2500 Sea Gaurd Army

This forum is for 7th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Baleanoon

2500 Sea Gaurd Army

#1 Post by Baleanoon »

So this is for that GW Even they're having at the end of the month 2500, one scroll, and four core. Those are the only requirements, I figure they're is going to be a lot of magic, and to buck the trend I'm bringing my High Elves, as opposed to WofC, or Lizzies. Any opinions are welcome, some things are going to be not optimum, but I think I can get everything to fit.

Prince
Lance
Armour of Caledor, Vambraces of Defence
Star Dragon

Noble (I might just give this guy armour of protection to be honest I think the 4+ ward works better than a 4+ re-roll and 5+ ward)
Bsb
Great weapon, shield
Helm of Fortune, Guardian Phoenix

Mage
Dispel Scroll

10 Archers

10 Archers

18 Sea Gaurd
Musician, Standard; Lion standard

17 Sea Gaurd
Musician, Standard

14 White Lions
Musician, Standard; Standard of Balance

5 Ellyrion Reavers
Bows, Spears
Musician

5 Dragon Princes
Standard; Banner of Ellyrion

RBT

RBT

Great Eagle

Great Eagle

Now originally this started as a Sea gaurd or Lothern professional army, but after some thinking I realized the six stand a shooting attacks might save me from a) being outnumbered and b) knocking off ranks or some such. I also realized that by taking almost no magic (besides Drain), I need to put a heavy emphasis on the other turns in the game. Let me know what you guys think.
I saw Karaz-a-Karak...and then I burned it to the ground.

Baleanoon and House Morhathel march once again for the Glory of Khaine and his chosen King.
Griffon Prince

Re: 2500 Sea Gaurd Army

#2 Post by Griffon Prince »

Hey there
I use Armor of Protection myself on my BSB and I am quite satisfied with it.
With your list, I would be worried about Beast Cowers. Forbidden Lore Vamps, Tzeentch Daemons, oppossing HE lists, Lizzies, etc will all be packing Lore of Beasts once they see a Dragon. I'd try to get Annulian Crystal in there somewhere with another mage if possible.
Citizen Militia

Re: 2500 Sea Gaurd Army

#3 Post by Citizen Militia »

one scroll and four core is crippling for high elves. How about going for a level 3 archmage with one scroll and the vortex shards, spam drain magic on your magic phase and if you are really worried about magic maybe even a level one with sigil of asuryan. Failing that if you are not that worried about magic how about a level 3 archmage with loremasters cloak, sigil of asuryan and a scroll. Thing is you need to build yourself a magic defence and you are not going to be able to do that with just one single mage and 2 mages is as much points as an archmage, takes up 2 slots and is twice as many things to worry about.

That leaves you options though, maybe a noble and a BSB. Caradryan and/or Korhill wouldn't be bad choices in this situation but I don't know if your allowed named special characters. Thing is you could put either of them in a unit of spears and turn them into a good cheap unit.
since returning to the game after a 5 year break I have had 1 massacre loss, 3 minor losses, 2 draws, 3 minor wins, 3 solid wins, 2 massacres :)