Tips on current 2250pt list

This forum is for 7th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

bismarck

Tips on current 2250pt list

#1 Post by bismarck »

Hey, after some consideration I have redone an army list, however I have 163 points left over.

The current list is:

Prince, Star Dragon, Shield, Dragon Armour, Great Weapon, Star Lance, Vambraces of Defence

Caradryan

Mage, 2x Dispel Scroll

17x White Lions, Full Command, Lion Standard

10x Archers

10x Archers

Lion Chariot

Lion Chariot

5x Dragon Princes, Full Command, War Banner, Amulet of Light

RBT

RBT

Great Eagle

= 2248pts.
Last edited by bismarck on Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bismarck

When playing an enemy that has no honor, you'll sometimes have to get rid of your own too to ensure a victory.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

Re: Tips on current 2000pt list

#2 Post by SpellArcher »

Ok well most of it looks good to me and I'll try and explain myself better this time! :)

As before, your shooting is fine. Magic is bare minimum. I think this list is better at combat than your last one because you have the Lion block, which is a very solid base to work around. The Dragon Prince unit maybe doesn't need the champ and musician but really, it's fine. The Lion chariots certainly hit hard but are a little fragile. Not bad picks though.

Where I would take issue is the characters. First off, I think relying on a caddy for High Elves is usually sub-optimal, when we can get a decent magic phase for not too many points. Secondly, Banner of the World Dragon only makes sense for me in a big, powerful combat unit, like a large DP unit. Otherwise the enemy can simply target other units with his magic. Thirdly, Caradryan in himself is quite a good pick. I really think you need a Lord though, either an Archmage or a Prince for the Ld10 and flexibility.

So basically I would suggest re-equipping your BSB and either taking an Archmage with or without a third character or taking a Prince, possibly as you had before.
bismarck

#3 Post by bismarck »

thanks very much for the reply, when i've got some time later today i'll re-edit the list.
bismarck

When playing an enemy that has no honor, you'll sometimes have to get rid of your own too to ensure a victory.
Ilthaen

#4 Post by Ilthaen »

It looks good to me, and i think it could work as is. Still if you want to change it here are some suggestions:

-If you need points, i would drop the musicians from the archer units, and perhaps give the white lions the lion banner instead of the balance banner. This way you could perhaps fit another great eagle in.
-I think the amulet of light will work better on the dragon princes rather than the white lions, they have more attacks (so more attacks are magical) plus they have the speed to carry those magical attacks where you need them. The white lions not so much.

About the characters i agree with everything SpellArcher said about it, and as you were going to change them i will wait until you are done with those changes first.
bismarck

Re: Tips on current 2250pt list

#5 Post by bismarck »

I have edited to be a 2250pts list, which is just as well because otherwise I wouldn't have been able to field a Star Dragon. :D

Hope you like it!

Ben.
bismarck

pk-ng

#6 Post by pk-ng »

My 2 cents. Drop musician from the DPs and give the Gem of Courage to your White Lions. And drop 2 WLs to get another DP.
ETC WHFB Team Singapore
2014 - Chaos Dwarfs & Most Favoured Enemy
2015 - High Elves & Top HE

T9A
Highborn Elves - Army Book Committee
Balancing Board
Highborn Elves - ex-Army Support
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#7 Post by SpellArcher »

Yes, not bad at all IMHO.

The Star Dragon makes it very effective against most enemy. It could run into problems against magic-heavy enemies, especially those with access to Beast Cowers. The caddy is some protection. This is the reason many players would subsitute a second Mage for Caradryan, as it helps the Dragon more.
bismarck

#8 Post by bismarck »

thanks very much for the comments, finally i've got a decent list!

what would you do to make this list a 2000pt list?
bismarck