Resolving shooting against the new lizards...(rules question

Place to discuss anything related to tabletop wargaming that isn't covered by the other forums.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Wildling04

Resolving shooting against the new lizards...(rules question

#1 Post by Wildling04 »

Ok, so due to having a lot of lizardman opponents recently, I reviewed a particular rule, specifically "shooting at skirmishers" and discovered I'd been shooting at terradons improperly. P. 67 says that only you suffer -1 to hit for "man-sized" models. So, shooting at terradons or other flying cav means you don't suffer -1. I think I forgot this one because there just hasn't been a lot of flying cav until recently.

However, this brought me to another question: salamander packs. Do you take the -1 against them? Salamanders are not man-sized models. Skinks are. My initial conclusion is that you do not take the -1, considering war machines (not that salamanders ARE warmachines, but it is the closest rule I could find to relate) and the fact that you don't take a -1 against them and the fact that salamanders are not "man-sized." Definitely not sure on that one though.

Thanks in advance for thoughts on this one.
dabber
Tactician

#2 Post by dabber »

Firstly, the errata has replaced "man-sized" with "unit strength 1".

The unit strength of Salamanders/Razordons and whether they are -1 to hit is up for debate. It should be in the Lizardmen FAQ, whenever GW creates that.
http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=54268
Wildling04

#3 Post by Wildling04 »

Thanks for the note on US 1. I was using my old copy of the rulebook and didn't have the updates in it.