2250 tourny list

This forum is for 7th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Deroga

2250 tourny list

#1 Post by Deroga »

Prince
Great Weapon
bow of the seafarer
Armour of Caledor
Talisman of Loec

Noble
Dragon Armour
Great Weapon
BSB
Reaver Bow

Mage lvl 2
Dispel Scroll x 2
Silver Wand

Mage lvl 2
The Seerstaff
Power Stone

Spearmen x 20
Musician + Banner
War Banner

Archers x 10

White Lions of Chrace x 17
FC
Skein Sliver
Standard of Balance

Sword Masters of Hoeth x 17
FC
The Gem of Courage
Banner of Sorcery

Shadow Warriors x 5

RBT x 3
Great Eagle

I geuss the only thing i am considering really is dropping the magic out, switching the two mages to hold me 4 scrolls, put lion standard on the sword masters, and then get 2 tiranoc chariots. Opinions?
SpellArcher
Green Istari

Re: 2250 tourny list

#2 Post by SpellArcher »

More fighting units would be good.

On the other hand, it's a gunline and maybe you need some magic against an enemy with even better shooting or who is good at avoiding your firepower.
Deroga

#3 Post by Deroga »

SpellArcher wrote:More fighting units would be good.

On the other hand, it's a gunline and maybe you need some magic against an enemy with even better shooting or who is good at avoiding your firepower.

Yeah, can decide on the magic or the 2 chariots :(. Probably gonna be a preference thing to most people.
Finreir of chrace

#4 Post by Finreir of chrace »

You could remove one bolthrower and replace it with an eagle which will give you more time to shoot at the enemy, split the swordmasters into units of 6 or 7 :D and use the points saved to mount your prince on a chariot to give you some maneuverability.
Deroga

#5 Post by Deroga »

Finreir of chrace wrote:You could remove one bolthrower and replace it with an eagle which will give you more time to shoot at the enemy, split the swordmasters into units of 6 or 7 :D and use the points saved to mount your prince on a chariot to give you some maneuverability.
I could remove a bolt thrower for an eagle, and have considered it, but i would like to believe that 1 eagle and a unit of shadow warriors should do well at march blocking. I can change the unit of sword masters into two units of 7, is that better? Right now i have them bunkering the banner of sorcery and like the extra modles to soak up shots. I don't have enough experience on that subject though :(.
Daydream

#6 Post by Daydream »

I'd recommend swapping the white lions for phoenix guard and moving banners so that sorcery is on the phoenix guard, balance on the swordmasters and lion standard on the spears.

You also need to make your characters tougher to kill. I've found that my characters are better used by absorbing damage than inflicting wounds. Mount both of the characters, give the prince the helm of fortune and the noble the enchanted shield. Putting them in the phoenix guard gives you a unit that will be tought to inflict wounds on.

I'd also recommend changing you mage setup to include the Ring of Fury. 2 Level 2's with Silver wand/Ring of Fury and Seerstaff/Scroll is my perfered setup for medium magic.