How would feel if handed this army to play with?

This forum is for 7th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Rate the power level of this army.

1. Couldn't beat its way out of a wet paper bag.
No votes
2. Could beat its way out of wet paper bag but not much else.
No votes
3. Weak
6%
4. Struggle against magic heavy Orcs and Goblins.
No votes
5. Meh.
12%
6. Some possibility
29%
7. Good
24%
8. Contender.
29%
9. Great
No votes
10. Best
No votes

Total votes: 17

yellowcommissar

How would feel if handed this army to play with?

#1 Post by yellowcommissar »

Prince on Star Dragon, dragon armour, shield, lance, bow of the seafarer, temekadors gauntlets, talisman of loec

Mage, scroll, scroll

10 archers

10 archers

7 swordmasters

7 dragon princes, standard, banner of ellyrion, champ, amulet of light

5 reavers, musician

lion chariot

tiranoc chariot

great eagle

great eagle

rbt

rbt

2000 points

Suggestions welcome. I'm interested in its percieved power level. I don't want to influence votes by saying what level I am shooting for, so I will reveal that later.

Thanks in advance. Please vote. :)
Semper Fidelis
Allerion
Librarian

Re: How would feel if handed this army to play with?

#2 Post by Allerion »

besides the SD, its a rather average list. youll win a couple games just cause of the lizzard. I voter contender or something like that, because its only a few steps removed from good. Best would probably be a teclis list. No Banner of Win, only 1 unit of DP, multiple chariots, reavers.... this list is closer to balanced than all-out swiss-fest
Excited for TOW
Lord Anathir

#3 Post by Lord Anathir »

-1 for under 3 rbt, -1 for no battle banner
For the dwarfs, there was only this. Hammerson met Grombrindal’s gaze, and the White Dwarf nodded slowly. If it must be done, let it be done well. Whether they were dead or alive, that was the only way dwarfs knew how to do anything.

And Grombrindal said "10 from the back, yeah?"
yellowcommissar

#4 Post by yellowcommissar »

Thanks for the votes everyone. I was originally aiming to make it a solid (7) list but at 2000 points I was having a hard time fitting in what I thought I could. I really wanted a 20 strong unit of spears with warbanner and another tiranoc chariot, but the points weren't there.

The list is for a tournament we are having where you play against your list with your opponents list the first two games then with your own list the third game.

I would normally be sorely tempted to drop the scroll caddy but I would feel pretty bad for my opponent if he handed me a VC army or Teclis.

I'm still trying to squeeze in the other chariot. The only way I can see fitting it is to drop 2 dragon princes and convert one unit of archers into spears. I don't know how I feel about units of 10 spears as I've never run one before. I pretty much always take spears in units of 20. Maybe 18 if I am going to put a mounted noble in there.

Thanks again for the votes. I was afraid the list was around the 5 or 6 level after shaving it down to 2000 points. I don't want the list to be too weak while I'm not looking for a 9 or 10 either. The idea behind the tournament is to balance the lists by having to play against your own while still having to use it too.
Semper Fidelis
Sashimoto

#5 Post by Sashimoto »

No fear/terror protection. No battle banner or second mage.