Ideal Teclis List 2k

This forum is for 7th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Jaith

Ideal Teclis List 2k

#1 Post by Jaith »

Ideal means balanced I guess... how to make the most balanced Teclis list, I'm still in a bit of a cunundrum, where on earth do I keep this guy safe!?

Teclis 475

Mage 140
Dispel Scroll
Dispel Scroll

10 Archers 110

20 Spearmen 230
Full Command
Lion Standard

14 Pheonix Guard 290
Full Command
Banner of Sorcery

7 Sword Masters 105

6 Dragon Princes 180

2 Tiranoc Chariots 170

2 RBT 200
2 Eagles 100

How bad do I need the Pheonix Guard? Could I drop them, use the Spearmen as a bunker and let the Dp's carry BoS? Spearmen allow lots of S3 attacks at anything that tries to suicide charge me to get a bite at Teclis.

With 220 extra points I could get more Dp's or Swordmasters...

The caddy provides some security for our glass-cannon with 2 Scrolls. Should the caddy use high magic for the 5+ ward on Spears? Or maybe beast magic for Bear's Anger and act like a little bodyguard next to teclis?
orka

Re: Ideal Teclis List 2k

#2 Post by orka »

Bears Anger on the PG champion?
Blue
I value knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold. My symbol is a water droplet. My enemies are green and red.
geoguswrek

#3 Post by geoguswrek »

teclis doesn't actually need support, i'm not convinced that the extra mage is warranted for the cost.
DAMN THE VENOM SWORD
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=44127
Jaith

#4 Post by Jaith »

Bear's Anger on a Champion: even better :D

I think the caddy is necessary against some armies. 1 scroll and 4+D3 dispel dice might not cut it against mass sniping spells that can jeopardize Big T.
geoguswrek

#5 Post by geoguswrek »

If you are worried about mass sniping, buy a noble on horse with loremaster's cloak + enchanted shield. Gives you a noble with a 1+ save if you are fighting something that doesn't have sniping, and a 2+ wardsave for teclis if there is sniping to worry about (or buy one of your champions the maulet of fire)
DAMN THE VENOM SWORD
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=44127
Jaith

#6 Post by Jaith »

That is a really good point! Amulet of Fire on the PG champ, problem solved! I can't believe I overlooked that, thanks!
Griffon Prince

#7 Post by Griffon Prince »

Unfortunately, you can't put Bear's Anger on a unit champion. In 6th edition it was posssible but not anymore.