2250pt List for Tournament - with no lord

This forum is for 7th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Lord Narhir

2250pt List for Tournament - with no lord

#1 Post by Lord Narhir »

After playing a HE dragon list :evil: for the last few years, but i am now looking at playing a different type of game with my HE

Noble - Eagle, dragon armour, reaver bow, enchanted shield, lance - 195pt
Noble - Tiranoc chariot, enchanted shield, dragon armour, lance - 190pts
Noble - Barded steed, dragon armour, shield, lance, talisman of leoc, amulet of light - 138pts
Mage - Lvl 1, 2x scrolls -140pts

10x Archers - 110pts
10x Archers - 110pts
15x Spearelves - musician - 140
15x Spearelves - musician - 140

15x Pheonix guard - FC, war banner - 275pts
10x White lions - FC - 180pts
Lion chariot - 140pts
5x DPs - Banner of ellyrion - 185pts

2x RBTS -200pts
2x Eagle -100pts

I am looking with this list to get a high comp. During the game i will look to complete well in the shooting phase to take out large monsters and small units. With combat i am looking for the PG and WL and even the Spears to hold up units and then hit them with my DPs and chariots or double charge with these 3 units. The noble on eagle will either hunt archers/ warmachines in combo with other eagle or march block while helping out in the shooting phase

So do you think this list will get high comp scores? and any thoughts on making the list more effective. I am also considering using a magic heavy HE list
Last edited by Lord Narhir on Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
theviking

Re: 2250pt List for Tournament - with no lord

#2 Post by theviking »

I'm scratching my head a bit over the chariot/AoL combo. I think the main reason for AoL is wraiths or wood elves, both of which will likely include woods or other terrain, which will spell certain doom for your chariot. I think it would be better in the Ellyrion toting DP's.
dabber
Tactician

#3 Post by dabber »

Certainly it should get a high comp score. But unless comp is worth a lot of points and has a big range (thus making lots of other lists similarly soft), it should have a lot of trouble earning battle points.

I'm running a little tournament this weekend and getting some advance list submissions in now. I give them a comp score from 0-10. I'd probably give yours a 9 comp. Many of the lists I've received so far are scoring 2-4, and I think you stand no chance against several them. For my event, making your list hard enough to score a 5-6 would let you stand a chance against them, but still start with some extra points.
Last edited by dabber on Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WarpPhoenix

#4 Post by WarpPhoenix »

Drop 2 archers from each archer unit, freeing up 44 points. Drop the longbow on the Chariot noble if you really want to keep him and buy another eagle.
Hey, does this cloth smell like chloroform?
Lord Narhir

#5 Post by Lord Narhir »

Thanks for all the good advice, i have actioned your suggestions and updated the list.

The tournament i planning on using the list at has no direct points for comp, but the difference in the comp of the armies affects the total battle points you get in the following way:

In a draw both players get 10pts apiece normally, but if 1 army had a high comp 9/10 and the other had an average comp 5/10

You adjust the points using the following formula (high comp - low comp)/2. Therefore in this example the high comp army gets 2 bonus pts and the lower comp army loses 2 pts due to the comp difference. So the final pts would be 12-8