Opinion on Army fluff

Have a story, then you come here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Kezza921

Opinion on Army fluff

#1 Post by Kezza921 »

I would like some opinions on the story I have created for my army. (I wasn't sure where to put this)

A mage who has had a lust for arcane power all her life. It got to the point where the Loremaster banished her from Ulthuan for her lust for power. She left with a small loyal detachment loyal to her family to search for sources of power. When she left she left all of her artifacts behind and she gave up the blue and white of the High elves.

This is just the start of the story for the army please give me your opinions
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

Re: Opinion on Army fluff

#2 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

An outcast, a good story for giving your army a slightly darker edge.
Run with it.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
John Rainbow

#3 Post by John Rainbow »

Sounds a bit Dark Elf-ish!
Erion Starscream

#4 Post by Erion Starscream »

Sounds very interesting I'll keep an eye out for any stories you may tell.
Asurion Whitestar
The White Star Captain

#5 Post by Asurion Whitestar »

A good base to build from.
Although she must be pretty heavily lusty for power to be expelled from the White Tower let alone banished from Ulthuan..!

What did she do, was she chasing for that punishment..?
Sincerely,
Kitlith

Head of the Ninth Age 'High' Elves of Light Army Support.

The Mighty Pen (App) Link coming soon
Kezza921

#6 Post by Kezza921 »

Asurion Whitestar wrote:What did she do, was she chasing for that punishment..?
It is hard trying to find a reason why she was banished. I am open to ideas if anyone has any
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#7 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Accidental death of a student during an unsanctioned ritual in the tower?
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
Karalael Moonsinger
Chronicler

#8 Post by Karalael Moonsinger »

Deliberate death of a student in an unsanctioned ritual in the tower?
[quote="rdghuizing"]
Besides, the battle of Finuval Plain was more a minor skirmish anyway. A good enough summary would have been "Teclis and Malekith ran into each other. Teclis cast The Dwellers Below on Malekith with IF, and Malekith failed his Strength test." Not much more to it then that really.[/quote]
Shadow star

#9 Post by Shadow star »

tampering with way stones?
(love the idea)
[i]The shadow of war is cast long in the dying light of peace.[/i]
Erion Starscream

#10 Post by Erion Starscream »

Well I am hardly the most seasoned and experienced person on the forums but you asked for suggestions so why not give it a swing eh?

Ok so how does one get banished from Ulthuan? Well I thought about it a little and like the other guys say I think it might be pretty difficult to get thrown off the island. With that said I think it might be reasonable to look to ourselves, banishment could be a result of serious crimes such as treason or murder. If you prefer to have your character still be a "good guy" the crime might be the result of blackmail or love or something like that any reason would do provided it is understandable.

It might also be the result of political differences perhaps your character willingly left because she didn't condone the behaviour of her kinsmen for instance shadow warriors are walking a thin line maybe that could be something.

If the loremaster is the source of the banishment maybe she delved into magical practices that is not permitted on Ulthuan such as Necromancy or Dark magic or something like that and it resulted in something bad happening. For instance she studies dark magic in order to wreak vengeance upon someone who took from her a brother or a mother someone she loved or whatever she finds something that can do it and shows the benefits to the loremaster who does not condone it cause dark magic is bad for various reasons and he believes that it might have a terrible sideeffect messing wth waystones or something similar. She goes ahead and uses it anyway maybe it works maybe it doesn't though it also backlashes upon Ulthuan so she knew the risks continued anyway and somebody else paid a heavy price for it. So the loremaster banishes her.

I mean that is just a rough draft of a thought, it is probably not half as good as what some of the other storytellers here can cook up but it's my take on it.

//ME