Introduction topic

Place to discuss anything related to tabletop wargaming that isn't covered by the other forums.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Mandrall

Re: Introduction topic

#61 Post by Mandrall »

Thanks Tiralya for trying to help me, but what I know is that I only have to buy a type of USB-cable for the camera so that I can connect it with my computer. What sort of USB-cable I need I don't know. Its a Canon camera by the way.
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#62 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

try taking the camera into a consumer electronics store, there are so many proprietary connections it's not funny, most electronic stores should have the right ones ^_^
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
Telemachus

#63 Post by Telemachus »

Hey all,
Been lurking a while and finally decided to post...
I've recently come back to High Elves after a long hiatus. Started way back in 4th, and then detoured into 40k awhile. Very excited about collecting a Chracean army, and quite impressed with 8th ed so far.
Check out my painting blog
[url]http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=37835[/url]
Mandrall

#64 Post by Mandrall »

What kind of resolution should you normally have when you post picture on forum? :?
Mandrall

#65 Post by Mandrall »

How do you put picture on forum?
Saradai

#66 Post by Saradai »

Hi,

My name is Hannah.
I am completely new to warhammer, me and my boyfriend have decided to each build an army, I have chosen High Elves and he chose the Empire. I hope to find help and advice here.
Thank you in advance!

:D
Si'anelle of Avelorn
Dreamer of Worlds

#67 Post by Si'anelle of Avelorn »

Be welcome Hannah, thou didst make the better choice methinks; - then mayhap I am biased towards Elfkind. 'Tis a good forum and there are other women here so thou shall not be alone or lack for answers to thy questions.
[img]http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa276/Sianelleofavelorn/Warhammer/webbanner.jpg[/img]
Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#68 Post by Luna Guardian »

Welcome to Ulthuan Hannah, and have a nice stay. :D

And you indeed did make the better choice :)
Prince Deral Lionbane, head of the House of Lionbane, Lord of Lionstone and Warden of Tor Charta

Luna, try not to beat them too hard. They are proud about their pseudo-glorious past and their present nothingness, you know.
-Elmoth, about Caledorians
Diukon

#69 Post by Diukon »

Hey folks,

The name is Diukon.

I started to play Warhammer in 2002. In 2005 i had a 'little' break.

Now, after 6 yrs I am trying to repaint my old High Elves and to rock the tables! ;)
Follow my kin!
Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#70 Post by Luna Guardian »

Welcome Diukon. Try the lasagne, it's awesome :D
Prince Deral Lionbane, head of the House of Lionbane, Lord of Lionstone and Warden of Tor Charta

Luna, try not to beat them too hard. They are proud about their pseudo-glorious past and their present nothingness, you know.
Diukon

#71 Post by Diukon »

Welcome Diukon. Try the lasagne, it's awesome :D
If i wrote: "rock the table top" would it also make you think i meant food? :P

English is not my native language, so please forgive me if i didn't understand what you intended to express by 'lasagne'. :)
Follow my kin!
Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#72 Post by Luna Guardian »

It's a joke. We have one running around about Ulthuan being like the mafia: once you join you can never leave.

Don't worry about English not being your native language, it ain't mine either :)

Prince_Asuryan
Giantslayer

#73 Post by Prince_Asuryan »

Luna Guardian wrote:It's a joke. We have one running around about Ulthuan being like the mafia: once you join you can never leave.
TBF, that went over my head as well.
'The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.'
Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#74 Post by Luna Guardian »

Fine, I'll never be nice to anyone ever again. Hmph :evil:

:P

Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#75 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

No, continue being nice, but try to keep inside jokes inside, although the confusion is funny also, hell just keep doing what you do Luna~
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#76 Post by Luna Guardian »

Now you got ME confused. This isn't the way it's supposed to work!

Aeddon

#77 Post by Aeddon »

Hey everyone,
My name is Aeddon and I'm new to the forums. I've played 40k for about four years now and I'm thinking about starting a High Elves army for WFB. I know next to nothing about how WFB plays or how HE play so I'll probably be asking lots of questions. Cheers.

Aeddon
CrazyCarl

#78 Post by CrazyCarl »

Aeddon wrote:Hey everyone,
My name is Aeddon and I'm new to the forums. I've played 40k for about four years now and I'm thinking about starting a High Elves army for WFB. I know next to nothing about how WFB plays or how HE play so I'll probably be asking lots of questions. Cheers.

Aeddon
In short, WFB > 40k :) Movement trays > skirmish, etc.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34299]My army[/url]
SinicFV

#79 Post by SinicFV »

Hi,

I've been playing Warhammer since early '90s. It was only WFRP at first. I played WFB at the time of 5th/6th edition. Now I'm planning on getting back to the WFB and start a HE army. :)
Diukon

#80 Post by Diukon »

Hi :)

Thorn, Poland?

What city do you mean (in Polish ofc)

(I'm also from Poland ;p )
Follow my kin!
Shemhazai

#81 Post by Shemhazai »

A big hello to you all!

First things first, allow me to introduce myself.
My name is Shemhazai and guess what, I happen to collect High Elves. (I do have other armies but High Elves just are the most interesting)
i just painted my very first high elf and I'm well proud of it...

