No room on the table

Place to discuss anything related to tabletop wargaming that isn't covered by the other forums.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Cirion RedDragon

No room on the table

#1 Post by Cirion RedDragon »

Watching several more battle reports on TheirTube, I have noticed that the guys at Mountain Miniatures - among others- have been using less and less terrain.
Could it be that this is because of the 25% increase in base size, units are quite literally getting stuck between hills and woods ?
Linehammer indeed.
TyrrenAzureblade

Re: No room on the table

#2 Post by TyrrenAzureblade »

I haven't watched their battle reports specifically in a while, but it might have to do with the new terrain rules in the book?
Morgen

#3 Post by Morgen »

Could be just because they're doing battle reports. Faster to set up.
Giladis
The Merlord

#4 Post by Giladis »

I have noticed from the games I observed that over time people have pushed terrain to the sides with most tables starting to resemble WD promo shots.
Ielthan

#5 Post by Ielthan »

Giladis wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:46 pm I have noticed from the games I observed that over time people have pushed terrain to the sides with most tables starting to resemble WD promo shots.
Think it's partly laziness tbh, more terrain usually means a more tactically challenging game, and also more difficulties with rules. Easier just to not deal with it.
Cirion RedDragon

#6 Post by Cirion RedDragon »

Terrain does, of course, cease to be a problem if you do this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bo5_WTlgVlo