Friendly 2000pts against Ogres

This forum is for 7th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Finreir of chrace

Friendly 2000pts against Ogres

#1 Post by Finreir of chrace »

Hello all.
I'm playing ogres in 2 weeks time and i want to play a balanced and friendly list as the general is poor and so is the army.
This is my army list at the moment:

Heroes-

Mage
lvl2, ring of fury, silver wand

Mage
lvl2, seerstaff of saphery

Caradryan

Core

10 archers

10 archers

Special

3x lion chariots

7 swordmasters
champion

7 swordmasters
champion

14 white lions
Full command, banner of sorcery

Rare

2x bolthrowers

2x great eagles

Is it too good for ogres?
Last edited by Finreir of chrace on Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sturen

Re: Friendly 2000pts against Ogres

#2 Post by Sturen »

It looks pretty solid if you're looking for friendly against ogres with a weak general then you might need to consider weakening it :lol: Lord free is quite friendly I guess, is caradryan joining the WL? He will boost them considerably which is good, fear immunity is nice :D. The list is quite an aggresive infantry list. All those SM will cause some damage. Everything is fine, nothing odd or too weak but it might be a little strong :lol: ogres are meant to be the weakest army and you say the general is poor so you'll want a very soft army, I'd swap some archers for a spear block and drop one of the rares to pay for it. Or even add a third core unit.

hehe its weird thinking up ways to weaken an army xD
My Log - guaranteed to make your day 127% more awesome!

Also find me on Instagram: @battlestones
Finreir of chrace

#3 Post by Finreir of chrace »

Thanks for the feedback sturen.
Yeah im planning to put caradryan in the white lions and let him deal with any nasty tyrants that come by.
Do you think the army should be changed or is it beatable... for ogres :lol:
Sturen

#4 Post by Sturen »

If the ogre player takes a "cheesy" list :lol: he'll have a fair chance I'm sure, you're list isn't hardcore but its not particularly soft either. If he has a softer list then he may struggle a bit :( so I'd recommend weakening your list a bit more :)
My Log - guaranteed to make your day 127% more awesome!

Also find me on Instagram: @battlestones
Finreir of chrace

#5 Post by Finreir of chrace »

:lol: Thanks for the advice.
dabber
Tactician

#6 Post by dabber »

I would say it is too good to take against Ogres. If he is allowed Rhinox Riders, he stands a good chance of taking you, but the in book ogre choices likely will not stand up to that. Especially with a weaker general. For a list without a lord, I would say it is very optimized for killing ogres. Caradryan likely negates their strongest element - the Tyrant. Three Lion Chariots and Swordmasters will give them trouble.
Finreir of chrace

#7 Post by Finreir of chrace »

Yeah rhinox riders would give him a good chance, if I allowed him to field them would our armies be relatively balanced?
geoguswrek

#8 Post by geoguswrek »

nah, he only has 1 unit of rhinox and you have 2 eagles...
DAMN THE VENOM SWORD
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=44127
theviking

#9 Post by theviking »

What kind of list does your opponent have?

As an ogre player, I would be challenged to beat this list. Lion chariots and SM will own anything on my side but a character, and will probably take at least half wounds off those. RBT's will do the rest. I wouldn't worry much about the archers, but will probably lose at least one unit to a panic test caused by them. One mage casting drain magic will ruin my magic phase, and ring of fury + BoS will wreak all kinds of havoc. I guess what I am saying is that this list will have to try not to beat the average ogre list.

If you want to weaken the list, I would drop the banner of sorcery, the ring of fury, caradryan, one or two lion chariots, possibly one of the SM units. Replace them with another rank of WL and the lion banner on them, a noble or even a prince for your general, possibly some cavalry or PG, maybe turn the archers into LSG or add some spears. The modified list might have a prince or noble (or even two nobles), two mages, 2-3 units of core, block of WL, block of PG, maybe some cav, RBT, couple of eagles. It will still be a better list than the ogres, but I could beat it.