. they can just... well we all know what I mean ;D

So my dear elves, what do you think? Fun to fight against?

Also instead of 3 Lv 2 shaman I've been thinking I could also do

[165] 'Forest' Goblin Shaman (Goblin Shaman) - Level 1 Wizard, 2 scrolls on Goblin Wolf Chariot
[140] 'Forest' Goblin Shaman (Goblin Shaman) - Level 1 Wizard, 1 scroll on Goblin Wolf Chariot
[139] 'Forest Goblin Big Boss (Goblin Big Boss) - Tricksy Trinket, Wollopa's One Hit Wunda, Light Armor, Shield on Goblin Wolf Chariot

Losing one unit or two and very dangerous (to both sides) magic to gain 3 chariots that charge 18", one of which has a record of 2 out of 2 war altar popping, One Hit Wunda with Trinket is tricksy good!
Kalandros Shadowsun
Dragon.Prince63

Re: Dear fellow 'dey stink funny' people. My Horde.

#2 Post by Dragon.Prince63 »

That is so cool. :P
Keith

#3 Post by Keith »

Well you didn't overload fanatics or war machines, so yes, definately fun to play against.
Defender of Ulthuan
Cythis

#4 Post by Cythis »

if you actually painted and fielded all of that it would be pure awesome 8) . I like love army design too although you could maybe use a few more fanatics :) .
Silver
Shiny and Polished

#5 Post by Silver »

Cythis wrote:if you actually painted and fielded all of that it would be pure awesome 8) . I like love army design too although you could maybe use a few more fanatics :) .
My main OnG army (trying to sell it right now) has 1 fanatic and even just that one has caused me more damaged than it did to my enemies hahaha,
I was playing against a WoC with Stubborn banner so basically - EVERYTHING in the middle was stuck in combat, where does the fanatic come back at? From the top left of the combat line throughi 2 WoC units and FIVE units of mine... oh the pain.
Kalandros Shadowsun
Kethnae

#6 Post by Kethnae »

Silver wrote:I was playing against a WoC with Stubborn banner so basically - EVERYTHING in the middle was stuck in combat, where does the fanatic come back at? From the top left of the combat line throughi 2 WoC units and FIVE units of mine... oh the pain.
This is where it comes in handy to take a proper horde mentality namely: "We have reserves." It's not a matter of who lost more models, it's who lost more points. And unless the WoC units were dogs and marauders, it was probably him. :P
geoguswrek

#7 Post by geoguswrek »

They spider hoppers are a liability. a couple of inches too much can actually lose you a game since they are skirmishers and they can't flee.
DAMN THE VENOM SWORD
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=44127
orka

#8 Post by orka »

But they are also among the only things in the army list wich can deal some damage.
Blue
I value knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold. My symbol is a water droplet. My enemies are green and red.