Final List 2250 for GT Colonial

This forum is for 7th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

vash556

Final List 2250 for GT Colonial

#1 Post by vash556 »

Well fellow High Elven brothers I need help selecting between a few lists to take to the GT Colonel this year. Below I have three lists which I tested the whole dragon(s) and all calvery thing and so far I like the results alot and I feel I understand how the lists work so it comes down to a matter of efficiency for the possible bracket of difficulty I may face, not sure if they would all be a 0 comp or a 1-5 im still not sure.

List: 1
Prince- Star Dragon – Star Lance/ Armor of Caledor/ Guardian Phoenix/ Talisman of Loec – 620
Noble – BsB - Battle Banner – Barded Elven Steed/ Dragon Armour/ Shield/ Lance - 218
Mage lvl 1 – 2x Dispel Scrolls – 140

Core:
10x Archers – 110
10x Archers – 110

Special:
5x Dragon Princes – Champion/Standard – Lion Standard – 215 <- BsB goes here
6x Dragon Princes – Champion/Standard – Amulet of Light/Banner of Ellyrion – 250
5x Dragon Princes - 150
5x Ellyrian Reavers - 85

Rare:
3x Repeater Bolt Throwers – 300
1x Great Eagle – 50

Total Points: 2248

List: 2

Prince- Star Dragon – Star Lance/ Armor of Caledor/ Guardian Phoenix/ Talisman of Loec – 620
Dragon Mage of Caledor- lvl 2 – 2x Dispel Scrolls/ Silverwand - 435

Core:
10x Archers – 110
10x Archers – 110

Special:
5x Dragon Princes – Champion/Standard – Amulet of Light/Banner of Ellyrion – 220
6x Dragon Princes – Champion/Standard – Lion Standard - 245
5x Dragon Princes – Musician - 160

Rare:
3x rbt – 300
1x Great eagle – 50

Total Points: 2250

List: 3

Mage lvl 1 – 2x Scrolls – 140
Mage lvl 1- 2x Scrolls - 140

Core:
10x Archers – 110
10x Archers – 110

Special:
5x Dragon Princes – Champion/Standard – Amulet of Light/Banner of Ellyrion – 220
6x Dragon Princes – Champion/Standard – Lion Standard - 245
5x Dragon Princes – Musician - 160
5x Dragon Princes – 150

Rare:
3x rbt – 300
1x Great eagle - 50

Total Points: 2245

Now with the last list I can make a possible change by dropping the last unit of Dragon Princes and adding a lvl of magic to both scroll caddies and add a tiranoc chariot. The adding of the lvls to the mages will be there to help cast double drain magic. I guess I can also make that tiranoc chariot 5 vanilla Ellyrian Reavers if that seems to be a better choice.
Last edited by vash556 on Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
dabber
Tactician

Re: Final List 2250 for GT Colonel

#2 Post by dabber »

I would put Helm of Fortune on the Prince instead of Armour of Caledor. Re-rollable 3+ is usually better than a 2+.

I don't think you need the second DP champion, but you do need another DP in the BSB's unit. Currently he gets no "look out sir" because there are only 4 regular guys (the champion doesn't count). It may be that "look out sir" is not critical, but Empire can make the tough group and anyone can put out enough ranged damage you don't want things randomizing onto your BSB at the start of the game.

I don't like the 4 scroll list. That will be clearly wasteful in several of your games, and against the super casty Daemons it may not be enough.
vash556

Re: Final List 2250 for GT Colonel

#3 Post by vash556 »

I do like that idea for the helm of fortune, gonna have to test that out, too bad we don't get armour bonuses for riding a dragon :( . I haven't really tested the list with the two scroll caddies but it does seem like It can help get me where I want to so I can get into combat as fast as possible with minimal/no magic interference hrmm.