2250 Vs Lizardmen

This forum is for 7th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

DwarfBoy

2250 Vs Lizardmen

#1 Post by DwarfBoy »

I will be trading armies with my friend tomorrow night. He will run my lizards and I will run his high elves. Here is the list I have come up with. Comments are welcome. Kevin, if you're reading this... turn back now and resist the urge to peek!

Archers 10

Archers 10

Swordmasters 6

Swordmasters 6

Lion Chariot 1

Lion Chariot 1

Dragon Princes 5

Dragon Princes 5

Bolt Thrower 1

Bolt Thrower 1

Bolt Thrower 1

Prince
Star Dragon
Shield
Great Weapon
Armour of Caledor
Bow of Seafarer

Mage lvl 2
Dispel Scrolls 2

Mage lvl 2
Dispel Scrolls 2
Kethnae

Re: 2250 Vs Lizardmen

#2 Post by Kethnae »

The Prince needs some work. The Armor of Caledor is a save that can't be improved, so the shield is pointless. Also, when mounted a Great Weapon is only good for +1 Strength. I'd swap it for the cheaper Lance.
As to the rest, I will leave commenting to the more learned membership.
geoguswrek

#3 Post by geoguswrek »

if you have the points left at the end and nowhere else to spend them the great weapon is a good idea, the shield isn't a bad idea either.

The Great weapon means you are still s6 if the dragon dies, the shield means that if you are hit by lore of gold and lose the AoC, you still have a 4+ save.
DAMN THE VENOM SWORD
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=44127
DwarfBoy

#4 Post by DwarfBoy »

Yeah the shield is only in there cuz I had exactly 3 points left and nowhere to spend it. I figured that if for some reason my armor melted, it was there as a backup.

It is the seafarer bow that I am less sure of. Idea was to fly to the flank of a temple guard block with Slann and soften them up by unloading my breath and bow down his 6 ranks. This unit is stubborn and immune to psychology with the slann in it, so I'd want to soften it up a bit before engaging in combat.
DwarfBoy

#5 Post by DwarfBoy »

Kevin don't scroll down and read anymore of this post. It's private.

CHEATER!