"Is this real life or fantasy?" - post your stats!

Place to discuss anything related to tabletop wargaming that isn't covered by the other forums.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

RE.Lee

"Is this real life or fantasy?" - post your stats!

#1 Post by RE.Lee »

We haven't had one of these in a while - posting a special character entry for yourself is always fun and lets us know each other better. Would you survive in the grimdark warhammer world? Would you sit in the front rank or support the mindless minions from a safe spot in the back? Here's my take:

RE.Lee

M4 WS3 BS3 S3 T4 W2 I3 A2 Ld8 (Infantry – Special Character)

Equipment: array of scalpels (additional hand weapon) and needles (throwing weapons), light armour

Special rules:

Very particular set of skills: All attacks made with scalpels and needles have the Poisoned Attacks and Killing Blow special rules.

Awesome healing ability: In the beginning of each of your turns roll a D6. On a 4+ RE.Lee or a friendly model within 6" regains 1 wound.

What would you think the appropriate point value should be?
cheers, Lee

Elven Field Surgeon, Department of Intensive Care, Resuscitation and Necromancy
Loriel

Re: "Is this real life or fantasy?" - post your stats!

#2 Post by Loriel »

Excellent idea:

Loriel
M4 WS2 BS2 S2 T3 I3 W2 A1 LD 9 (Infantry - Special Character)

Equiptments: Goat blood enchanted dices: Loriel can roll a natural 1 or natural 6 any time he really really wants. (ask any of my opponent to know this is true ;) )

Special rules:

Stubborn
Nerd Rage: Once a battle Loriel can summon the inner rage, increasing his offensive WS to 10 and str to 5. Designer note This is particular helpful if one needs to flip a table
High Elves since Aug 2010: Tot /W / L / D - 100 / 75 / 23 / 2
Tomb Kings since Sep 2013:Tot / W / L / D - 31 / 18 / 12 / 1

Chronicles of Loriel's Glory and Shame
Duranthalis

#3 Post by Duranthalis »

Hrmmm ... being a nurse in a psychiatric hospital gave me some clever ideas...

M5 WS5 BS- S3 T4 W2 I4 A1 Ld9

Equipment: Medication Cart (see below)
Special Rules: Immune to Psychology, Stubborn, Code Gray (see below)

Medication Cart: Once per turn, an attached unit may benefit from one of the following effects
  • Analgesics - Unit may ignore the first unsaved wound
  • Amphetamines - Unit gains always strikes first for the turn
  • Benzodiazapines - Enemy unit locked in close gains Always Strikes Last special rule
Code Gray: During a challenge, may include up to 5 friendly models within 6" to fight in the challenge
PLOG here!
High Elf, done/in progress/unassembled: 12/150/1
Wood Elf, done/in progress/unassembled: 18/2/43
Space Orks, done/in progress/unassembled: Oi.
WH40K Imperials (BT/SoB/SW), done/in progress/unassembled: Oi.

Prepare for a surprise attack!
RE.Lee

#4 Post by RE.Lee »

Code Grey made me laugh :lol:
cheers, Lee

Francis

#5 Post by Francis »

M4 WS4 BS2 S3 T3 W2 I3 A2 LD8, infantry, special character

Equipment: Rapier and dagger (armour piercing, paired weapons, grants a 5+ parry save (I am a fencer and have been told that my defence is rather good).

Special rules:
- Stubborn
- Stupidity (sometimes my mind wanders)
- Avalanche of words: characters wishing to attack Francis must take a leadership test, if they fail they may not attack as Francis confuses them with an unending wave of arguments, insults and absurdities (I am a political scientist and historian, and have been told that I can talk people to death from time to time).

I guess 60 points would be about right.
Dragon fire

#6 Post by Dragon fire »

Having thought for a minutte I think these stats will be a lot like me.

M5 WS5 BS5 S4 T3 W2 I6 A3 Ld9
Equipment: Heavy armor, shield, hidden dagger (see below), brace of pistols
Special rules: afraid of weapons, repairman (see below)

Hidden dagger:
- If Riismanden is attacking an enemy unit in the rear the hidden dagger add +2 strength and + 1 attack.
- If Riismanden is attacking an enemy unit in the flank the hidden dagger add +1 strength.
- Otherwise treat the hidden dagger as a normal hand weapon and attacks will not be magical. In all cases the hidden dagger will allow for a normal parry save.

