2500 pt tourney list

This forum is for 7th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

mcpolle

2500 pt tourney list

#1 Post by mcpolle »

Here you go guys, what do you think, Personally I think it should be able to do quite a lot, can fight, shoot,(some) and use magic.

Comments are more than welcome

20 SpearElves
Standard; Musician

10 Archers

1 Great Eagles

1 Great Eagles

1 Repeater Bolt Thrower

1 Repeater Bolt Thrower

13 Swordmasters
Standard; Musician
Lion Standard

Bladelord
Armour of Caledor

19 Phoenix Guard
Standard; Musician

1 Keeper of the Flame
Heavy Armour
Skeinsliver

1 Tiranoc Chariot

6 Dragon Princes
Standard; Musician
War Banner

6 Dragon Princes
Standard; Musician
Banner of Ellyrion

1 Archmage
General; Magic Level 4
Silver Wand
Dispel Scroll
Dispel Scroll
Ring of Fury

1 Mage
Magic Level 2
Seerstaff of Saphery
Dispel Scroll

1 Noble
Dragon Armour; Shield; Battle Standard
Sword of Might
Helm of Fortune

1 Elf Steed: Barded

Casting Pool: 8

Dispel Pool: 5

Models in Army: 88

Total Army Cost: 2499.0
Polle
Lord Anathir

Re: 2500 pt tourney list

#2 Post by Lord Anathir »

the basic form is good, but I think you're a bit too heavy on items and characters. I think one unit of 6 dp with a magic flag is enough, maybe split the other one into 2x5 for some more hitting power. I'm not sure about bladelord items. Maybe loec is a better fit. I'm trying to figure out where your 2500 points are, it looks a lot like a 2250 list to me. Also, do you have sorcery anywhere? It goes nicely on PG. Also I dont think any of the units need musicians.
For the dwarfs, there was only this. Hammerson met Grombrindal’s gaze, and the White Dwarf nodded slowly. If it must be done, let it be done well. Whether they were dead or alive, that was the only way dwarfs knew how to do anything.

And Grombrindal said "10 from the back, yeah?"
mcpolle

#3 Post by mcpolle »

Hi there, again, thx for looking, did not think we were allowed to print the price costs, therefore have left them off,

Loec, on SM, yup sounds good, no BoS, as in DK we have a limit on allowed use of PD, where 9 is the total, and am on that already.

Polle
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#4 Post by SpellArcher »

Lord Anathir wrote:I'm trying to figure out where your 2500 points are, it looks a lot like a 2250 list to me
Well, that's three tooled-up blocks, one of which is 19 PG plus two expensive units of DP's.
mcpolle wrote:no BoS, as in DK we have a limit on allowed use of PD, where 9 is the total, and am on that already.
I'd be tempted to go Sorcery instead of the Seermage. It's so much cheaper though obviously you lose the spell flexibility.

Yeah it looks like a solid Archmage list that would be quite hard head-on. I'd agree with LA that you could be a bit more ruthless with your points though.
Sashimoto

#5 Post by Sashimoto »

I'd give lion standard to spearmen and, as it was said, talisman of Loec to Bladelord. Or amulet of light.
mcpolle

#6 Post by mcpolle »

Why the Lion std to the Spears, they should not be the unit going out and kicking butt, and really do not want my Sm to be outnumbered by fear causers, and running away.

Also, how to be more ruthless on points<???

Polle
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#7 Post by SpellArcher »

mcpolle wrote:Why the Lion std to the Spears, they should not be the unit going out and kicking butt, and really do not want my Sm to be outnumbered by fear causers, and running away.
I'd put Standard of Balance on the SM, the ITP is excellent and the anti-Hatred and Frenzy makes all the difference against some opponents.
mcpolle wrote:Also, how to be more ruthless on points<???
Yeah, easier said than done!

Personally, I don't like three infantry blocks, especially when one of them is the costly PG. This is 2500 though which is more than we usually get to play with. Dropping the Seermage is one possibility, cutting the Princes back another. They are powerful but you've already got two strong units of elites, which is where all the points go I guess.
mcpolle

#8 Post by mcpolle »

So if I was to drop the PG, which have been sterling for me, what would you use in their place??

Polle
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#9 Post by SpellArcher »

Then I'd keep them, your experience is more valid for you than what we say I reckon.

I guess we are used to 2000/2250 Archmage lists where every point is precious and there is often a chronic lack of numbers. In your case, especially with the PD cap, it's not so easy to see obvious things you could improve the list with from points saved elsewhere. More troops, just possibly.
Sashimoto

#10 Post by Sashimoto »

mcpolle wrote:Why the Lion std to the Spears...
Sorry. Didn't mention, that you've already given it to SM.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#11 Post by SpellArcher »

I assume you are under comp similar to ETC?

In that case Reaver Bow is good to boost firepower, especially against DE. You'd have to re-jig the BSB or take another Noble to get it I guess. I really fancy the Standard of Balance on the Swordmasters.

I'm not saying the PG are no good, just that that's where many of the points are.