The Die Hard Nagarythe Themed Army Blog

Place to discuss anything related to tabletop wargaming that isn't covered by the other forums.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Lord Anathir

#31 Post by Lord Anathir »

right so he does. Havent had time to try it out yet. Exams are coming and I feel I'd better start preparing.
For the dwarfs, there was only this. Hammerson met Grombrindal’s gaze, and the White Dwarf nodded slowly. If it must be done, let it be done well. Whether they were dead or alive, that was the only way dwarfs knew how to do anything.

And Grombrindal said "10 from the back, yeah?"
RE.Lee

#32 Post by RE.Lee »

Any news? :wink:

I always thought that to make a predominantly S3 army work you need serious RBT support - you manage without it and its very inspiring! The Bow of the Seafarer helps a lot but I wonder if the problems you had with the Lizardmen won't repeat themselves. I find killing stegadons and the like very hard without a proper regmient of varang..ekhem..white lions :wink:
cheers, Lee

Elven Field Surgeon, Department of Intensive Care, Resuscitation and Necromancy
Elfeater

#33 Post by Elfeater »

This blog is really inspiring.
I am soon investing money in a high elves army - lots of spears.

Hope you will post some more of how your army fare.

Can you go over your thoughts on tactics with a infantrybased army?

/Elfeater
Marinero

#34 Post by Marinero »

Lord Anathir wrote:Alright, I was thinking about armor of the stars, folirath's robe and a 3rd Noble like geo suggested, so I think it won't be such a bad idea.

Prince, Bow of the Seafarer, Shadow Armor, Great Weapon, Talisman of Loec
Noble, BSB, Radiant Gem of Hoeth, Great Weapon, Dragon Armor
Noble, Amulet of Light, Armor of the Stars, Great Weapon, Dragon Armor
Lvl 1, 2x Scrolls
10 Archers
10 Archers
24 Spears, FC, ellyrion
24 Spears, FC
20 Spears, FC
5 Shadows
5 Shadows
4 Eagles
(1997 pts)
20 Spears, FC
+3 shadow warriors
(~2250)

That looks a little better. When I get some time I'll try it out! cheers all.
Greetings Anathir,

It is a noble cause that you have undertaken ( btw, I had the exact same problem with the DE fluff, so I could not bring myself to collect them as my 3rd elven army), so I would like to give you my feedback on your army.

I feel that you need more protection from psychology, so try to fit in the dragon horn. Also, with 2 nobles, I would put in the reaver bow, it fits the scouting feel of the army, and helps you deal with some threats like enemy light cavalry, fliers, etc.

So this is what I suggest:

* Prince, Bow of the Seafarer, Temakador's Gauntlets, Great Weapon, Talisman of Loec
* Noble, BSB, Dragon horn, Armour of Caledor , , Great Weapon
* Noble, Reaver bow, enchanted shield, dragon armour, Great Weapon,
* Lvl 1, 2x Scrolls

10 Archers
10 Archers
24 Spears, FC, ellyrion
24 Spears, FC
20 Spears, FC
5 Shadows
5 Shadows
4 Eagles
(~2000)

5 ER, mus
5 ER, mus
5 Shadow warriors
(~2250)

I strongly urge you to consider the character set up I am offering you - it will give you a much better protection for you characters, flexibility and protection from psychology.

You have 3 decent infantry blocks, each supported by a GW weilding spear heavy army, this is what I feel you should be doing with a spear heavy army, rather than hoping to deploy your general as scout and go for an advantageous flank shot, some specialized shooting, and most improtantly, a tool to make sure that your units will perform as you want them to in the right moment.

Finally, I belive that an army of nagarythe would be all for stealth and guile, fast moving, hard hitting and retreating without a trace. Honestly, I do not see the Nagarythe army as long lines of glittering spears, but I guess a compromise can be reached ;)

Ideally, I would feel that it should have 2 units of shadow warriors, 2 units of reavers, and 2 units of white lions, who with their special movement rules fit the theme. I unit of spears with the banner of ellyrion, and 4 eagles to boot.

If I were to do a Nagarythe army, it would look like this:

* Prince, Seafarer Bow, Temakador's Gauntlets, ToL, dragon armour, shield, GW - 262
* Noble, BSB, AoC, Dragon Horn, GW - 168
* Noble, dragon armour, enchanted shield, Star Lance/Reaver bow, great eagle - 191
* mage, 2xscrolls - 140

* 10 Archers - 110
* 10 Archers - 110
* 20 Spears, FC, Banner of Ellyrion - 220

* 12 WLs, FC, Lion Banner - 235
* 12 WLs, FC, War Banner - 230
* 5 ER, mus - 92
* 5 ER, mus - 92
* 6 SW - 96
* 6 SW - 96

* 4xGreat Eagles - 200

Total: 2242

I feel that this army would be really fun to play, and also, that it is mobile enough to allow you to dominate the field. You have lot of deployment drops, which will give you advantage in the set up phase of the game, you have a ton of diverters, march blockers, warmachine hunters, and you have some really hard hitting units to boot.
Franc

#35 Post by Franc »

Hm..if you are having troubles vs monsters why not take usual 2 RBTs?
Or even 1 rbt + 3 eagles?
With BotS and 2 rbts you could kill a greater deamon or a dragon in a turn.
Also why not Reaver bow on bsb?
You go heavy shooting - why not make the best from it?
[quote="Spider_wells"]Infantry are great, if you're an infantry player.[/quote]

[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=32214][b]The Order of the Mage Knights[/b][/url]
Flame of the Asuryan

#36 Post by Flame of the Asuryan »

Franc wrote:Hm..if you are having troubles vs monsters why not take usual 2 RBTs?
Or even 1 rbt + 3 eagles?
With BotS and 2 rbts you could kill a greater deamon or a dragon in a turn.
Also why not Reaver bow on bsb?
You go heavy shooting - why not make the best from it?
Because Lord Anathir wanted to play the list as an uberfluffy one. RBT's are not Nagarythe themed and for that, his list doenst include RBT's or White Lions. I like that approach and it will be a real challenge to play this armylist.
-"Humans are the cruelest of animals" Friedrich Nietzsche -
Lord Anathir

#37 Post by Lord Anathir »

this list is on hold for a bit. Want to make a good competitive one before the fluff one.
For the dwarfs, there was only this. Hammerson met Grombrindal’s gaze, and the White Dwarf nodded slowly. If it must be done, let it be done well. Whether they were dead or alive, that was the only way dwarfs knew how to do anything.

And Grombrindal said "10 from the back, yeah?"
Keith

#38 Post by Keith »

This is how I think it should be done. Make a solid list that includes things you want for your fluff. Then slowly make it more fluffy as you get more comfortable with it.