Looking for warhammer fantasy clubs in San Francisco!

Place to discuss anything related to tabletop wargaming that isn't covered by the other forums.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Danguasca

Looking for warhammer fantasy clubs in San Francisco!

#1 Post by Danguasca »

Hello everyone !
I'm returning player of warhammer! I've been playing the game since I was 16
Had an amazing club back in Colombia and now that I'm living in San Francisco I'm looking
For club houses or any groups that embrace the hobby!

Have two armies empire and wood elves n I really don't mind sharing armies.
Love this game n I hope to play soon!

Ps: got both 8thed army books and rule book.
Malossar
Something Cool

Re: Looking for warhammer fantasy clubs in San Francisco!

#2 Post by Malossar »

Look up Leadership 2 in your google machine. They play weekly in Oakland and frequent SF for tournaments and such.

In sacramento there's bi-monthly tournaments.
Ptolemy wrote:Im not above whoring myself for a good cause. ;)
Danguasca

#3 Post by Danguasca »

Thank you! I'll check it out for sure.
Ladril Caledor

#4 Post by Ladril Caledor »

I'm moving to Marin County next year, and also looking for clubs. Let me know if you find a good one in the city.
LionHeart

#5 Post by LionHeart »

In Marin there is Gamescape in San Rafael but mostly 40k there. As mentioned Leadership 2 is a large club, hosts the Quake city rumble each year (this is the 10th) and you can always find a game there Thursday nights at Endgame in Oakland. Not much in the City itself, there is a Gamescape there too, but not very active in the WHFB scene
Ladril Caledor

#6 Post by Ladril Caledor »

San Rafael is just down the road from me, that's perfect. I'll try and find some fantasy players there
Hinge

#7 Post by Hinge »

Indeed, leadership 2 out of Oakland is the largest club in theBay Area. We meet Thursday night at Endgame in Oakland. Guys start showing up about 6. We generally play tournament practice games. Right now it is either Lonewolf/WCGT games -Swedish comp at 2,500 or ETC comp pack. However, if you show up with 2,500 points you can usually get a game. We also play an occasional weekend. We have a site and an FB page. Posting on the FB page will get you a response.

South Bay- Irrestable Force meets at Game Castle Snata Clara. I believe the play Wed. nights.

Fremont-Gamekastle hosts East Bay Warhammer. Not sure of their game days.

You can always PM me for more info on the clubs.

Michael
[size=150][url=http://hingehammer.blogspot.com]Hinge Hammer Blog[/url][/size]

[url=http://www.rqgpodcast.com/]Rage Quit Gaming[/url]
Ladril Caledor

#8 Post by Ladril Caledor »

Yeah I'll definitely check out Leadership 2, Oakland is near enough.

Quick question (and I understand this might be better to post on the groups facebook page, but I'm asking just in case you or someone else here knows) I have a few non GW models, specifically my eagles and dragon are unique customisations based on toys, a little smaller than GW but have the correct base size, everything else is GW but a lot of my GW models are twenty years old and some contain lead (fully painted with an extra protective coat, totally safe). Also some other minor conversions.

Will these be useable for your club and tournaments? I ask because I once brought them to a Games Workshop store to play and they wouldn't let me use either the custom or lead models. They wanted me to buy new, generic ones. I really don't want to replace all my old models as the army looks unique and cool and after two decades I'm really attached to it...
Hinge

#9 Post by Hinge »

Non-GW models are fine at all the Bay Area tournaments. Pretty sure all the California tournaments other then those held in GW stores. As long a they are ont eh proper bases it is fine.

Non-painted and even some proxy is fine during Thursday night gaming. Often times people are trying to figure out what to build anyways.
[size=150][url=http://hingehammer.blogspot.com]Hinge Hammer Blog[/url][/size]

[url=http://www.rqgpodcast.com/]Rage Quit Gaming[/url]
john47109

#10 Post by john47109 »

I am planning to join the fantasy club in San Francisco, I don't know if they will still accept new player.