2250 magic/chracan list

This forum is for 7th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Caledors_Might

2250 magic/chracan list

#1 Post by Caledors_Might »

Hey guys.
just posted my caledor list, thought i'd stick up my magic/chrace list too,
any thoughts would be most welcome!

L4, ring of corin, Forlariths robes, talisman of saphery
L2, scroll,power stone, silver wand
L2, sacred inscence, scroll
BSB, HA, GW, Shield, Gem of hoeth (takes beasts-bears anger)

10 spears
10 spears

12 white lions, lion st
12 white lions, WB, skeinsliver
6 Dragon princes (modelled on lions) full com, banner of ellyrion
2 WLCs
6 Phoenix guard, SB, banner of sorcery

should come to 2246 i think.

Am yet to play with this list, wanting to get my caledor list actually painted 1st, plus am wondering if plastic White lions may come at some point...

Any thoughts?
SpellArcher
Green Istari

Re: 2250 magic/chracan list

#2 Post by SpellArcher »

The list is interesting.

I think there are too many points in characters though, I'd drop one of the Mages. I'd be putting Silver Wand on the Archmage for improved spell selection but Ring of Corin is playable. The two units of Spears are unusual but again, playable IMHO.

Not keen on the second White Lion unit. Like the first, I think it needs a Fear-fighting banner vs autobreaking, so I'd put Standard of Balance on it. Really don't like the Phoenix Guard (too small), I think you can find a different home for the Banner of Sorcery.

The biggest problem though is the lack of Rares. With good magic you might be able to get away without the usual 2+ RBT but it is risky. You'll also miss Eagles and the list has no substitutes in the form of Shadow Warriors or Reavers.

Other than those points, it looks good, the infantry set-up could be fun to play.
dabber
Tactician

#3 Post by dabber »

I don't like the Sacred Incense Mage at all. You don't have anything worth protecting with that item, and two RBTs would hurt the enemy more than the Mage.

Not convinced the immune Archmage fits in this army. Your units are so small and weak, that if the enemy gets in combat, they can kill off the unit and break the Archmage without ever hitting him.
Caledors_Might

#4 Post by Caledors_Might »

Could drop the 12 white lions for 2 units of 7 sword masters with champs, both wl units had full command btw.
inscence guy was ment to have tricksters pendant, that was me looking at the wrong lists.

I know its not all that hard a list, but was wanting to try and keep it fluffy and "chacian"

am gonna try and get a hard tournament army out of all my collection
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#5 Post by SpellArcher »

The problem is, even if you put all the changes in I suggested it'd still only be about as hard as my army IMHO, which isn't all that.

I think it's about having some kind of an answer for most threats, rather than a complete answer.