Amazing Campaign and Website

Place to discuss anything related to tabletop wargaming that isn't covered by the other forums.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Swordmaster of Hoeth
Southern Sentinel

Amazing Campaign and Website

#1 Post by Swordmaster of Hoeth »

Hi guys,

I am not sure if it is the right sub forum but I have seen it on wargamerau and decided it is really worth sharing. Here is the link to the website dedicated to a narrative campaign:

Into Daemon's Nest

It is an amazing work they have done in last months with scenarios, games, fantastic pictures etc. It shows that Warhammer is not only about tournaments (nothing wrong with them of course!) but that there are gamers out there who value different approach to the hobby. I think we definitely need more of these and I find it very inspirational. What is more, there is HE army involved in one of the scenarios too!

Enjoy!

Twitter @SwordOfHoeth

High Elves MSU - Observations
Rabidnid wrote:Are you seriously asking someone called Swordmaster of Hoeth why he has more swordmasters than white lions? Really?
Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

Re: Amazing Campaign and Website

#2 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

It's the only way we play anymore (though we've mostly played Mordheim almost exclusively for over a year now). It's always been my favorite way to play. What's impressive here is that not only did they do the massive amount of work required to set up a decent campaign (and from what I can see stuck to it and got the games in) but they then did the extra considerable amount of work required to share it. Despite my best intentions I always fail at that last part.

I'd strongly encourage anyone and everyone to try it. If nothing else it allows you to enjoy the game away from constant discussions about comp.
Swordmaster of Hoeth
Southern Sentinel

#3 Post by Swordmaster of Hoeth »

That's a very good point about that constant bickering about comp and player's packs :) One of the conclusions I drew after following some of the discussions on ETC draft for example, that it is really, really hard job to find the balance in the game of Warhammer. However, the search for that holy grail of tournament players is not the only activity worth taking.

There is nothing wrong in going to tournaments, quite the contrary but I am ashamed to notice I myself was completely focused on that aspect of the game. While there is a whole world of possibilities out there that are not really explored. These guys showed it very nicely. You can spend quality time making cool terrain for the campaign. Design scenarios and write stories. Take time to take cool pictures and add special effects. It is way more time consuming than going for a 2 day event of course. Requires more dedication not only from one person but from the group, so that the campaign is at least finished. And I believe it is far less important what was to score, it is just another idea for the story.

Twitter @SwordOfHoeth

High Elves MSU - Observations
Rabidnid wrote:Are you seriously asking someone called Swordmaster of Hoeth why he has more swordmasters than white lions? Really?
RE.Lee

#4 Post by RE.Lee »

Nice stuff! Beatifully painted armies and great use of photoshop make it look really professional. I'll be reading it in more detail in the future :)
cheers, Lee

Elven Field Surgeon, Department of Intensive Care, Resuscitation and Necromancy