Need help with a smaller list with what I have.

This forum is for 7th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Red_Lep

Need help with a smaller list with what I have.

#1 Post by Red_Lep »

I'm currently building a 3000pt list, thanks to all those who helped, and I need some help building a list with what I have because I'm starting to lose interest in painting :oops: So I figured I'd have a game or two to inspire me to keep painting.

What I have available:

Korhil
Mage

A ton of spearmen(Including Command)

10 Silver Helms
14 White Lions(Including Command)
2 White Lion Chariots

2 Bolt Thrower
2 Great Eagles

Any thoughts? I'd like about 1500 points.

EDIT: Maybe something like this:

Characters- 280

Korhil- 140

Mage- 140
~2 Scrolls
.................................................. ..................................
Core- 215

Spearmen(20)- 215
~Standard Bearer
~Musican
~Warbanner
.................................................. ..................................
Special- 800

White Lions(14)- 310
~Full Command
~Standard of Balance
~Amulet of Light
~Gem of Courage

2x Lion Chariots- 140

2x Silver Helms(5)- 105
Rare- 150

Repeater Bolt Thrower- 100

Great Eagle- 50
Total- 1445
theviking

Re: Need help with a smaller list with what I have.

#2 Post by theviking »

I think that's about as good as you can do with what you have. You could always put korhil on the catmobile, but I think he'll be more useful giving stubborn and combat punch to the spears. I prefer lion banner over standard of balance on WL, but balance definitely has it uses. If you face DE or skaven you will want it. I would also suggest a different banner for the spears, with korhil on board you'll be having other problems if you need more CR. Either Ellyrion or lion banner would be more useful, depending on your opponents and preferences. Eagles are nice but without any magic to speak of you may find yourself wanting a bit more ranged damage, so consider 2x RBT. Fill up the rest of your points with spears, they die easily and outnumbering is a good thing.