Introduction topic

Place to discuss anything related to tabletop wargaming that isn't covered by the other forums.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

spiritshaman

Re: Introduction topic

#31 Post by spiritshaman »

hi guys i am Bill, collecting HE for about a year now.

still havent found a satisfying paint scheme but i'm working on it!!
Lord Sloth

#32 Post by Lord Sloth »

Hi,

My name is Ash. I hail from South Africa. Started playing Warhammer back in 97. Played Wood Elves the whole time but have recently decided to change. Wanting to stick with Elves I chose High Elves.

Looking fwd to a new year of war gaming. :mrgreen:
Giladis
The Merlord

#33 Post by Giladis »

Welcome to Ulthuan guys. May your stay be long and productive. Remember to read the rules and stick to them :)

Have fun
Lord_Moren

#34 Post by Lord_Moren »

Hello all. My name is Ken and I have recently decided to pick up WHFB due to an insane level of boredom with 40k. I chose HE due to the new models and they look to be a lot of fun to paint. I have never played a single game of Fantasy so please be patient with the incoming "noob questions."

I picked up a "Double Elf IoB" set from my local store to get started on painting and plan to expand out with the battalion box and some White Lions as soon as I have these painted.
Bolt Thrower

#35 Post by Bolt Thrower »

Welcome! High elves will have you hooked!
Battle Standard Bearer. Don't leave home without it.
Bolt Thrower's High Elves
fireblade

#36 Post by fireblade »

Hi, welcome to ulthuan :)
[img]http://www.abload.de/img/afbeelding1b0f4.png[/img]
Nachri, Subcommander of the Vengeance of Vaul
11/15/8 (5 massacres), kills 227
GazzyG

#37 Post by GazzyG »

Hey guys.

Name's Gaz, from Nottingham

Originally collected High Elves in the 90's, then had a hell of a long break away from the game.

Just come back though and started collecting afresh.

Currently have all of IoB Elves, Battalion Elves and a few extras I've picked up from ebay/GW.

Now in the midst of painting them, ready to play my first games in over ten years haha!

Find the site very interesting and useful and looking forward to getting to know you.

Cheers
Si'anelle of Avelorn
Dreamer of Worlds

Re: Back!

#38 Post by Si'anelle of Avelorn »

Blessings of Isha everyone :mrgreen: It has been a very long time since I posted anything here, but I thought I would look in and say hello. Greetings to all my old friends and my apologies for not posting in Faux Middle English like I used to roleplay, but time moves on and I'm not sure I could even do it anymore.

As they say, 'Much has happened since last I was last here.' Around the time of my last visit way back in mid 2009 I was indulging in a furious burst of High Elfishness while trying to make up my mind about something very important to me. Anyway to cut what could be a very long story short I had received a call to Religious life and I've entered into formation to become a Religious sister.
Presently I'm at home caring for my elderly Mum who hasn't been very well and not unexpectedly I started to dig into the storage boxes in the garage where all my old Fantasy armies had been stored. I had almost been on the brink of giving everything away when I entered Religious life, but I didn't for some reason. I'll need to make up my mind about it eventually, but for the moment it's certainly nice to see all the 'old friends' that occupied quite a big slice of my life for quite a while there.

Where are things up to at present? What's the current edition? Those of you who know me will know that I never embraced anything 'modern' and always stuck with 5th Edition (The blessed 5th Book and all that). One of my Spear Elf regiments is 6th Edition plastic multipart (picked up second hand cheap), but everything else is 5th and 4th Edition with some of my High Elf stuff being older than that. Remember those days? - GW made their rank and file miniature figures from metal and not just the character figures :wink:
[img]http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa276/Sianelleofavelorn/Warhammer/webbanner.jpg[/img]
Shandiar

#39 Post by Shandiar »

Welcome all newcomers!

I'm Shandiar and I have been around since late 90'es and collected HE since '93 back in the good old 4th edition days. You will mostly find me around various roleplaying threads.

Si'anelle long time no see - it's 8th edition now, how time flies.
High Priest of ASS
Si'anelle of Avelorn
Dreamer of Worlds

#40 Post by Si'anelle of Avelorn »

Shandiar wrote: Si'anelle long time no see - it's 8th edition now, how time flies.
8th Edition! :shock:

Time has indeed flown :!:
[img]http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa276/Sianelleofavelorn/Warhammer/webbanner.jpg[/img]
FriendlyFanatic

#41 Post by FriendlyFanatic »

Hello everyone. Been around the site for a couple months now but never actually introduced myself.

I'm a fanatic, and I'm quite friendly :) I started playing fantasy as a kid in the mid 90's. Just got back to the hobby in the summer of 2010 and I must say I love it even more now than I did as a kid.

P.S: Death to the Druchii :!:
de kaasboer

#42 Post by de kaasboer »

Hey guys,

I've been playing warhammer fantasy for quite a while (since the start of 6th, that is erm, how long ago?) mostly playing all forms of Chaos and also tombkings, but all other armies now and then as well :)

about 1.5 years ago i decided i wanted to start HE, but in a way a bit more grim than your average 'fancy pants' HE army >:)
But im a busy man (read; student & lazy) so it's really been only the last 3-4 months or something that i actually started building and painting a bit (at a very low rate...), so while i've been sneaking around here for over 2 years i thought now was a good time to actually register :)

i might start an army log (not too likely as im a really lazy painter, but it might actually keep me motivated if i do :D) and rabble a bit in the tactics section now and then, but what i actually want to say is just:

HI GUYS! :D

cheers

de kaasboer
Consadine

#43 Post by Consadine »

Hello all!