Afraid of weapons: Riismanden is notoriously afraid of weapons everytime the weapons has be used. Riismanden needs to roll a d6 before attempting any close combat or shooting attacks. On a roll 1 all attacks will be lost and Riismanden will have a WS1 and BS 1 for the remainder of the turn.

Repairman: Riismanden is allowed to heal one wound of any war machine within 6" during the shooting phase. If Riismanden heals any war machine he will not be able to perform any shooting attacks in this phase.
Gandalf_82

#7 Post by Gandalf_82 »

haha love this thread! Alas i'm a lover not a fighter and my stats reflect this:

Gandalf_82

M4 WS2 BS4 S2 T3 W2 I4 A1 Ld10

(I do think i'd make a better leader than fighter, hence the decent LD!)

Equipment: 2 hand axes (the only weapon I'm familiar with, I'm pretty useful at chopping up fire wood!)
Light armour

Special Rules: Annoying Bugger, Live to Fight Another Day, He's Our Bugger! (see below)

Annoying Bugger - Gandalf_82 has a knack of saying the wrong thing at the wrong time and really winding people up. Any enemy models in base combat with him gain +1 attack and + 1 strength to represent the fact they really want to wipe that smug grin off his face.

Live to Fight Another Day - Gandalf_82 has a great sense of self preservation and an uncanny knack of "dodging bullets". When he loses his last wound roll a D6, on a roll of a 5 or 6 he miraculously save his skin. Remove the model immediately and at the beginning of your next turn place him in the front rank of the next nearest friendly unit within 12". (If there are no units place him anywhere within 12" on his own) He moves and fights that turn as normal.

He's Our Bugger - Whilst he isn't a leader who will inspire troops with his combat presence, Gandalf_82 is skilled at looking after his men. Equipment is of the highest standard, food (and drink!) is never in short supply and he fosters a real sense of camaraderie amongst his soldiers. If he is slain the entire army gains hate against the unit or character that killed him. In addition if he was killed in combat every friendly model in the same combat immediately makes 1 attack at +1 strength in a rage at the loss of the little man.
Col_Beefeater

#8 Post by Col_Beefeater »

I like this. I'll chime in.

The Colonel

M5 WS5 BS2 S4 T4 W4 I5 A3 Ld9 (Special Character - Chariot) - 400pts

Equipment: Full Plate Armor (4+ AS), Big Ass Fur Coat (+2 AS), Great Weapon (+2 S)

Special Rules:

-Hold the Line

-Broken-Down FolkesWagon: The Colonel takes up 4x6 20mm bases and deals D6+2 impact hits on the charge, and can join infantry units as if he were an infantry character, benefiting from rank bonuses and Look Out Sir as normal. Broken-Down FolkesWagon increases The Colonel's armor save by a value of 1. If the FolkesWagon is destroyed place a Large Blast Template over the center of the model, all models in contact of the FolkesWagon suffer an automatic S8 Hit.

-Stash of Booze: If The Colonel joins a unit he confers the Frenzy, Hatred, and Stupidity special rules. If the Colonel is a solo-model he gains the Unbreakable, Swift Stride, and Stupidity special rules; additionally all saving throws with a value of 1 are re-rolled and his leadership is increased to a value of 10.

-Merchant: At the start of the game The Colonel may spend D6x10 Points on Magic Items. If he joins a unit they gain the 'Armor Piercing' Special Rule and if he is a solo-model any enemy in base contact must re-roll successful leadership tests.
Makiwara
Chronicler

#9 Post by Makiwara »

Hmmm, I like this thread, let me see.

Makiwara
M4 WS6 BS6 S4 T4 W2 I8 A3 Ld9

Equipment: Talismanic Tattoos (6+ Ward), extra hand weapon, Ruger Extra Extra Longrifle, Marlin mini hellblaster rifle.

Ruger Extra Extra Longrifle

Range 50" St 5 Special Rules: Heroic Killing Blow, Telescopic Sight - failed to hit roles made with the Ruger Extra Extra Longrifle may be rerolled, Armour Piercing -2

Marlin mini hellblaster rifle

Range 18" St 6 Special Rules: Multiple Shots 2d3-1, Ignores Armour Saves

Special Rules: Sniper (I'm a long time hunter) (Ruger Extra Extra Longrifle only), Scout (Hunting again), Murderous Prowess (Years of Muay Thai), ASF (More years of karate and point tournaments), Strider (A misspent youth in the bush)

A Hunter not a Leader: Makiwara may not be the army's general, furthermore he may not join a unit that does not have the special rules Scout and Skirmish. Any unit that includes Makiwara may not use the army general's inspiring presence or benefit from rerolls from the BSB.

