My new (fun) 2000 point list

This forum is for 7th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Sturen

My new (fun) 2000 point list

#1 Post by Sturen »

I had written a list a long time ago (well it feels like it :D) but since I still didn't have the models for it and I couldn't be bothered with Teclis I made one designed for fun, not winning. The prince will be in the PG and when the time is right charge out and ToL an EotG/Hydra/Lord/ect. to death before saving the wound and disappearing. I'm not sure about the build though because right now he only has a 5+ save, and I can't improve it :(. Any ideas on that? The noble will also be in the PG and stay there, adding killing power. If you have comments on how the ToL/AoS/crown combo on the prince works then go to the discuss rules questions post, where I have put that question. I would rather this didn't become a rules battle :). The mage, the most contreversial part ;), will join the reavers and then burning head down the enemies flanks. I don't know how well it will work so if anyone has done something similar then it would be good if you could tell me how it went. I'm not sure about BoS with only one mage. Other than that its pretty standard stuff. Anyway, the list :D

Prince: Armour of Stars, Golden Crown of Atrazar, Talisman of Loec, Sword of Might, Shield

Mage: Seerstaff of Saphery, Dispel scroll, Level 2, Elven Steed

Noble: Armour of Caledor, BSB, Guardian Phoenix, Great Weapon

10 Archers

10 Archers

15 Phoenx Guard: Command, BoS

6 Ellyrian Reavers: Command, Spears and Bows

5 Dragon Princes: Musician

Lion Chariot

7 Swordmasters

2 RBTs

2 Eagles

Bear in mind this is for mostly fighting WoC and LM, mostly LM, making SMs almost nessessary.
My Log - guaranteed to make your day 127% more awesome!

Also find me on Instagram: @battlestones
geoguswrek

Re: My new (fun) 2000 point list

#2 Post by geoguswrek »

Why the sword of might on your lord? i'd go great weapon if you want to ToL things.why a champion in the reavers?
DAMN THE VENOM SWORD
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=44127
Sturen

#3 Post by Sturen »

Sword of Might was to get a shield. I really need a decen't save and with a GW I can only have 6+ The reaver champ is to challenge and protect the Mage if I get in combat

Muadib

#4 Post by Muadib »

What i dont understand is why you would want your prince to be warped away when he is in the middle of combat kicking enemy ass assisted by a strong 4+ wardsave, fear causing unit? Your phoenix guard have a bigger chance to lose at combat resolution while your prince could have made a difference at the combatresolution.
Also your prince could be warped to a place where he would be in charge range of an enemy unit. Give your prince vambrances of defence and a gw or magic weapon. To have fun with armour of the stars you could better try this plan on a noble instead and give him a great weapon (or is it too expensive for a noble to take, sorry i dont have my armybook at hand)
Sturen

#5 Post by Sturen »

The plan was to charge the prince by himself, maybe with unseen lurker. I could take it on a noble but I lose the ToL and crown combo.

And I now know that the ToL is at the end of the phase so I won't warp immediatly, I'll ToL the enemy, get hit back and ignore first wound and then warp away, not as fun :( Funny thing is if the steg gets the charge and impact hits my lord. I ignore the wound and go flying away :D The good thing is if I warp towards his battleline then I'm in the rear and can muck about before launching a combined charge with him. This idea was more fun before these things called "rules" got in the way :D

SpellArcher
Green Istari

#6 Post by SpellArcher »

I think Radiant Gem would really help this list.

It needs the extra defence and spell, at little cost.
Sturen

#7 Post by Sturen »

I had a radiant gem noble in the DPs but I couldn't fit everything else I wanted in aswell. I might try and fit one in and see how it goes, maybe even going without a lord, is that playable?

Fwum

#8 Post by Fwum »

Burning head is one of my favourite spells of all the lores, and it can be truly devastating. I use it on regular basis to great effect, but manly against skaven and the Empire. Against Lizardmen or other High-Ld armies I would probably leave it at home, as the reason you take it is the panic tests. It is also sneaky in that respect that you can cast it in close combat and snipe heroes and champions with it.