2250 ETC Rule

This forum is for 7th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

pk-ng

2250 ETC Rule

#1 Post by pk-ng »

Hi Guys

Going to be entering a couple of tournaments in the next few weeks or so which run ETC rules (look below). Would like some feedback as to what you think my list is? And would love lots of feedback if possible! and advice!

ETC rules:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Armies are 2000/2250/2600 points.
- No characters that are: special, named or Albion
- No DoW or RoR in non-DoW armies . (OK may use Rhinox Cav)
- No SoC armies.

The ladder system:
All armies are divided into three categories; A, B and C. Category A armies are limited to 2000pts, B to 2250pts, C to 2600pts

When calculating victory points at the end of the game, once you have the result, then add 10% to any category A army's losses rounding off as normal. Any category C army would conversely have its losses reduced by 20%

Category A (2000pts)
Demons of Chaos

Category B (2250pts)
Dark Elves
Vampires
Empire
Lizardmen
Skaven (to be confirmed end of February)
Bretonnia
Chaos Dwarfs
Dwarfs
High Elves
Warriors of Chaos
Tomb Kings
Wood Elves
Beastmen

Category C (2600pts)
Ogre Kingdoms
Orcs & Goblins
Dogs of War

General composition rules:

- Band C Armies may have 6 Special and 4 Rare Choices.
- Max. 1 of each rare choice (Max.2 of each for High Elves)
- Max. 2 of the same Special choice
- Max. 3 of the same Core choice, except ranked infantry without missile weapons and beast herds.
- Max. 3 chariots (incl. characters and units).
- Max. 3 units of flyers (incl. characters)
- Max. 45 models with missile weapons with a range of 20”+ (not incl. war machines, characters and chariots).
- Max. 5 warmachines.
- Max. 9 PD in an army *

*Magic description
You can use a maximum of 9 power dice in each magic phase. Each bound spell you use count as 1 power dice, all following bound spells used in the same turn counts as 2 power dice.

Every ability that grants the bearer complete knowledge of a single lore counts as one power dice in each magic phase.

All dice you would not normally generate, such as Focused Rumination Slann free dice, Skaven warpstones, night goblin mushrooms, power of darkness etc., also count in the total number of dice you can use in a magic phase.

Tomb Kings count each dice they use for a spell as 1 power dice and casket of souls counts as 2 dice total. They can not chose not to use all the dice when casting an incantation, for example a Liche Priest can’t choose only to use 1 dice on a spell. You can how ever choose not to cast a spell with a model. The 2 basic power dice all armies get only counts if they are used to dispel RIP spells with.

Max 10 dispel dice per army. First dispel scroll (and similar working items) you have in your army counts as 1 dispel dice, in EACH magic phase. The second and all other scrolls, counts as 2 dispel dice in each magic phase. So if you have 3 scrolls you can use a maximum of 5 dispel dice each magic phase. Dice from magic resistance does count in this maximum. Being allowed to reroll your dispel dice every turn counts as 1 dispel dice.

Dice removed by the Chaos Dwarf Chalice of Darkness count as dice used. You remove 3 power dice, you can use only 6 more in your magic phase.

