Potential suicide tourney list?

This forum is for 7th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Ptolemy

Potential suicide tourney list?

#1 Post by Ptolemy »

I put this together yesterday with half a drunk on and can't decide if it would work or would get decimated.

The overal concept is to create impossible target priority decisions while fielding as many low-point units as possible (dragon excluded)

Star Dragon Prince (typical 2+reroll with 4+ ward)
Lvl 2 mage w/seer and scroll
Lvl1 mage w/ 2x scrolls

2x 10 archers
14 swordmasters with champ and standard. Champ has ToL, Standard has SoB
5 DPs
5 DPs
3x Tiranoc Chariots
2x RBT
1x Eagle

The logic at work here would be to stick the swordmasters dead center flanked by a chariot on each side. Stack one flank with 1 DP unit and the Dragon and the other flank with the remaining DP unit and chariot.

The list is fast, hits hard on the charge and forces the enemy to decide what to kill. If left alone, the swordmaster block can tear through near anything. If left alone, the combo charge of a DP and chariot unit will wreck havc. The Dragon is always a priority for the enemy who will only have 2 rounds to do some serious shooting on it before warmachines are overwhelmed.

Thoughts? Could this actually work or will my entire center simply be chewed up by shooting?
[quote]Tethlis: "Most GW female sculpts tend to look like a surly transgender woman of the night, and it would be nice to avoid that if possible."[/quote]
SpellArcher
Green Istari

Re: Potential suicide tourney list?

#2 Post by SpellArcher »

Getting shot is always a problem for small HE armies.

That said I think this is a good ETC-style army and can work. I really think you need Banner of Sorcery, an extra magic level and Silver Wand. I'd drop a chariot to get them.
pk-ng

Re: Potential suicide tourney list?

#3 Post by pk-ng »

Give your seermage a Power stone instead it can do you wonders!
ETC WHFB Team Singapore
2014 - Chaos Dwarfs & Most Favoured Enemy
2015 - High Elves & Top HE

T9A
Highborn Elves - Army Book Committee
Balancing Board
Highborn Elves - ex-Army Support