beginner list HE 1500 pts

This forum is for 7th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

jpdub

beginner list HE 1500 pts

#1 Post by jpdub »

Hey im new high elf player and im going to start i tought making a begin army to plan on and what i will porbably buy if you could help me with it here is a 1500 pts list ive made

Hero
-Noble lance, shield, barded elven steed,dragon armour,guardian pheonix, : 138pts added dragon armour and removed caledor armour
-Mage lvl 2 silver wand, dispel scroll, : 165 pts removed ring of fury

Core:
-15 spearmen ,musician,standard bearer 150pts dropped to 15

Special:
-5 dragon prince musician.standart bearer, banner of ellyrion my noble will go with this unit 185pts
-6 dragon prince naked 180pts
-14 SMoH 210pts added 4 and removed the command
-15 white lion of chrace full command lion standart 268 pts added lion standart and 5 WL

Rare
-RBT 100pts
-RBT 100pts

total 1496 pts
Last edited by jpdub on Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
grantmepower

Re: new list

#2 Post by grantmepower »

jpdub wrote:Hey im new high elf player and im going to start i tought making a begin army to plan on and what i will porbably buy if you could help me with it here is a 1500 pts list ive made

Hero
-Noble lance, shield, barded elven steed,guardian pheonix, caledor armour : 157pts
If you are using the Armour of Caledor you can only have a maximum of a 2+ save. With dragon armour, the barded steed, and a shield you would receive that same 2+ save. This gives you the 25 points to spend on some other magic item.
-Mage lvl 2 silver wand, dispel scroll,ring of fury : 205 pts
This mage exceeds the limit of 50 points of magic items. He has 70, which is not allowed. Dropping the dispel scroll would make this legal.

Core:
-20 spearmen ,musician,standard bearer 195pts

Special:
-5 dragon prince musician.standart bearer, banner of ellyrion my noble will go with this unit 185pts
-6 dragon prince naked 180pts
-10 SMoH full command 180pts
10 is not the optimal number for this unit, but I understand that is probably all you own. I recommend removing the full command, as swordmasters will usually win combat through pure kills alone, rather than having a banner. Plus if the unit dies, the banner is worth 100 victory points more to your opponent. When you use Sword Masters you want the most attacks possible, so I recommend using the unit in ranks that are 7 wide instead of the standard 5.
-10 white lion of chrace full command 180pts
This unit is also a bit small for my tastes. If you are up against fear or terror-causing opponents you should put the Lion Standard or Standard of Balance in this unit in order to make them immune to the fear, therefore making it impossible to bypass their stubborn roll.

Rare
-RBT 100pts
-RBT 100pts

total 1482 pts what to do with the 18 pts left and what you think of my list
Overall it's not a bad beginner list, but make sure to fix those illegal character choices.
~Grant
Ulthuan in Flames: 13/9/6 Bel Hathor 77 kills
jpdub

Re: new list

#3 Post by jpdub »

Ok i edited as you said and I don`t own the model I wanted to make an army list before starting to buy model to see what i would need to have a good starting
grantmepower

Re: beginner list HE 1500 pts

#4 Post by grantmepower »

Yeah, those changes look really good. You won't regret buying anything in the list.
Ulthuan in Flames: 13/9/6 Bel Hathor 77 kills
Gildor777

Re: beginner list HE 1500 pts

#5 Post by Gildor777 »

I agree, that is a pretty good looking attacking list for 1500.