9th Age GT Sells Out (Edit: Again)

Place to discuss anything related to tabletop wargaming that isn't covered by the other forums.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

SpellArcher
Green Istari

9th Age GT Sells Out (Edit: Again)

#1 Post by SpellArcher »

http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/viewtopic ... 74&start=0

So the UK is seeing it's first mass support for 9th Age. Earlier announcements were met quietly. I think the difference here is firstly that Cardiff is known for a good night and and the venue seems to be a favourite. Secondly the TO has posted links to the core rules, lores and army books. I think a lot of 8th edition players have looked at these and thought "that isn't as different as I suspected" and signed up. Of course the acid test will be the rigours of a big event but it's an interesting development.
Galdor

Re: 9th Age GT Sells Out

#2 Post by Galdor »

It's good to see that people are supporting this. I'm not sure if it's for me, yet at least, because I'm still enjoying 8th edition! (I started playing it with a group of friends in 2013, so was quite late to the party!). I'm going to only my second 8th edition tournament in the UK (in Essex) in two weeks' time. Personally, I hope they do continue to hold some 8th edition tournaments in years to come.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

Re: 9th Age GT Sells Out

#3 Post by SpellArcher »

Given the choice Galdor, I would stick with 8th too because 'it just works', for me. But it all depends what tournaments choose to run. I've read about 1/3 of the 9th Age rules and I'll certainly play it if 8th events are unforthcoming. I like that it re-jigs my Wood Elf build for example.

Edit: They've expanded capacity so a few more spaces available, likely to go quickly I imagine.
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

Re: 9th Age GT Sells Out (Edit: More spaces Nov 9th)

#4 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

That's great news, our first 9th Age event in Australia was in early beta, and only had a dozen hardcore locals attend. My next event is a 9th Age doubles event with I think ten teams signed up atm, only a couple of weeks to go and I have to learn a newish game and make an army list with a new book basically!
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
SpellArcher
Green Istari

Re: 9th Age GT Sells Out (Edit: Again)

#5 Post by SpellArcher »

Yeah, it's picking up after a slow start. A lot of learning to do!

They've now sold out for a second time but are taking reserves.
Cold Phoenix

#6 Post by Cold Phoenix »

Interestingly, Cancon, which is traditionally the biggest WHFB event in Australia is going to be 9th age this year. They tried to do 8th, but had much less interest than normal. At the moment it looks like being a 2 day 6 game event with 20-odd players signed up already, even though we're 9 weeks out.
pk-ng

#7 Post by pk-ng »

Cold Phoenix wrote:Interestingly, Cancon, which is traditionally the biggest WHFB event in Australia is going to be 9th age this year. They tried to do 8th, but had much less interest than normal. At the moment it looks like being a 2 day 6 game event with 20-odd players signed up already, even though we're 9 weeks out.
Ivan has a vested interested it in and I know he's pushing really hard for it.
ETC WHFB Team Singapore
2014 - Chaos Dwarfs & Most Favoured Enemy
2015 - High Elves & Top HE

T9A
Highborn Elves - Army Book Committee
Balancing Board
Highborn Elves - ex-Army Support
Cold Phoenix

#8 Post by Cold Phoenix »

pk-ng wrote:
Cold Phoenix wrote:Interestingly, Cancon, which is traditionally the biggest WHFB event in Australia is going to be 9th age this year. They tried to do 8th, but had much less interest than normal. At the moment it looks like being a 2 day 6 game event with 20-odd players signed up already, even though we're 9 weeks out.
Ivan has a vested interested it in and I know he's pushing really hard for it.
I think he just wants a 9th age scene big enough to supply an ETC team for next year. Not that I care about his motives really. I'd just like to give 9th age a try and if he's prepared to organize it...
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#9 Post by SpellArcher »

It's like the Cardiff GT, until Mo Ashraf put this on UK support for 9th Age was slow.
fiftyz

#10 Post by fiftyz »

I hope they do continue to hold some 8th edition tournaments in years to come.
royal1688 download
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#11 Post by SpellArcher »

It's all up in the air IMHO.

Either one or two systems will take over or there'll be a lot of choice for years to come.