The Dutchy (you win the internets for the day if you get the reference): If Makiwara successfully wounds an enemy opponent in hand to hand combat with one or more of his attacks, he gains another attack at +1 strength as he slams a shin kick into his opponents thigh. If this attack successfully wounds a infantry model than the wounded model halves their movement value until the end of the next turn

Jumping Kick/Knee: On the turn that Makiwara charges he replaces his normal hand to hand attacks with a single attack at strength +2.

Prone Shooting: If Makiwara does not move in the movement phase then he may reroll failed To Wound rolls with his shooting attacks that round. In addition, armour saves may not be taken against missile attacks made by Makiwara as he targets eyes, throats and unarmoured spots. However, he and any unit he is joined by may not choose to flee as a charge reaction in the following turn.

Not Your Soldier: Makiwara may not declare a charge against the front of an opponent unit if the possibility exists to charge the flank or rear of another enemy unit. He's not stupid and charging a prepared position is probably going to get him killed very quickly.

Don't know what that would come to in points, but I think that just about does 15 odd years of hunting (don't ask me how I'm taking my modern hunting rifles to warhammer world, I dunno, a fairy did it! I'm not fighting without them! [-X ) and 23 years of martial arts justice. If 9th ed goes in a small skirmish level, I'd love to actually tabletop everyone's characters for shits and giggles one time.
Only in the Dreaming Woods are Mortals truly free, t'was always thus and always thus will be.
Headshot wrote:
Makiwara wrote:Smiths in Nagarythe that can repair the holiest piece of armour worn by the Shadow Prince himself... 0 apparently.
Duct tape counts!!
Francis

#10 Post by Francis »

Lots of high characteristics here, remember that this is how you actually think you would be in the warhammer world as a human, and that a trained empire soldier has ws3 s3 t3 and so on. Ludwig Schwarzhelm, one of the best blades in the Empire only has WS 6.
Makiwara
Chronicler

#11 Post by Makiwara »

Without coming across as smug, and please don't think that I am big noting myself, I do stick by those stats.

When I was young I got obsessed with fantasy because of the heroes, Aragon, Drizzt, Elrohir (don't ask me why I liked him, I don't really know :lol: ), etc, but I got obsessed with emulating them. I've been a martial artist non stop since I was 8, won full contact tournaments, touch tournaments, got black belts, done kendo and kenjutsu, do Muay Thai, grapple, all the bells and whistles nonsense and I've taken it pretty seriously the whole time. I've also been hunting since I was 16, keep sharp and practiced, am a pretty crack shot, yadda yadda yadda. Basically I've spent most of my life trying to play warhammer or D&D in the real world and I've done what I would consider a semi reasonable job of it. In the highly unlikely chance (which is a shame, though less so now with End Times I suppose) that I got sucked into the warhammer world I believe I would swim fine. Unless, as discussed, I don't get to grab my rifles and a large stash of rounds beforehand because I'm only so-so with a bow and my BS would have to go to like 3 tops, probably 2.

But, you pop some of the people I've trained under into warhammer world and you're looking at WS 7-10 no problems.

What I don't have is experience holding a battle line in hand to hand or under arrow fire, let alone like charging Cold Ones; hence the special rules. Marching shoulder to shoulder with some pikeman into the face of a big burly dude out of a metal nightmare would not go so well for me.

And all of this is why at 31 I've only just gotten serious about all that 'real world' stuff like career advancement and asset acquirement; I was busy playing elves in my head for the longest time. :oops: If it wasn't for my lovely wife and lovelier daughter no doubt I would still be running around somewhere, trying to be Musashi.
Only in the Dreaming Woods are Mortals truly free, t'was always thus and always thus will be.
Headshot wrote:
Makiwara wrote:Smiths in Nagarythe that can repair the holiest piece of armour worn by the Shadow Prince himself... 0 apparently.
Duct tape counts!!
Ladril Caledor

#12 Post by Ladril Caledor »

Ok I'll have a go.

Ladril Caledor
M4 WS5 BS3 S3 T3 W2 I3 A3 L8
120 points.