Race specific:
DAEMONS OF CHAOS - All Greater Daemons count as an additional hero choice; Herald BSB may take either daemonic gifts or a daemonic icon, not both; Daemonic Gifts may not be duplicated (except for Spellbreakers); Horrors are limited to 0-2.
DARK ELVES -Max. 35 repeater crossbows in the army; Max. 8 shades per unit; Max. 2 flying units or characters; Assassins after the first take a hero choice; Pendant of khaleth takes a hero choice; Ring of hotek takes a hero choice; Max. 1 Large Target; Max. 1 Rare choice
EMPIRE - Steam Tank counts as 2 rare choices; Max. 3 Wizards (Including the Arch Lector)
LIZARDMEN - Characters mounted on Stegadons also use the relevant special or rare slot; Max. 6 Terradons in army (excl. characters); All disciplines taken after the third count as an additional hero slot (Slann BSB counts as 1, Becalming Cogitation as 2 Disciplines); max. 2 Stegadons of any type
ORCS & GOBLINS - Max 6 goblin fanatics.
VAMPIRE COUNTS - The Drakenhoff banner counts as an additional hero choice; The Helm of Command counts as an additional hero choice; Each +1 to cast in the army counts as 1 powerdice in each phase. Max. 5 Cairn Wraiths
WOOD ELVES - Treeman Ancient counts as Treeman.
SKAVEN: Max. 3 large targets (Hell Pit Abomination and Doomwheel count as 2 each; HPA also counts as 2 rare slots); for each unit of Clanrats/Stormvermin you may have up to 1 unit each of Skavenslaves, Rat Swarms and Giant Rats; Stormbanner is BSB only; Doom Rocket, Poison Wind Mortar, Jezzail units and a Doomweel count as warmachines

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My List is as follows:

Prince - Star Dragon, AoC,VoD, Great Weapon, GoC 622
Mage - Level 2, Seerstaff, PS 185
Mage - Level 2, 2x DS, Silver Wand 185

10 Archers 110

10 Archers 110

5 DP Champ, SB - BoS, AoL 255

14 WL FC - Lion Standard, AoF 285

5 Reavers Muso - Bows + Spears 112

1 Tiranoc Chariot 85

2 RBT

2 GE

Been playing another list

Prince - Star Dragon, AoC,VoD, Great Weapon, GoC 622

10 Archers 110

10 Archers 110

5 DP Champ, SB - BoS, AoL 255

14 WL FC - Lion Standard, AoF 285

5 SH Shields 115

5 SW 80

2 RBT

2 GE

But I don't know it lacks the punch in my last few games and the SW haven't performed as well as I would like them to.
ETC WHFB Team Singapore
2014 - Chaos Dwarfs & Most Favoured Enemy
2015 - High Elves & Top HE

T9A
Highborn Elves - Army Book Committee
Balancing Board
Highborn Elves - ex-Army Support
pk-ng

Re: 2250 ETC Rule

#2 Post by pk-ng »

What do you guys think of this list?

Prince - White Sword, AoC, Guardian Phoenix 250
BSB - DP Kit, Sword of Might, AoL 164
Mage - 2xDS, Silver Wand 185
Mage - Seerstaff, PS 185

10 Archers 110

22 Spearmen FC - Warbanner 225

14 WL Champ + SB - Lion Standard, GoC

14 SM Champ + SB - Standard of Balance

5 DP Champ + SB - HoF, BoS

2 RBT

2 GE

ETC WHFB Team Singapore

T9A
Balancing Board
Flame of the Asuryan

#3 Post by Flame of the Asuryan »

pk-ng wrote:What do you guys think of this list?

Prince - White Sword, AoC, Guardian Phoenix 250
Talisman of Loec? :) . I cannot really see any other reason to field a footprince with White Sword. Maybe Bow of the Seafarer?
BSB - DP Kit, Sword of Might, AoL 164
He does have sword of might AND AoL. Swap one of those for more defensive gear and give one unit champion the Amulet of Light.
Mage - 2xDS, Silver Wand 185
Mage - Seerstaff, PS 185

10 Archers 110

22 Spearmen FC - Warbanner 225

14 WL Champ + SB - Lion Standard, GoC

14 SM Champ + SB - Standard of Balance

If Talisman of Loec cannot be presented on the Swordmasters champion, then why not on the Prince? Talisman of Loec is so hard to miss :p

5 DP Champ + SB - HoF, BoS

Feels like too many points for just a few body's. Remember that your BSB'er and champion cannot benefit from look out sir rolls.

