8th edititon "rumour" list 2k

This forum is for 7th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

gcsmith

8th edititon "rumour" list 2k

#1 Post by gcsmith »

Well With 8th edition less than 3 months away I thought It was time to stop moaning about the bad affects of the rumours, and think about the good. Well thats if they happen. First Thing I thought, while only 500 pts of heroes it deters away from SC unles u only want 1 lord :p. With magic rumours only 1 wizard is needed as at level 4 the max dice you can get is 6, you should easily use them all. So I thought I would finally include a BSB. The only problem with our AB is the lack of rare you can buy at 25% so I spent the excess on core as you will see. Anyway heres the list.

Level 4 arch mage with seer staff and ring of fury (330)
Bsb with Dragon Amour, halberd and banner of sorcery (170)

10 archers with musician (115)
Core total 685

5 shadow warriors (80)
5 shadow warriors (80)
18 SM with full command Banner of elyrion and skeinsliver (340)

eagle (50)
eagle (50)
RBT (100)
RBT (100)

Total for army 1989 with 11 points to play with :p
With Rumoured rules its all legal, and can pack a powerful punch i reckon The BOS now will be kinda mandatory if magic phase rumours are true. so what do you guys think of the army, and how do you reckon it should play in current rules?
Stormie

Re: 8th edititon "rumour" list 2k

#2 Post by Stormie »

Nice, interesting to see someone's perspective on it!

Some thoughts:
-With characters limited, now is NOt the time to start putting things like Banner of Sorcery on your BSB- that 25% is especially precious! Move Sorcery to the Swordmasters, then you can put some neat stuff on your BSB.
-I think the core section is wasted, 60 Archers, zzzz! Go on, whack in a nice big block of Spearmen, give them Ellyrion Banner/ Lion Standard maybe.
-Specials are still top banana and the rumour is up to 50% in specials: so drop some more of the Archers and put in some DPs (Or Silver Helms without shields if you believe that rumour about 2+ save cav not marching- I think it's false).

Will certainly be interesting to see what other peope come up with...
gcsmith

#3 Post by gcsmith »

Ty for the advice, spears I wont add as I find them kinda You know. Pants, but if rumours 50% I can drop one unit of archers for more SM :P MWAHAHAH mega death unit. Banner of sorc I kinda want on my BSB as I can move him around and keep the banner active.
Lord Anathir

#4 Post by Lord Anathir »

no core units with standards to claim objectives. I think you're going to find you need spears/lsg whether you like it or not.
For the dwarfs, there was only this. Hammerson met Grombrindal’s gaze, and the White Dwarf nodded slowly. If it must be done, let it be done well. Whether they were dead or alive, that was the only way dwarfs knew how to do anything.

And Grombrindal said "10 from the back, yeah?"
gcsmith

#5 Post by gcsmith »

Really? last I heard the missions give extra VP not win loss conditions.