Rally the banners! Yvresse stands resolute!

Here you can discuss High Elf culture in all its aspects, be it their society, language, arts or philosophies. The results of your discussions will eventually be used to enlarge the amount of general information about the High elves on this site.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

Re: Rally the banners! Yvresse stands resolute!

#61 Post by Prince of Spires »

Aicanor wrote:
Elessehta of Yvresse wrote:Rod hails from a colony, he's only heard stories of Grom's Invasion, don't be too hard on him.
In the colonies they eat Goblins for breakfast. Quite gruesome if you ask me.
Elessehta of Yvresse wrote:I like some greens in my lunch but that's taking it too far!
It's not just goblins either. We even eat lettuce every now and then. And Gnoblars (though they are more grey then green) ;)

BBQ FTW!

@Aicanor: thanks for the support :)

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
Headshot
Ultimate End Times Chronicler

#62 Post by Headshot »

Bah! What do filthy colonials know of taking one on the chin for Ulthuan??

And Yvresse may not be a posturing inner kingdom, but she is still of the soft south!

When you are ready to 'Elf-up', come to the North.....

Bring cookies.

Palin'Tanith
[quote="Seredain"]Headshot, you are wise like Yoda[/quote]
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#63 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

The War of the Beard, sure it was only 400 years of war but the colonies of Elthin Arvan suffered greatly, and it wasn't Druchii that we the problem it was dirty dwarfs. They were forced to give up their homes and return to Ulthuan. The colonies copped it sweet.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#64 Post by Prince of Spires »

Palin'Tanith wrote:Bah! What do filthy colonials know of taking one on the chin for Ulthuan??

Bring cookies.

Palin'Tanith
See below.
Headshot wrote: Ahem, look you colonial.
And if you do all this with care and alacrity, Ulthuan will be gracious enough that during the next great war with the Druchii, you'll be given the fabulous honor of providing the initial vanguard of cavalry to charge the druchii repeaters. Nice. Oh, and afterwards we may ask for you to send lots of money and material to rebuild Ulthuan to its former glory.

Don't expect recompense.
So the Nagarathi leave it to the colonies to deal with those Druchii, while they hide somewhere in the back...

But I don't mind a challenge. I can send you a regiment of elves to Elf-up. I'll even give them some cookies for the road ;)

It could be educational (the question is for who of course).

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
Aicanor
Rainbows

#65 Post by Aicanor »

rdghuizing wrote:Aicanor: thanks for the support :)
You are welcome! :wink:

I was somewhat distracted lately as I made a little trip to the north. And I do not mean Nagarythe (I finally got to read Chronicles of Malus Darkblade and enjoyed it thoroughly. Somebody please write so much background details into HE story!) But so far I am quite happy to be a perfumed, silk wearing, lettuce eating, soft southerner. It is an insult to the Druchii proclaimed martial prowess that we still can be seen as such after all the millenia. And we have cookies! :wink:
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#66 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

So, I was going through the Culture section, as I used to. It's been a while, but I saw this thread and was somewhat dismayed that the last comments were not from any of the Yvressi, and even worse, just some pointless fight. It's a new age, and Yvresse may now be well below the waves, it'll live on in our hearts. I still have the piece of waystone around my neck, I will always be able to feel home.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]