UPCON 2010 2000pts - Comments?

This forum is for 7th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Elaithnir

UPCON 2010 2000pts - Comments?

#1 Post by Elaithnir »

Hey all! I took this list to UPCON last week and it performed fairly well against a few tough competitors. WARCON is in a month's time and I'm considering using a variant of this list for that tourney (which is a bit touger). I'm not intent on winning or even placing highly, just playing some good games. As it stands, the list plays nicely. Lots of fun. Worried about a few things though:
- Magic. Not sure if one scroll and 4 dispels are enough, but then again, it's just one scroll and dice less than my Archmage list...
- Shooting. Too much of it? I'm not keen on going bowline, and the number of shots in this list climbed without my intending on it. I just fielded what I though was cool.
- The Dragon Princes. I'm using them more as a harrasser/distraction than a strike/heavy cav unit. Perhaps switch them out for reavers or helms? That would give me points to bump the Lion Standard up to a Banner of Balance.
Any other feedback highly appreciated! (The battle reports using this list are in the Reports forum).

Noble
Radiant Gem, Great Weapon, Dragon Armour (144)

Noble
BSB, Ring of Fury, Great Weapon, Dragon Armour (164)

Noble
Reaver Bow, Great Weapon, Dragon Armour (139)

Mage
Level 2, Ring of Corin, Scroll (175)

24 Spearelves
Command, Warbanner (261)

12 Seaguard
Shields, Command (181)

10 Archers
Musician (115)

5 Dragon Princes
Musician (160)

1 Tiranoc (85)

14 White Lions
Command, Lion Standard, Gem of Courage (275)

2 Bolt Throwers (200)
2 Eagles (100)
SpellArcher
Green Istari

Re: UPCON 2010 2000pts - Comments?

#2 Post by SpellArcher »

Bits of it remind me of my old list. I prefer a Prince to two of your Nobles but they do allow you to take useful items on models you can afford to lose. I'm not quite convinced by the Core but you can play tricks by moving the Nobles between units. Again, the shooting is roughly what I take and I think is good enough, without entering gunline territory.

You can get by with that magic defence so long as the PD are single digit IMHO. It's tricky though, going double High could be an idea sometimes. The Banner of Sorcery would certainly help. I use Seerstaff, Ring of Corin is cool but sometimes you really want to auto-select Beast Cowers for instance.

Now I'll go read your report and see how wrong I am!

:)