First 1000 pts. list suggestions, concerns, plz...

This forum is for 7th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

jheffel

First 1000 pts. list suggestions, concerns, plz...

#1 Post by jheffel »

CHARACTERS

Noble
Barded Steed
Dragon Armor w/ Shield
Sacred Incense
139 PTS.

Mage lvl. 2
Silver Wand
Dispel Scroll
175 PTS.

CORE

19 x Spearmen
Standard/Musician
186 PTS.

SPECIAL

5 x SM
75 PTS.

5 x SM
75 PTS.

5 x DP
150 PTS.

RARE

2 x RBT
200 PTS.

Should add up to 1000 pts. Unless my math is off which is very possible. Any help suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Jason
Angel

Re: First 1000 pts. list suggestions, concerns, plz...

#2 Post by Angel »

Looks fine to me, I would change a couple of things though.

1. The noble, he doesn't need sacred incense. He needs something to do damage with, either a Sword of Might which I like on a mounted character since it gives him S5 all the time. You could also give him a lance which is cheaper.

2. 2 units of 5 swordmasters are just going to die. I would combine them to a single unit and deploy them 7 wide with 3 guys in the second rank. the points saved from dropping the Sacred Incense gives you another swordmaster.

3. This is more of a personal preference thing, but in 1000 points and with a single mage I like to give him a Jewel of Dust so that he has 5 power dice. The downside is of course that you might roll up spells that you rarely can cast but if you pick a lore with mostly good spells such as High, Fire, Death you will be fine most of the time.
[quote="Brian Mage"]As usual Angel has it spot on!!! [/quote]

[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=33158]Illyria and the Silver Legion - the story of my High Elves[/url]

[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=31409]Visit my High Elves log[/url]
pk-ng

Re: First 1000 pts. list suggestions, concerns, plz...

#3 Post by pk-ng »

what angel said about your noble. Or you can give him a helm of fortune + sword of might to give him a 1+ re-rollable armour save

for the mage I prefer to give him seerstaff of saphery + scroll. Get to pick my spells which can come in handy

5 swordmasters are really useless minimum would be 7 SM in 1 unit.

If you are getting 2 RBT i would suggest getting either some Ellyrian Reavers or Shadow Warriors for march blocking and redirecting!
ETC WHFB Team Singapore
2014 - Chaos Dwarfs & Most Favoured Enemy
2015 - High Elves & Top HE

T9A
Highborn Elves - Army Book Committee
Balancing Board
Highborn Elves - ex-Army Support