Awesome Monstrous Cavalry for Elfs

Place to discuss anything related to tabletop wargaming that isn't covered by the other forums.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Anvilarm

Awesome Monstrous Cavalry for Elfs

#1 Post by Anvilarm »

Hi All,

Those new Age of Sigmar Dracothian rider thingies would make awesome monstrous cavalry for High Elfs.

Mount them on a MC base, get rid of the yucky AOS riders and do a little hobby work to make Dragon Princes fit on the back and presto.

A few house rules - basically just Demigryphs with always strike first and high initiative - and you have something awesome.

Anvilarm
SpellArcher
Green Istari

Re: Awesome Monstrous Cavalry for Elfs

#2 Post by SpellArcher »

Thanks for this Anvilarm.

Moved to General Fantasy because I feel it might apply to 9th Age and Kings of War too.

SA
Cinncinatti

#3 Post by Cinncinatti »

Intriguing! But what legs would you use for that mount? It looks sizable, so I don't think Silver Helm or Mounted noble legs would work without having to build another saddle underneath.

Maybe the Prince or mage legs from the dragon kit? Could be wide enough.
Anvilarm

#4 Post by Anvilarm »

Hi Cinncinatti,

Hmm that is a good question about rider's legs. I can't tell by the pictures I've seen and I haven't seen one in person.

(Of course, I don't see any AOS locally, but that's another story.)

At $80 a pair it would be an expensive experiment.

What I was thinking was taking a Dragon Prince's legs and splitting them in half so they spread wider and add a little modeling putty in the middle to fill in the gap.

It would mostly be covered up by the saddle. Hopefully.

Anvilarm