2250 Tournament List

This forum is for 7th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Safad

2250 Tournament List

#1 Post by Safad »

Hey here is my latest variant of a Heavy Cavalry list. This list is designed to be competitive against some really tough opponents.

Prince on a Star Dragon 621
Armour of Caledor
Vambraces of Defense
Amulet of Light
Lance (or maybe a halberd)

Noble on Barded Steed 216
Dragon Armour
Lance
Shield
Battle Standard Bearer
Battle Banner

Mage 185
2 Dispel Scroll
Silver Wand

10 Archers 110

10 Archers 110

5 Silver Helms 125
Musicians

5 Silver Helms 125
Musicians

11 Dragon Princes 445
Full Command
Standard of Balance

2 Lion Chariots 280

1 Great Eagle 50

Simple but effective design I use the silver helms to screen my Dragon Princes and redirect charges I've not tried using Lion Chariots but Im hoping they will be effective support that are also able to take down smaller units, they may also draw some big shooting like cannons away from my main units. I don't care if the mage dies he's just there to stop any big magic stuff on the first 2 turns. Any advise would be helpful.
"Know your enemy and know yourself, and find not fear in one hundred battles."
-- Sun Tzu
Griffon Prince

Re: 2250 Tournament List

#2 Post by Griffon Prince »

Ello there

Looks like a typical SD list but I think you need some Bolt Throwers in there to deal with enemy monsters, fanatics blocking your DPs, random chaff, etc.
I'd go great weapon on the Prince just in case the big guy gets shot down.
Drop the Wand and the extra level, save the points. He won't be casting much with only 4 power dice.
Split the DPs into 2 units. Make a 7 man group with full command and give the champ the Helm of Fortune to protect your Noble from enemy characters in challenges.
I'd drop the Helms and a Lion Chariot for 3 RBTs. I like Helms but I feel you really need shooting support when you field a Star Dragon.

Goodluck on the field of battle
Morathi and Tyrion sittin' in a tree...ewwwwwww
madelmo

#3 Post by madelmo »

i agree with dropping the silver helms and splitting the dragon princes.

you shouldn't go into any tourney without at least 2 rbt's. even strict comp tourneys will let you get away with 2.

i also feel like you should have more wounds in the army. maybe utilize our awesome elite infantry units in place of the lion chariots? lion chariots might have a hard time keeping up with your star dragon prince and your dragon prince unit(s), let alone flanking what they charge. having a unit or 2 of the infantry will also make your army more dynamic.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#4 Post by SpellArcher »

What the guys have said.

It's strong once you put the RBT's in but vulnerable to being Cowered by enemy with good tailored magic phases. At 2000pts I think this is the way to go but at 2250 I think you're better off with 2 Lvl2's supporting the big guy.
Ghost

#5 Post by Ghost »

I highly agree with the others on the RBT, they would help out big time. And keeping those Dragon Princes in a large unit will make them a prime target for any opponent you face so it would be best for you to split them up