Krav Maga Expert: Ladril cannot use weapons or armour of any kind, but he can fight in close combat using his Krav Maga techniques. His close combat attacks wound automatically on a 4+ against infantry or cavalry.

Krav Maga 360 defence: Ladril uses his Krav Maga to block incoming attacks, simultaneously countering with crippling blows of his own. Ladril has a 4+ ward against close combat attacks. If his ward save is successful he immediately inflicts a S3 hit on the model that struck him.

Kick in Groin and Run Away: Once per game. Years of Krav Maga training has made Ladril an expert in the art of aiming a savage kick into someone's testicles and running away while they wince in pain. The groin kick wounds automatically, delivers D3 wounds and causes stupidity. No armor save may be taken against the groin kick. Ladril must immediately make a flee move, and will also leave any unit he is part of. He cannot be pursued on the turn in which he makes the groin kick. This special move can not be used against monsters, eunuchs, females, daemons or Araloth.
SteVieBizzLe

#13 Post by SteVieBizzLe »

Go on then, this is too fun not to have a crack at.

SteVieBizzLe - 225pts

M4 WS4 BS3 S5 T3 W2 I4 A4 Ld9

Special Rules;

Never Back Down - SteVieBizzLe has a tendency to not know any better and not back down from a fight, even when to do so would be a much safer decision. As a result, SteVieBizzLe has the Immune to Psychology and Stubborn Special Rules, as described in the Warhammer Rulebook. Futhermore, if SteVieBizzLe, or a unit he has joined is beaten in close combat but subsequently survives, SteVieBizzLe (not the unit) immediately gains the Frenzy special rule, that can never be lost later in the battle.

Textbook Narcissism - Anyone who knows SteVieBizzLe will confirm that he has a terrible tendency to talk himself up and be damn sure he is the most important person in the room. All Friendly units within 6" of SteVieBizzLe suffer -1 to their Ld.

Dick Measurer - SteVieBizzLe will always attempt to be the best at anything he can, challenging anyone who dares, to prove that he is better than they are. SteVieBizzLe must always issue and accept challenges and if he is ever in combat with the enemy general, adds +1 to his WS, I and A values.

Magic Items;

Fists of Fury - Paired Weapons. SteVieBizzLe spent most of his former years training as a boxer. SteVieBizzLe is always treated as having an Additional Hand Weapon (extra attack is not included in his profile)

Knuckle Duster of Destiny - SteVieBizzLe is infamous for fighting dirty, once per game, when in combat he may use the Knuckle Duster of Destiny. All of his Close combat attacks are made at S10

T-Shirt and Shorts - Notorious for wearing as few clothes as possible, especially in winter when is customary to wear Shorts outside. The T-Shirt and Shorts grant SteVieBizzLe a 6+ armour save but instil him with so much comfort and confidence that he gains the Regeneration (4+) Special Rule.

Flying Boot - Counts as a Throwing weapon. Has a claim to fame of throwing his shoe at Jedward in a nightclub in Yorkshire. Once per game SteVieBizzLe may make a single shooting attack with the following profile:

Range 12" S5 Sniper, Killing Blow.
Ramesesis

#14 Post by Ramesesis »

Ramesesis - Vicar of Vaul

M4 WS4 BS4 S3 T3 W2 I4 A4 Ld8

Equipment:
Sword & Buckler, Light armour. May take a longbow OR spear

Special rules:
Stubborn beyond words.
Ramesesis just hate to give up. He will keep up the fight or argument until Victoious or he is lead away in a straight jacket. Counts as Stubborn.

Fear no evil
Ramesesis may jump when scared but when face by the supernatural his internal reservoir of Holy ans Righteous anger will make him charge whatever appear. When faced with undead or chaos, Ramesesis become frenzied and cannot loose it.

Heart of Steel
When everything around you seems lost, Ramesesis will dig into his mind (or bagpack) and produce a stirring speech followed by a poem or a heartpumping power metal tune. Count as a battle standard that also allow you to reroll failed rally tests.