2 RBT

2 GE

I like it overall. Be carefull in deployment or else your army will shrink in turn 3 and 4.
-"Humans are the cruelest of animals" Friedrich Nietzsche -
Jaith

#4 Post by Jaith »

I actually like the list you have been playing a lot. I am going to offer a tweaked list of your original one (the second one on your first post). Don't give up one your shadow warriors! They are designed to just keep a war machine crew in combat, and other than that just be a nuisance!

Prince 620
Star Lance
Talisman of Loec
Armor of Caledor
Guardian Pheonix
Star Dragon
(Not as good as yours, but its definately fun :D!)

Mage 185
Level 2
Seerstaff
Power Stone

Mage 185
Silver Wand
Dispel Scroll
Dispel Scroll
(I like what you did with the mages)

Archers 110
Archers 110
(Good)

5 DP 150
(I have found their best use is to be reckless and expendable, Banner of Sorcery forces the opposite of that in reward for an extra spell in a magic phase, live with 2 spells instead of 3 each round, and enjoy the luxury of these cheap hard hitting guys!)

5 DP 150
(Convert those silverhelms!)

14 WL FC - Lion Standard, GoC 275
(Since there is no BSB to take advantage of stubborn, GoC ensures a litte security for that game changing break test)

5 SW 80
(They hamper our opponents shooting (our biggest weakness), even if its just that one phase they get shot up, its worth it)

Tiranoc Chariot 85
(Nifty little guy right here)

2 RBT
(Good)

2 GE
(Good)

SpellArcher
Green Istari

#5 Post by SpellArcher »

The first two lists are Star Dragon/dual Mage lists, ergo they are strong.

The third list is more interesting but I'm suspicious of four characters. This leaves you a bit short of units IMHO, you could do with another mounted unit and some more light troops I think. Can you drop to three characters and multi-task one of them?
pk-ng

#6 Post by pk-ng »

I'm still tossing up about them I like the 3rd list but not sure if i'm confident enough to bring it to the ETC environment especially with so many people bringing like 88 shots (DE) Dragons (HE) and other stuff...
ETC WHFB Team Singapore

T9A
Balancing Board
Lord Anathir

#7 Post by Lord Anathir »

the core of the army I think should be the star dragon with standard build, 2 lvl2s with seer, wand, and scrolls, 2 rbt + 2 eagles, and 2 units of dp, with war banner and ellyrion. now youve got about 500 points for support. I wouldnt suggest lions without the bsb. To be honest Id actually try 2x10 lsg for core and spend the rest of the points on a unit of reavers naked, horses for the mages, and the rest of the points on a big unit of helms to keep the mages inside so they can support the dragon with wolfs hunt or whatever. Id stay away from shadows and chariot in ETC.

Dragon
2 lvl2s mounted
2x10 lsg
6 dp, warbanner
6 dp, ellyrion
5 reavers
8 or 9 silver helms with armor
2 rbt
2 eagles

id start with that and playtest it and then use your judgement. when you think you have the best list try using it differently to see how it best operates.
For the dwarfs, there was only this. Hammerson met Grombrindal’s gaze, and the White Dwarf nodded slowly. If it must be done, let it be done well. Whether they were dead or alive, that was the only way dwarfs knew how to do anything.

And Grombrindal said "10 from the back, yeah?"
pk-ng

#8 Post by pk-ng »

I have to agree that 1 unit of DP isn't enough and I'm trying to fit in another unit.

Been reading that the WL prolly needs a BSB and so far in my games that very very true. Might give that list a try....
ETC WHFB Team Singapore

T9A
Balancing Board
pk-ng

#9 Post by pk-ng »

After entering a tournament on the weekend I think I'm going to finalise my list for the upcoming ETC rule tournament to this! any feedback would be great!

Prince - Star Dragon, AoC,VoD, Biting Blade + GoC / Sword of Might 620/615

2x 10 Archers 220

6 DP Champ, SB - BoE, AoL 250

15 WL FC - Lion Standard, AoF 300

5 DP SB - Warbanner 190

2 RBT

2 GE

2250/2245
ETC WHFB Team Singapore