Friendly Chracian list, 3000pts(2 Griffons)

This forum is for 7th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Red_Lep

Friendly Chracian list, 3000pts(2 Griffons)

#1 Post by Red_Lep »

I know its not the most competitive list ever, but it looks fun and I have all the minis except the Princes.

Characters- 1545

Prince- 447
~Bow of the Seafarer
~Armor of Caledor
~Great Axe
~Griffon

Prince- 452
~Radiant Gem of Hoeth
~Armor of Protection
~Great Weapon
~Griffon

**Each go on a flank

BSB- 156
~The White Sword
~Dragon Armor
**Goes in the WLs

Korhil- 140
**Goes in the Spearmen

Mage- 185
~Ring of Fury
~Silver Wand
~Level 2
**Archers

Mage- 165
~Seerstaff
~Level 2
**Archers

**Its weak on magic, but I don't like just defense so I tried to find a way to add a little magic to the list
.................................................. .................................................. .....................
Core- 430

Spearmen(20)- 210
~Standard Bearer
~Musician
~Warbanner

2x Archers(10)- 110
.................................................. .................................................. .....................
Special- 820

White Lions(17)- 310
~Full Command
~Lion Standard

2x White Lion Chariots- 140
**Both work together and double-team a unit

2x Silver Helms(5)- 115
~Shields
**I know Dragon Princes are better but I have them and wanted to use them(without proxying that is)
Rare- 200

Repeater Bolt Throwers- 100
**Yes, just one, but the first Prince has the BotS

2x Great Eagle- 50
Total- 2995

Any thoughts on how the list could be better without drastically changing the theme of the list?
Aethyr

Re: Friendly Chracian list, 3000pts(2 Griffons)

#2 Post by Aethyr »

Hey sounds fun and looks fluffy!
[i]The Dwarf begged the Dice Gods for Insane Courage on his re-rollable Break Test, failed to achieve it, and the Dice Gods mocked him horribly by giving him Double 1s for his flee distance immediately after. My White Lions promptly ran the Warriors down.[/i]
[b]Lord Tethlis' account of slaying fowl Dawi.[/b]
Griffon Prince

#3 Post by Griffon Prince »

1 RBT and the BotS won't do all that much at 3k. I know it's a friendly list but I'd tried to drop some mages and get another block in the army.
Morathi and Tyrion sittin' in a tree...ewwwwwww
Sturen

#4 Post by Sturen »

Just to point out, your BSB has a 5+ save :(, he'll die as easy as a couple of spearman

I agree, more RBTs!! you have 6(!!) rare slots, use them, another couple of RBTs and an extra eagle would be good, or 4 RBT if you have the points.
Last edited by Sturen on Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Log - guaranteed to make your day 127% more awesome!

Also find me on Instagram: @battlestones
dabber
Tactician

#5 Post by dabber »

3000 points with max characters plus 2 Griffon!!! You have no army! To me, it isn't that friendly a list. Sure it isn't a nasty Teclis+Star Dragon list, but the game remains really just about the Griffons. If they go down, you don't have much else to hurt the enemy.
Red_Lep

#6 Post by Red_Lep »

dabber wrote:3000 points with max characters plus 2 Griffon!!! You have no army! To me, it isn't that friendly a list. Sure it isn't a nasty Teclis+Star Dragon list, but the game remains really just about the Griffons. If they go down, you don't have much else to hurt the enemy.
So.....how would you change it? I want to keep the two Griffons and Korhil, but other than that I'm open to changing the characters. Although, I do hesitate on going strictly magic defense, any thoughts?
WarpPhoenix

#7 Post by WarpPhoenix »

In all honesty you dont have enough white lions. To constitute a Chrace list at 3k I would expect AT LEAST 2 units of 20-25 strong white lions, one with lion standard and the other with banner of balance. the rest of the special being delt out in lion chariots, put korhil in a lion chariot too and the core can be whatever you want it to be really. I would probably expect archers from chrace though.

I would probably say drop both untis of wivler helms for more charitos and white lions, make the other prince just as killy as the first, i would probably jsut drop both mages to scroll duty too.
Hey, does this cloth smell like chloroform?
Red_Lep

#8 Post by Red_Lep »

Y'all have some good points, I'm re-working my 2250 list so that it'll be the same when I expand to 3000.
Red_Lep

#9 Post by Red_Lep »

More fluffy?

Characters- 1173

Prince- 447
~Bow of the Seafarer
~Armor of Caledor
~Great Axe
~Griffon

Prince- 446
~Temakador's Gauntlets
~Radiant Gem of Hoeth
~Dragon Armor
~Great Axe
~Griffon

Mage- 140
~Annulian Crystal

Korhil- 140
Core- 435

Spearmen(20)- 215
~Standard Bearer
~Musician
~Warbanner

2x Archers(10)- 110
Special- 1180

White Lions(18)- 355
~Full Command
~Standard of Balance

White Lions(18)- 335
~Full Command
~Lion Standard

2x White Lion Chariots- 140

2x Silver Helms(5)- 105
Rare- 200

Repeater Bolt Thrower- 100

2x Great Eagle- 50
Total- 2983
Griffon Prince

#10 Post by Griffon Prince »

I prefer that list. I would drop the Crystal for 2 scrolls however. It's better to have two hard spell stoppers than an extra dispel die.
Morathi and Tyrion sittin' in a tree...ewwwwwww
Red_Lep

#11 Post by Red_Lep »

Thanks, I also couldn't find a way I like to bring it down to 2250 so I was thinking I'd use it as just a 3000pt list(the point level that the guy I'll have most of my games with prefers).