SCGT

Place to discuss anything related to tabletop wargaming that isn't covered by the other forums.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

finreir

SCGT

#1 Post by finreir »

Mod Edit

See official thread now up here:

http://www.warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/viewt ... 3&t=127648
SpellArcher wrote:Any word on SCGT comp Ian, what lists they will allow etc?

I get that some armies will struggle vs the Lions Coven build but others won't so much. I guess Furion would say that even Daemons will have a good go at killing the rest of it. If that banner's on an M5 unit you get time to counter whereas M9/Swiftstride, not so much IMHO.
Very little word at all if I'm honest. I would imagine not a lot taken off the top lists, Los on big spells as Dan likes that. Some scenarios to keep Wayne happy. And likely full end times. But that is me guessing and also having a mild rib of people
Ian Sturgess playing high elves and wood elves since 1990 ish
Twitter @chaffmaster1
SpellArcher
Green Istari

Re: ETC Draft 2

#2 Post by SpellArcher »

Sounds about right Ian. I remember the outcry when they took LoS off Final Transmutation; that went back in. I also don't recall SCGT ever giving bonus points to armies, a la Slaughter comp. So how they intend to tackle Legions would be good to know. They're good mates with Bryan Carmichael, so maybe the ETC comp will have an influence?

Khaine magic?

:)
finreir

#3 Post by finreir »

SpellArcher wrote:Sounds about right Ian. I remember the outcry when they took LoS off Final Transmutation; that went back in. I also don't recall SCGT ever giving bonus points to armies, a la Slaughter comp. So how they intend to tackle Legions would be good to know. They're good mates with Bryan Carmichael, so maybe the ETC comp will have an influence?

Khaine magic?

No khaine Magic I doubt, expect everything by the book except either a bit of hard or pool comp and also probably look outs from the big spells (there wasn't last year) but Dan is huge on this. Brian May have an influence on Dan as they live near, but I think russ usually has the biggest input on comp, (this isn't fact just an impression I get) so I find it less likely. (Arguably last years scgt pool comp has actually worked its way into etc instead).
Looking forward to seeing what they do but I have a feeling archaon book the 5th and final in end times will come out to late, but I would expect to see skaven one mentioned and hope to see the comp in the next month or so, purely so I can paint my stuff
Twitter @chaffmaster1
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#4 Post by SpellArcher »

I think you're right about the influence on the ETC comp Ian. I also think last year's comp was Russ Veal's baby (Dan pretty much said so on TWF). Be amazed if they don't allow the mega-characters TBH.
finreir

#5 Post by finreir »

SpellArcher wrote:I think you're right about the influence on the ETC comp Ian. I also think last year's comp was Russ Veal's baby (Dan pretty much said so on TWF). Be amazed if they don't allow the mega-characters TBH.
If they allow them I'll genuinely consider not attending
Twitter @chaffmaster1
Furion

#6 Post by Furion »

I am sure that Dan and Russ will make a great event. They are too experienced as TO to mess this up :)

Also - who is gonna be there? I will!
Also-also, modsplit into other thread?
[url=http://www.youtube.com/followfurion][b]FollowFurion[/b] on youtube for in depth WFB tactics analysis (click!)[/url]
alenui

#7 Post by alenui »

Russ has already said Karl Franz Ascended is banned so I think we won't see the mega characters.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

SCGT

#8 Post by SpellArcher »

So this is a new topic to continue this discussion from the ETC topic, at the suggestion of Furion.

SA

I stand corrected Mr Brown! Any more info on what we'll be seeing?
finreir

Re: SCGT

#9 Post by finreir »

So let's be having you!
If you are wanting to go to South Coast drop us a post on here so we can meet up for a drink and work out who is getting best in race. Don't know who go it last year I wasn't there but 2012 was wamphyri and 2013 was me

Will be great to see some of you down there
Twitter @chaffmaster1
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#10 Post by SpellArcher »

I believe it was Quannum Ian, 4th with Alarielle?

I hope to go, first time since 2011.
finreir

#11 Post by finreir »

SpellArcher wrote:I believe it was Quannum Ian, 4th with Alarielle?

I hope to go, first time since 2011.
Oh yeah it was Sami.
God knows how that list finished 4th though but SCGT always brings up a few suprises. (Not a slight on Sami btw)
Twitter @chaffmaster1
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#12 Post by SpellArcher »

I believe Mark Wildman was just outside the top ten with a similar list Ian. But we know how good he is.
Irishranger

#13 Post by Irishranger »

Work permitting I hope to make it but how much of an effort depends on the comp tbh.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#14 Post by SpellArcher »

Clockwork

#15 Post by Clockwork »

I may be there with my Eternity Host Elves. That counts, right? :P
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#16 Post by SpellArcher »

Ticket sales info just up.

Getting into tournaments seems harder than playing them these days!

SpellArcher
Green Istari

#17 Post by SpellArcher »

Pack now up, same thread linked above.

Bit surprised Lions rated above PG and World Dragon on units above on BSB but I guess it's because of Teclis.

Not sure why they like the DP bus though.
Clockwork

#18 Post by Clockwork »

Well, no Eternity Host for me.

Dat Imrik tho.
Grenic

#19 Post by Grenic »

I don’t mind this comp.

While at first glance my go to Chaffmaster Teclis Coven of Light list will be limited to S6 and 2 Eagle Claws, it is still looks like a list that I would like to play.

Too bad AR.Com couldn’t have followed something similar….
J4far

#20 Post by J4far »

Little bit annoyed that ALL the elf characters are banned from this tournament. Won't be attending anyways (too far!!!), but are the elf ET characters really in a whole class to themselves with regards to power level?

Also the "show what you can summon" portion of Undead should be removed IMO, or added to VC rules as well for summoning units. It has already been mentioned I think in the ETC 2.5 thread. If you wanted to make sure they have the required models, why not just have them submit a second list to the TO indicating what they brought for summoning, and then provide that list AFTER the game to the opponent if they want to verify that you didn't cheat (and if you did, DQ FOR YOU). Unless whole tournament is Open lists (in which case all this is moot anyways).
finreir

#21 Post by finreir »

J4far wrote:Little bit annoyed that ALL the elf characters are banned from this tournament. Won't be attending anyways (too far!!!), but are the elf ET characters really in a whole class to themselves with regards to power level?

Also the "show what you can summon" portion of Undead should be removed IMO, or added to VC rules as well for summoning units. It has already been mentioned I think in the ETC 2.5 thread. If you wanted to make sure they have the required models, why not just have them submit a second list to the TO indicating what they brought for summoning, and then provide that list AFTER the game to the opponent if they want to verify that you didn't cheat (and if you did, DQ FOR YOU). Unless whole tournament is Open lists (in which case all this is moot anyways).
The elf characters and nagash etc are banned because they are overpowering and bent.
My Main Issue is that teclis kairos epidemus and a few others are still allowed these are on th way to being as bad, however I guess the comp sort of has this covered.

The reason VC don't need to show you what they are raising is raise dead spell is either zombies or skeletons, lore of undeath could be virtually any bloody thing and in order to speed the game up it is only polite to show your opponent the possible options especially in a time limited tournament scenario.

Of course I ain't saying your wrong but please feel free to look at Sheffield slaughter results if you need evidence of the dominance of the super character
Twitter @chaffmaster1