2012 Colonial GT is secure!

Place to discuss anything related to tabletop wargaming that isn't covered by the other forums.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

mastermoulder

2012 Colonial GT is secure!

#1 Post by mastermoulder »

Greetings and salutations!

I have just secured the location for the 2012 Colonial GT; The American Legion in Clark, New Jersey! The address is 78 Westfield Avenue, Clark, NJ 07066-2427 (732)574-8374. I will place the paypal link on the web site for ticket purchasing after the Conflict GT. You may still register for the event before the paypal link is up, but remember that to secure your slot; you have to pay the ticket fee. There will be some gamers that are listed as paid earlier; those are players that have won tickets through ticket swaps in other events, as well winning tickets at the Colonial Qualifiers. To help out with some confusion of a couple of players, you don’t have to go to the Qualifiers to go to the Colonial. These Qualifiers are geared for you to practice, win store prizes, and earn tickets to the Colonial GT.

Included in your ticket price for the 2012 Colonial GT, we will have a cook that will serve Breakfast and food for the rest of the day. He will be serving dogs, burgers, Italian Sausages and Pepper, Chili, and Buffalo Wings! Speaking of Wings, I think it’s high time we bring back the Wing Eating Contest (I think will be most likely won by Ludwig or Scooter, unless we get a dark horse in there).
The bar is directly downstairs, and has a great setup and selection. I have already got an okay
from the Commander of the Legion that we may partake in the Alcoholic beverages. Remember that this facility is a private location, but feel free to enjoy! We had one of their bartenders that volunteered as our beer lady! Plenty of parking on site!

I am also trying to contact the Wounded Warrior Organization and the Army K-9 component to do a charity auction/drive for Saturday evening to give back to our soldiers that gave so much to us.
There are hotels in the area, which you can Google, or use search engines such as http://www.hotels.com. I will be in contact with several hotels to see if they can help us out with
prices.
You can get to the location by taking exit 135 of the Garden State Parkway, Exit 11/12 on the Turnpike, or 1 and 9. 2500pts for WHFB and 1850 for 40k at the 2012 Colonial GT. The 2012 Colonial GT Tournament Packet is being updated and will be available for view very soon.

*2012 WHFB Qualifier for the Colonial GT, you can either use this paypal link; maplewoodhobby.gaming@gmail.com, or pay when you get there. The fee is $15.00. Rich is the POC for the event besides myself. He is the manager at Maplewood Hobby, and the address is 1970 Springfield Ave, Maplewood, NJ 07040 #973-378-3839. The date is December 10th, 2011, check is 09:30 am and 10:00 dice are rolling.
2500pts, armies don't have to be fully painted, special characters are
permitted minus Teclis, Thoric, and Fateweaver. No Book of Hoeth, or Fozzrik's Folding Fortress. Characters are allowed a "Look Out
Sir" roll on all 6 spells, as done this past Colonial, Conflict, and
Crossroads.*

Look forward to
seeing all of you at the event!

http://www.thecolonialgt.com

MM