2250 Chariot List

This forum is for 7th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

kalrath

2250 Chariot List

#1 Post by kalrath »

Hi there. I've been lurking around for some time now, but never got around to posting, I just content myself by reading your words of wisdom!

I'm thinking of building a chariot based army and I've seen they're not that a popular choice. Any Chariot General outhere that can shed some wisdom on their experiances? All C&C wellcome!

Here's my take on it:

Archmage Lv 4 - 350
Seerstaff of Saphery
Power Stone x3

Dragon Mage Lv 2 - 435
Golden Crown of Atrazar
Silver Wand

Mage Lv 1 - 225
Dispel Scroll x2
Chariot

2 10xArchers - 110
2 Lion Chariot - 280
4 Tiranoc Chariot - 340
4 Repeater Bolt Thrower - 400

CD: 9
DD: 6
~Milliardo~

Re: 2250 Chariot List

#2 Post by ~Milliardo~ »

I usually use mine defensively as mobile reserves or a counter-attacking force myself. I've never been able to use them as you're going to have to with your list - that is, as an attacking force.

I find that cavalry do the job of attacking better and are a lot more versatile than chariots... I've just got a personal bias against taking many of them, but in a infantry list, chariots work very well for me and are a justifiable choice when used as part of a complete plan, rather than working on their own - they keep pace with the infantry because they move roughly at the same rate, and because they have a much smaller frontage, they're better support. Because most people play offensively, shy away from using infantry because of its perceived weakness, and the chariot is more of a support weapon, I think that's the primary reason you don't see loads of them.
geoguswrek

#3 Post by geoguswrek »

Give the level 1 an extra level and the seerstaff (so he can take beasts and wolf hunts himself), swap the level 4's seerstaff for silver wand + powerstone (hey, why not) and put him in a chariot (lose 1 lc and put your level 4 in a tiranoc in exchange, ou lose a tiny bit of hitting power but your level 4 becomes useful against dwarves and gains a 2+ ward save, good for 4 wounds) give the dragon the ring of fury.
DAMN THE VENOM SWORD
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=44127
kalrath

#4 Post by kalrath »

First of all, thanks for the comments! Yes, this list is unconventional, tha't one of the reasons for making it. The question is, will it be fun and playable, or will I get my brains bashed in at every corner?

On to the list:

Won't putting the Lv4 on a chariot make him a bit vulnerable? I know he'll be shielded but he will also be in the fray!

I was going for a reasonable magic phase, but, would it be more effective if I went with a single Archmage and the rest of the Hero slots with Nobles on Chariots? My Archmage would be my scrollcaddy, magic defense and some light magical support. I'd loose the mobility of the dragon though.
kalrath

#5 Post by kalrath »

Something along these lines:

Archmage Lv 4 - 350
Silver Wand; 4 Dispel Scrolls

Noble On Barded Steed - 158
Lance; Dragon Armour; Shield; Radiant Gem of Hoeth w/ Lore of Heavens ( #1 Spell for Rubber Lance Syndrome)

Noble on Chariot - 222
Reaver Bow; Lance; Dragon Armour; Shield

Noble on Chariot - 228
Star Lance; Longbow; Dragon Armour; Shield

2 10xArchers - 220

2 Lion Chariots - 280
3 Tiranoc Chariots - 255
5 Dragon Princes - 230
Banner of Ellyrion; Skeinsliver

3 Repeater Bolt Thrower @ 300 Pts

CD: 7
DD: 5
geoguswrek

#6 Post by geoguswrek »

The archmage could do with the silver wand, one of the nobles might like the talisman of loec, and there isn't much reason not to make one a battle standard bearer.
DAMN THE VENOM SWORD
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=44127