The Order of the Mage Knights

Place to discuss anything related to tabletop wargaming that isn't covered by the other forums.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Malossar
Something Cool

Re: The Order of the Mage Knights - HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE

#211 Post by Malossar »

SpellArcher wrote:Manchester? Stockport?

Somewhere in Lancashire I believe...

:)

Tell him to get his goatass online hahahahaha
Ptolemy wrote:Im not above whoring myself for a good cause. ;)
~Milliardo~

#212 Post by ~Milliardo~ »

I think he's moved on at this point, honestly. :3

I was telling Siegfried VII that if he is, he should get Brian's permission to remake the MK Guild. I think he's waiting until he has the book in his hand though first, to see what exactly they've done.
John Rainbow

#213 Post by John Rainbow »

Nice work Milliardo. It might be worth waiting to see if the mage knight is even a possible build in the new book though...
Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#214 Post by Luna Guardian »

John Rainbow wrote:Nice work Milliardo. It might be worth waiting to see if the mage knight is even a possible build in the new book though...
We have a completely new character for that, heard of the Loremaster :P
Prince Deral Lionbane, head of the House of Lionbane, Lord of Lionstone and Warden of Tor Charta

Luna, try not to beat them too hard. They are proud about their pseudo-glorious past and their present nothingness, you know.
-Elmoth, about Caledorians
John Rainbow

#215 Post by John Rainbow »

Don't think he can go on a horse though...
jamierk

#216 Post by jamierk »

Rgem appears to be dead (long live rgem) :-(

Anyone else think the character of the new mage knight a little amusing. But of an over achiever, but never really stuck at anything long enough to get good at it. Just couldn't decide on his major when studying, and before he knew it he's graduating without mastering anything. Perhaps he just spent an afternoon watching YouTube videos on how to do it (isn't that how we all become 'experts'?)
John Rainbow

#217 Post by John Rainbow »

jamierk wrote:Anyone else think the character of the new mage knight a little amusing. But of an over achiever, but never really stuck at anything long enough to get good at it. Just couldn't decide on his major when studying, and before he knew it he's graduating without mastering anything. Perhaps he just spent an afternoon watching YouTube videos on how to do it (isn't that how we all become 'experts'?)
He's also going to be one of the most useful casters in the game. I don't care about mastering everything. He's mastered enough to be awesome already!
jamierk

#218 Post by jamierk »

I'm with you John, he stayed in class just long enough to learn something useful, then straight to uni bar!
jamierk

#219 Post by jamierk »

Although passing his Lvl 3 and Lvl 4 exams would have killed him?
~Milliardo~

#220 Post by ~Milliardo~ »

jamierk wrote:Rgem appears to be dead (long live rgem) :-(

Anyone else think the character of the new mage knight a little amusing. But of an over achiever, but never really stuck at anything long enough to get good at it. Just couldn't decide on his major when studying, and before he knew it he's graduating without mastering anything. Perhaps he just spent an afternoon watching YouTube videos on how to do it (isn't that how we all become 'experts'?)
This pretty much describes me... :lol:

And yeah - the Gem is dead, long live the Loremaster. He's pretty much everything I've ever wanted in a High Elf character choice.
RogueSun

#221 Post by RogueSun »

John Rainbow wrote:Don't think he can go on a horse though...
It might be possible.

Also, don't discount the Dragon Mage! His Lore may be much more limited, but he makes up for it with his mighty scaled steed. Now that he can wear armor, this guy might start showing up in lists as a combat mage.
jamierk

#222 Post by jamierk »

I'm really looking forward to rocking the original flame chicken (dragon mage). I took him to a tm a few months ago and he had some fun. He's a great combo with LSG core, and now he can be armoured properly and has 3+ scaly skin (not to mention a s4 breath weapon), he'll make a nice counter point to a dual Phoenix list if I can get the points to fit. Thinking a loremaster, ridden flame Phoenix, dragon mage and a frost Phoenix in rare. Target saturation!
Siegfried VII

#223 Post by Siegfried VII »

~Milliardo~ wrote: I think he's waiting until he has the book in his hand though first, to see what exactly they've done.
This. I just want to make sure the character exist (although it is almost 99,9% sure my now anyway). I'm sure we'll have plenty to discuss regarding the Loremaster, his builds, his uses etc... :)
My Art Blog: [url=http://valleysofeternity.blogspot.com/]Valleys of Eternity[/url]
[url=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/825/mageknightbannersmall.jpg/][img]http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/4098/mageknightbannersmall.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=32214]Mage Knight Guild[/url]
jamierk

#224 Post by jamierk »

Hey fellow mage knights! I have a conundrum: how to make the loremaster into a one man magic phase. Given his potential points cost and the limits on our ability to generate power dice, I can't see me affording or getting proper use out of both him and a Lvl 4. Spell selection alone would drive me more crazy than my opponent. So how do you rule a magic phase based on a Lvl 2 caster, potentially with the book, and no guaranteed big dice advantage? I suppose you could draw out dispell dice, but you probably need to use as many dice as your opponent. Perhaps the aim would be to get down to 2 dice to you and have used all your opponents dispel dice, and fire off two spells on single dice? I'd be interested to hear how you'd approach him.
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

Re: The Order of the Mage Knights

#225 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Mage Knights are a reality again, at least in the 9th Age, no the Radiant Gem isn't back, even better, Honours.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]