I've been interested in Fantasy for a while now thanks to Podhammer (I've been a 40k player for 7 or 8 years now), but haven't really had the extra funds to get into it. As of a month ago, I've been able to amass a decent sized force thanks to Island of Blood and a Bring N Buy at a local store with some more stuff inbound via trades from another forum. The batch-painting process has begun with the IoB Swordmasters being the first to finish. I'll start up a WIP thread soon; you'll find me in that section of the forum a lot as I'm more of a painter than a gamer (not to say I'm bad at gaming...).

As for game experience.... uh.... none! Well, there were three 1000 point games against a friend, and while those were massively helpful, but there are still a lot of nuances to work out. My WFB Tactics knowledge is poor at best and I've read a bunch of threads here to help remedy that problem.

This isn't the last you'll see of me! *cackle*
rdango

#44 Post by rdango »

Hello everyone. I'm relatively new to warhammer having only played a couple of small 7th edition games but looking forward to putting together a high elf army. Cheers and have a good day :)
Rayman

#45 Post by Rayman »

hi im new(thats why im posting in this topic)
and i got iob and am lokking for some one to play with(orleans,ottawa)
famous last words:Hold my beer and watch this
:):):)
other last words:Why on earth did i do that??
:):)
Gwydion

#46 Post by Gwydion »

Hi guys,

I´ve returned to my old love and first army after playing the druchii and asrai for nearly 14 years.

cheers
Gildesh

#47 Post by Gildesh »

hey all i have been around these parts for a while now and i have never realy introduced myself so now is as good a time as any right??
wel im andy and im a 24 year old welshman and im a full time taxi driver. the high elves are my second of 3 armys i also have woodies and o&g so hi
check my painting log http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=33196&start=0
Verminous

#48 Post by Verminous »

Hello there. Verminous here. Fairly new to WHFB (been playing a little less than a year now). I've been browsing these forums since I bought my High Elves and after all the excellent advice I've found here, have decided to join.

Currently High Elves are my only viable army, though I have the beginnings of a Skaven army (Though HE will always be my first and favorite choice I think). The group I generally play with runs 7th Ed. , but I'm reluctantly working on learning 8th now (don't like a lot of the new rules but have to learn if I want to play competitively).

I'm 26 and one of the few female WH players I've seen. Not much else to know at the moment I guess.
Si'anelle of Avelorn
Dreamer of Worlds

#49 Post by Si'anelle of Avelorn »

Verminous wrote:Hello there. Verminous here. Fairly new to WHFB (been playing a little less than a year now). I've been browsing these forums since I bought my High Elves and after all the excellent advice I've found here, have decided to join.

Currently High Elves are my only viable army, though I have the beginnings of a Skaven army (Though HE will always be my first and favorite choice I think). The group I generally play with runs 7th Ed. , but I'm reluctantly working on learning 8th now (don't like a lot of the new rules but have to learn if I want to play competitively).

I'm 26 and one of the few female WH players I've seen. Not much else to know at the moment I guess.
Thou art not alone my Lady Verminous, for there are others of womankind that do visit here. Be thou welcome and may thy armies be victorious.
Mandrall

#50 Post by Mandrall »

Hi HE painters! :wink:

My name is Mitchel and I'm 19 years old. I have a dream to make an High Elf army with this colour theme; hawk turqouise, ice blue and regular blue. Right now I got one unit of spearmen, archers and white lions. I have been thinking to make some Dragon Princes later on, but right now I'm stuck with my first movement trays.
Giladis
The Merlord

#51 Post by Giladis »

Wellcome to the site and I wish you a long and productive stay.
krysith

#52 Post by krysith »

Sounds like a great color scheme, Mandrall. I hope you post some pics when you are done.
[quote="Seredain"]

Haha! I'm guessing that the codename for this will be [i]Operation Evil Bumrush[/i].
[quote="Eldria"]

Close buts its a bit more [i]Operation Chargeblerghvomitvomiteateat ooolook I grew an extra head[/i][/quote][/quote]
Mandrall

#53 Post by Mandrall »

I have just taken some pictures on my High Elf army, but I need a special USB-cable for the camera so that I can put the pictures in my computer. Sooner or later I will have the pictures for show on this homepage. :)
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#54 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

pics aren't on the memory card in the phone?
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
Lady of the Shadows

#55 Post by Lady of the Shadows »

Hello, everyone! I am quite new to the site and hobby, not even two weeks yet! I am also one of the rare real women, but my husband has been painting and playing for a rather long time and the beautiful High Elves have caught me. I am very slowly going to build an army, starting with my very first model and inspiration, Alith Anar, but my focus is more on the painting. It seems silly to me to only have pretty models to look at, though, so I will try my hand at playing (probably against hubby's Dwarfs) once I have something resembling an army. I know I will have lots and lots of questions, so forgive my complete lack of knowledge.
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#56 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Knowing your husbands army and starting from scratch means you should be able to build an army that will compete against him quite well. Have fun with it.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
Mandrall

#57 Post by Mandrall »

Tiralya wrote:pics aren't on the memory card in the phone?
I have taken picture with a camera not a phone.
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#58 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

My bad, the camera doesn't use SD cards?
Mandrall

#59 Post by Mandrall »

SD cards :?:
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#60 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

HHmm... if you don't know about the expandable memory, odds are you don't have a card reader any way ^_^' Nevermind