Ulthuan

Ulthuan, Home of the Asur
It is currently Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:53 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Total Warhammer
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:48 am 
Very Helpful Elf

Not sure if any of you are playing it (I don't own it). But I just randomly discovered that they've included the bowmen of Oreon. The people making that must be true fans of the old lore.

Post subject: Re: Total Warhammer
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:07 am 

That's quite likely, considering we already got to have Fimir in Morlat Empires/ WH:TW 1. Either that, or they just got their hands on very old lore books just to make us, dinosaurs, happy.
Without a doubt lots of thinking power went into creating the game and I have to say, it's satisfying to see those old little things. Makes the game feel more complete and compelling to play.

I only wish they'd optimize it better so changing turn wouldn't take 1-4 minutes and patch out that alt+tab crash bug. :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:57 pm 

From what I've played of both games, I think it's really clear there's a lot of people who are real fans in the development team. All the unit icons are old artwork from the regiment boxes. There's loads of neat little details they've added. The fact that the Vampire Coast army is in it is excellent.

I've got to say I love the games, it's really enjoyable.

Also as an added benefit, I must say it's interesting to hear how people pronounce some things from Ulthuan! Clearly in my head certain things have been very wrong as I've never spoken them out loud.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:10 pm 
Pendragon

Olthannon wrote:
From what I've played of both games, I think it's really clear there's a lot of people who are real fans in the development team. All the unit icons are old artwork from the regiment boxes. There's loads of neat little details they've added. The fact that the Vampire Coast army is in it is excellent.

I've got to say I love the games, it's really enjoyable.

Also as an added benefit, I must say it's interesting to hear how people pronounce some things from Ulthuan! Clearly in my head certain things have been very wrong as I've never spoken them out loud.

Agreed, the design team has some real good people, even pronouncing things just the way I thought they would be. I'm afraid the AI, diplomacy, and optimization are issues that will never be fixed however. Still, extremely enjoyable!

Luna, try not to beat them too hard. They are proud about their pseudo-glorious past and their present nothingness, you know.
-Elmoth, about Caledorians

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:21 pm 

I have literally sank hundreds of hours into both games and in many ways I view it as the evolution of the very first campaigns we did here on this website ages ago.

The fact there's three games and they need DLC means we are seeing factions and units that would never be viable in s plastic -mini economy.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:47 am 
Auctor Aeternitatum

Luna Guardian wrote:
I'm afraid the AI, diplomacy, and optimization are issues that will never be fixed however.

I think this is pretty much true of all Total War games. All of them have these kinds of issues. Though in some its worse then others. Doesn't bother me too much, since I have a fairly casual approach to the TW games. I can imagine though that it bothers more fanatical players.

It's always great to see a lot of love put into a game. I can imagine that a lot of game developers like playing games a lot and some of them have some experience with table top wargames. Which means they have probably at some point run into GW.

Though it's equally likely that in their quest to differentiate armies and factions as much as possible, they've grabbed hold of whatever obscure reference they could find. A bit similar to GW approach to the LoTR universe.

Rod

For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91