The gods' creation

Have a story, then you come here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Facade19

The gods' creation

#1 Post by Facade19 »

There were two men who used to walk each day the same route to pray to the gods. Both of them were devout followers of the gods and therefore, considered it the highest duty and obligation to devote one's self to the service of the gods. One believed in prayer and contemplation of things visible to be of the highest form of felicity, while the other devoted himself to prayer and recantation of words left by men who conversed with the gods. Each day and each night, each man, diligent and admired, spent hours, nay, days and nights, to reach their respected gods, neglecting supper and slumber, falling prey to their devotion. One was very delighted in contemplating of things of higher value, of divine origin, rediscovering truths regarding the eternal universe and mortal humanity, and delighting in his discoveries within this life, while the other became very happy in finding virtue and truths in his obedience to the gods, in connecting with the gods creation of the universe. And this follower of the gods, who ate from the fruits of his devotion reached the steps closer of his gods' truth, never neglecting a single prayer, never losing his sight of what is truly important, to be kind to his fellow human, and gentle to the gods creation, of humanity, of the stars, of the immortal soul, of the things yet to come in life, whether here or in the other to come. Each man, each day and each night, walk their respected routes to their gods, being happy with their lives. Each man, each night and each day, finds happiness in his route with the gods. Each man continued to take the same steps, the same route, to worship the same gods.
The Silly Dragon

Re: The gods' creation

#2 Post by The Silly Dragon »

A nice little piece but not sure what it mean't. Did it mean there is multiple ways of worship and none are incorrect? Is it that the truth should come from within and not from a God? Not sure what you were trying to write here but i like the style (make it alittle more into paragraphs to be easier on the eye please in future).
[b]War. War never changes [/b]
[i]dum spiro, spero...[/i]
[b]"Humans are strange creatures, in a world of such fascination and wonder they have managed to invent boredom"[/b]
Facade19

Re: The gods' creation

#3 Post by Facade19 »

The Silly Dragon wrote:A nice little piece but not sure what it mean't. Did it mean there is multiple ways of worship and none are incorrect? Is it that the truth should come from within and not from a God? Not sure what you were trying to write here but i like the style (make it alittle more into paragraphs to be easier on the eye please in future).
Sure thing!