2250 Friendly Chrace list

This forum is for 7th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Red_Lep

2250 Friendly Chrace list

#1 Post by Red_Lep »

Haven't been involved with Fantasy in a while due to school and medical problems so I need some help with the list.

EDIT: Old List.
Last edited by Red_Lep on Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Muadib

Re: 2250 Friendly Chrace list

#2 Post by Muadib »

Bad idea to have 2 magic banners in 1 unit. Also the white lions are stubborn so they don't really need a BSB or a banner of balance imo. I would add an extra lvl 2 mage for the points you have left. You could swap the archers for spearmen of LSG depends on the points you have left. I think the seaguard are the best defenders but spearmen or archers also can do the job.
Red_Lep

#3 Post by Red_Lep »

Changed some stuff around and came up with this:

EDIT: Old List.
Last edited by Red_Lep on Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#4 Post by SpellArcher »

Both lists are Ok but I think the Lions need a Fear-fighting banner to prevent autobreaking.
Red_Lep

#5 Post by Red_Lep »

I don't have my book on me so I'm not sure on the points, but should I drop the Amulet of Light to add the Gem of Courage to my White Lions? I'd lose magic attacks on the Prince/Griffon but would make the WLs more solid, is that a good trade?
Sturen

#6 Post by Sturen »

Red_Lep wrote:Changed some stuff around and came up with this:

Characters- 887

Prince- 397
~Armor of Caledor
~Amulet of Light
~Great Weapon
~Griffon
**Since its a Chracian list it fits to have the Griffon over a dragon, any advice on equipment?(Great Weapon will be a Great Axe for theme reasons) The idea was to flank charge.

Vambraces of Defense are always good, or sacred incense cos' thats going to be shot at.

Mage- 170
~Dispel Scroll
~Seerstaff
~Level 2

Mage- 180
~Ring of Fury
~Silver Wand
~Level 2

**I'm kinda worried about the one dispel scroll, should I swap the RoF for two?

I think that it's okay, I've used that magic level before against Slann and EotG and survived, mostly :D

Korhil- 140
.........................................................................................................................
Core- 321

Spearmen(19)- 211
~Standard Bearer
~Lion Standard
~Musician

Archers(10)- 110
.........................................................................................................................
Special- 780

White Lions(14)- 290
~Full Command
~Banner of Sorcery

2x White Lion Chariots- 140

2x Silver Helms(5)- 105

If you have the points change these to 5 DPs, or even 2x5 DPs. You could convert lion riders :)
Rare- 250

2x Repeater Bolt Throwers- 100

Great Eagle- 50

And if possible get another rare in there.
Total- 2248
You can drop AoL for GoC and save 5 points as well! I think it is a good trade off but it depends how much you need those magic attacks. If your meta has lots of VC (its them that have wraiths, yeah?) then its probably worth keeping but you have a fair bit of magic so I dunno :)
My Log - guaranteed to make your day 127% more awesome!

Also find me on Instagram: @battlestones
Red_Lep

#7 Post by Red_Lep »

So how's this?

Edit: Old List
Last edited by Red_Lep on Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#8 Post by SpellArcher »

I'd swap Korhil for a BSB with the Banner of Sorcery. Gem of Courage is helpful on the Lions but it doesn't address the main problem, which is autobreaking. If you can find the points I'd put a Ward save on the Lord and more stuff on the Mage.

Edit: Just remembered the Chrace theme #-o

Korhil can be strong but he can't be your general here and he doesn't give the crucial re-rolls.
PGP

#9 Post by PGP »

Take gw+AoC+GP+reav.B+ToL for your prince. a Great general even without griffon, which is usually how it is played after some shooting. I'd leave my peasant nobles (SH) to home and ask help from caledor in the form of 5xDP+sorcery banner. Lions can take now their de facto balance banner (even beastmen are now subject to hatred). I'd also switch the spears, lion chariot and korhil to second archer unit, eagle and lvl 2 GoC mage to place to lions. Champ can take the challenge and now the GoC is still usable So it comes to something like:

Griffon prince mentioned
Lvl2+seer+scroll
Lvl2+wand+fury
Lvl2+scroll+GoC+jewel
2-3x10 archers (+mus)
5xdp with sorcery banner
13-18 lions with FC balance banner and maybe skeinsilver
1-2 lion chariots
0-1 5xsw
2xrbt
2xeagle

See a nice friendly list...
Red_Lep

#10 Post by Red_Lep »

I tried using alot of y'alls suggestions, but it kept losing the Chracian feel. I came up with this and think I'm fairly happy with it.(I know its not as effective as what your suggestions where, but I think it'll do for now atleast)

Characters- 957

Prince- 457
~Armor of Caledor
~Sacred Incense
~Reaver Bow
~Great Axe
~Griffon

Mage- 185
~Dispel Scroll
~Seerstaff
~Level 2

Mage- 175
~Ring of Fury
~Level 2

Korhil- 140
Core- 321

Spearmen(19)- 211
~Standard Bearer
~Lion Standard
~Musician

Archers(10)- 110
Special- 670

White Lions(14)- 285
~Full Command
~Standard of Balance

Silver Helms(5)- 105
Rare- 300

2x Great Eagle- 50
Total- 2248

My only question is should I drop the RoF for the Silver wand(I have so few PD that I'm not sure its a good trade) and give the WLs some kind of magic item?
PGP

#11 Post by PGP »

Sacred incense do not save your griffon from shooting. Your magic setup would be better, if you consentrated on defence. 2xlvl1 with 2xscroll and annulian crystal (+GoC). This leaves some points to increase spears or lions. Now your magic defense or offense is not enough. With the defencive mage change and the griffon prince I mentioned the list is almost fit to take even some hardcore lists. Actually you get a magic offence also with this defencive setup, two drain magic or shield of saphery spells.
Red_Lep

#12 Post by Red_Lep »

So maybe something like:

Characters- 882

Prince- 462
~Guardian Phoenix
~Armor of Caledor
~Talisman of Loec
~Reaver Bow
~Great Axe
~Griffon

Mage- 140
~2x Dispel Scroll

Mage- 140
~Annulian Crystal

Korhil- 140
Core- 393

Spearmen(27)- 283
~Standard Bearer
~Lion Standard
~Musician

Archers(10)- 110
Special- 670

White Lions(14)- 285
~Full Command
~Standard of Balance

Silver Helms(5)- 105
Rare- 300

2x Great Eagle- 50
Total- 2245