And umm... Well that's pretty much it!
'What do Salvation and Damnation have in common?
You both find them in the place i'm going to send you'
Loec

#82 Post by Loec »

Hey everyone!
Well I have been lurking on here for far too long mostly the tactics forum. Im not gonna lie I'm completely new to actually playing warhammer! i've been collecting for years I think 1990 to be exact! I have to admit to being an 40k player for all of that time. I have had various attempts at warhammer but never really got further than getting the odd unit and never painting it!
I guess i'm on here to get inspiration and help in finishing my first warhammer army! (i'll start a modelling thread after this) And also to get help in using them! i'm a Eldar 40k player so I get synergy hopefully that will help me out.
Anyway cheers guys
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=35442][color=blue]My Painting Log[/color][/url]
[i]Dear Development Team,
Rock is overpowered. Please nerf. Paper is fine.
Sincerely,
Scissors[/i]
grantmepower

#83 Post by grantmepower »

Welcome to the forum Loec, hope you enjoy your stay! :wink:
Look forward to seeing what you paint up.
Ulthuan in Flames: 13/9/6 Bel Hathor 77 kills
Loec

#84 Post by Loec »

Cheers for the welcome grantmepower! i'm sure i'll enjoy my stay :D
i've put a link in my sig for my painting log if you are interested.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=35442][color=blue]My Painting Log[/color][/url]
[i]Dear Development Team,
Rock is overpowered. Please nerf. Paper is fine.
Sincerely,
Scissors[/i]
Midwest

#85 Post by Midwest »

'ello,

New to hear and new to High Elves. I normally play WHFB in odd-numbered editions (mostly 5th and 7th), but after a bit of a burn out near the end of 7th I find myself being drawn into this latest edition.

My previous armies were Brets (love the models) and Daemons (love the background). I've decided to go High Elves as a lot of the newer models are pretty swank (I just wish they'd update the spears and archers), and I'm wanting to push myself painting-wise with a much 'cleaner' army than I usually collect.

I apologize in advance for the various dumb questions I'll likely be asking in the coming weeks. :wink:
"Emotions are dumb and should be hated."

"If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
tgadd

#86 Post by tgadd »

Hi folks! Relatively new here, and newly returned to WHFB. Played Dark Elves in the 90s briefly as a kid, but never truly got into it. Then around 2005 I got the Dwarfs/Goblins box and played some more, but didn't truly get into it then either, as my Tyranids just took up all my time and money - I think I had about 4,000,000 hormagaunts! Then a sojourn through Hordes/Warmachine, and now I'm back. I've just split the IoB box with a mate, and am liking it a lot more than I ever did before. Never really got into painting before, so looking forward to giving it a good college try this time, as they say.

I have been reading some of the inspiring painting threads and tactics/army list blogs. Have to say Seredain and Curu have made me reconsider a mounted prince and the tactical use of spear columns and eagles, rather than just spamming mages which I have had great success with playing 1000 pt games out of the box. And Curse of Beer has made me want to do a darker, more dirtied paint scheme!!

Looking forward to learning much, and may start a beginners paint thread soon.
Strange8ractor

#87 Post by Strange8ractor »

Hey all. My name's Jay and I'm in Seattle. I played 1st edition 40k, and kept trying to come back in 4th and 5th, but just didn't care for the game, though I like the fluff. Then I decided to dive into Fantasy and High Elves were my first army book. I've dabbled in Dark Elves, Empire, Lizards, and the new Tomb Kings, but I just keep coming back to High Elves. I can't even explain why. I just love 'em.

I'm currently tweaking a 3000 point list (less than 750 is painted, though), and hoping to play more games at my local shop in the coming months.
Kousei

#88 Post by Kousei »

Hey guys and gals

I have never actually introduced myself on this forum yet. However, I use to go under the name Isawa Malekith on this forum. I started the game as a dark elf player. I thought they were a poor army and got rid of them. It turns out I was wrong, I was just a poor player. I then learned how to play properly with vampire counts. I then got a wood elf army that I have to date. I took a break from the game for over a full edition.

In 8th edition I am playing more than I ever had before and greatly enjoying it for the most part. I have also got my GF into the game and she loves it. I still love my wood elves, but have grown tired of my vampire counts and developed a huge soft spot for the tomb kings over the last 6 months as well. Also want to play one of the more traditional style elf armies; I made a thread about it a while ago. I pretty much love the fluff, feel and story of the high elves. However, the dark elves seem like a superior game play army and tournament results I have seen tend to support this. However, in the end I have simple really got into the high elves and I want to play them. The majority of my high elf army is coming in the mail. I would like to make a progression thread for the army as I start to make it, If that's cool? I debated what armies to play for a good 6 months when I got back into the game. I am hoping to stick with these armies for a long time to come.
L5R:
Phoenix Clan
Scorpion Clan

Warhammer fantasy:
High Elves:
Tomb Kings:

40k:
Eldar

Fantasy/40k:
Nurgle Daemons - Not ready at all.

Star Trek Attack Wing:
Dominion
Romulan
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#89 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Evil, Wild, welcome to Noble, progress threads are awesome, hit it!
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#90 Post by Prince of Spires »

Welcome back and welcome to the only true elven race ;)
King Khasekhemwy wrote: I would like to make a progression thread for the army as I start to make it, If that's cool?
Good plan. If you want your progression tread to be mainly a painting tread, check out the Painting and modeling section. If you want to have it more army list / tactics based I would suggest the Army list section. In both there are a few similar treads. Check them out.

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.