Wrath and Furious anger
Sometimes the foe is so terrible that it deserves Nothing short of a serious doze of a Fire and Brimstone sermon. Ramesesis will adress the opposing unit with a tirade adressing everything from their lack of style, failure to meet his high standards of historical knowledge, unwillingness to stick to the fluff or for being downright cheesy. The enemy unit before Ramesesis must make a leadership test. If they fail, their spirit is so low they can barely stand and fight. They subtract -3 from their leadership for the rest of the game. One use only.
Sackree

#15 Post by Sackree »

As a psychogeriatric nurse I had to have a think about what makes my role in nursing unique from other branches

M4 WS2 BS2 S2 T3 I4 A1 Ld8

Light armour, hand weapon, shield

Calming and De-esalation - At the start of each close combat phase, roll a D6. On a 4+ Sackree may not be chosen as a target of any close combat attack. This represents a successful de-escalation of his opponent, effectively calming them down from their agitated state. On a 1-3 his attempt has failed and the attacking models become even angrier, the opponent may target him as normal and gains the frenzy special rule for the duration of this close combat phase.

Assist with ADL's - As a nurse Sackree assists his unit with their activities of daily living. At the start of each turn pick from the following effects to benefit his unit. The same Bonus cannot be chosen in succesive turns.
- Wheelchair - the units movement characteristic is doubled
- Sponge bath - The unit becomes -1 to hit in close combat and shooting
- Medication - The unit gains a 5+ ward save

Focus on Healthcare - Regrowth (bound power 8)
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=45855]Charge of the Loremaster - Army Blog[/url]
RE.Lee

#16 Post by RE.Lee »

Three healers already - nice!

Nice to see you back, Ramesesis, I think your stats fit you perfectly :lol:
cheers, Lee

Loriel

#17 Post by Loriel »

I like this thread alot. Thanks for each posted so far as they tend to give me laughs ;)
High Elves since Aug 2010: Tot /W / L / D - 100 / 75 / 23 / 2
Tomb Kings since Sep 2013:Tot / W / L / D - 31 / 18 / 12 / 1

Chronicles of Loriel's Glory and Shame
Ramesesis

#18 Post by Ramesesis »

Well, thank you, R. E Lee. :mrgreen:
Voodoomaster
High Cartographer

#19 Post by Voodoomaster »

We did this years before, all this has happened before and will happen again malarkey.

will have to find my character with the Chicken of Voodoo Awesome as his magical weapon/staff/lunch
[img]http://www.ulthuan.net/archive/images/Lore4.jpg[/img]
[size=117][color=blue]"There are many wonders to the world, one being the world itself" Loremaster Hlaeitryn, High Cartographer to the Phoenix King.[/color]

[color=red]"The Slaaneshi have their Anointed, Khaine has me" Khael Vraneth, Lord-General of Khaine [/color][/size]
Ramesesis

#20 Post by Ramesesis »

We have done it many times old friend.
Cherubis

#21 Post by Cherubis »

I came back to lurk around this forum, saw this thread, and decided to try my hand at it.

I'm currently a student photojournalist. If I knew I was to be ported to the Warhammer World, and could bring some belongings, this is how I would envisage myself.

Mr. Powers

M4 WS2 BS4 S3 T3 I4 A1 Ld7

Light Armor, Nikon D3200, Custom FPV LR Quadcopter

Nikon D3200: Range 48 S-
Shoot Into Melee: The Nikon D3200 can be used to fire into melee.
Friendly Fire: The Nikon D3200 can be used to target friendly units and models--including the unit he joins.
Flash: When performing a Stand and Shoot charge reaction, on a hit, the charging unit must take an Initiative test for each Initiative value in the unit. If the test is failed, the charging unit suffers -1 WS and -1 I for the first round of combat.
The Shot: When a shot from the Nikon D3200 hits its target, place a Photo Barrage token next to the target unit. Until Mr. Powers' next shooting phase, record the combat resolution totals for both sides of the combat. At the end of the battle, if Mr. Powers survives, all points gathered this way are added to the total Victory Points for his side.
Priorities: If Mr. Powers' unit is engaged in combat, if a Photo Barrage token is not on a unit engaged in this combat, it is lost, along with any points it may have accrued.

Custom FPV LR Quadcopter: Mr. Powers can employ the powers of 21st century miniaturized consumer technology to benefit the army he is covering. After Deployment, you may re-deploy D3 units.

Special Rules:
Strider, Immune to Fear, Scout, Ambush

Improvised Weapons: Mr. Powers does not come equipped with any weapons and relies on a disarming demeanor and the element of surprise to get himself out of hairy situations (usually using his trusty Zebra F301 ball point pen). Melee attacks made by Mr. Powers are resolved at -1 Str. If engaged in melee while not part of a unit, Mr. Powers must use Improvised Weapons and cannot use the Nikon D3200 after his Stand and Shoot reaction.