High Elf Fluff, allied with Empire

Have a story, then you come here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Ok a Quick Quiz for the readers. Who is the "Elf" in the Title?

Poll ended at Mon May 14, 2012 3:41 pm

Alith Anar
40%
Almaran
No votes
Kalin
No votes
Callindra
40%
or one of those random twilight sisters that no one really cares about
20%

Total votes: 5

Zander951

High Elf Fluff, allied with Empire

#1 Post by Zander951 »

Ok i figured i would post my fluff on here to see what people thing about it. It is designed around the basis of getting Alith anar into the campaign for me, yes i no he kinda sux but i like the idea of him, and it also describes how we become allies. It may be atad far fetched, and also the idea behind wood elves attacking is due to a wood elf player playing on the side of destruction in the campaign to even the sides out.
So here it goes:
The Chronicles of Von Hurty and The Elf
Chapter 1

Through the mists of battle a mighty warrior strides strong, his swords held firm in his hands, his armour undamaged and his thirst for blood unclenched. His royal guard dismiss the Dark Elf scum with single strides of their mighty blades. There mighty von hurty marches through the carnage slicing the heads clear of the bodies.
Unknowing to him an Assassin lies in his shadow, moving in for the kill, choosing his final stance. Suddenly one of the Greatswords yells , “Sire, Look out!” . Rutgar causally dodges in oncoming arrow, its blade missing his check by inches. The arrow pierces the shoulder of the Assassin, pinning him to the floor. The men crowd around in shock, stunned by the fact that they did not see him before now; such is the power of skilled Assassins. “Die Elven Scum!”, exclaimed Von Hurty as he struck the final blow, straight to the heart of the elf.
“Watch what you say”, replied a harsh voice, “If you continue the next arrow will be in your chest”.
“Ha!” Chuckled the General, his nerve unhindered “I have never suffered an injury in combat to this date, and your last shot was easily dodged, you overestimate your powers, sir!”
“The general cannot be hurt by such mortal weapons” Yelled one of his followers as he stepped forward, into the wrong arc of sight.
Within seconds an arrow was fired. Before anyone could say anything it had passed through the heart of the imbecile and then become lodged into the knee of Rutgar himself, pinning him inplace. Immediately, his men from a neatly made circle around him; a few rushing to their leader seeking to free him from his bonds. “Show yourself, coward!” Yelled Von Hurty as he limped to the front of his men.
Almost in turn does a shadowy figure appear in the mist just out of sight. The figure marches forward, his shadow unmoving, until it evaporates into the surroundings. Von hurty looks puzzled and turns to face his comrades, who to his surprise are surrounded by shadow warriors, quickly he twists on the spot, tripping over his wounded knee, and falling to his knees. As he looks up he sees his death, Alith Anar. Unlike all others he does not beg for his life, nor offer up another as tribute, but calmly bows his head, ready for his demise. The Shadow King seethes his blade and offers out a helping hand to the wounded soldier. And his warriors put down their bows. Stunned by this gesture of kindness, in this time of mass war the still kneeing General pauses for a moment, then just asks, “why?” But before the elf could utter a word, a gust of wind pushes von hurty to the ground.
A mighty eagle, twice the size of any Gryphon ever seen by Von Hurty, engulfs him in its shadow as it lands. 2 princes jump from the eagle, Kalin and Almaran, Both clad in armour, running to Alith as the Eagle begins to take off. “They’re coming!” Yelled the Golden Prince.

Chapter 2

Alith’s expression changes, immediately he rushes to pick up the injured human, putting his armour over his shoulder. They see a rumble in the nearby tree to the west. The shadow warriors swiftly move to intercept; Von Hurty orders his men to rank up and he rejoins their ranks, still limping but using his sword to stabilize himself. The rustling gets louders but just drowned out by the sound of the hundreds of birds flying overhead, seeking to escape the oncoming evil.
A dark figure, jumps over a fallen tree, and dashes towards the three princes, Von Hurty is ready to order the charge, but stops when he sees Alith lower his bow. The figure after a few seconds is revealed as an elf, Princess Callindra, sister to the two other princes. As she turns a charging Minotaur emerges from the murky forest, growing darker every second. The Minotaur in its blind rage is growling constantly, the Princess stands strong as she draws back her bow. Still growling the enraged bull continues its path, only to be stopped inches away from her bow.
Massive vines grip the beast’s wrists and begin to drag it back into the shadowy forest, it struggles but more being to grip him, wrapping around his feet and chest. He begins to howl as he is overpowered and slowly constricted by the vines. Quickly, Callindra lets the arrow fly, straight into the heart of the beast, to stop the suffering of it as it is pulled into the darkness.
Moments later, A shadow warrior is thrown from a tree, he slowly beings to crawl towards his allies; the trees being to move, extending their branches, growing rapidly and blocking out the sun. Kalin runs to the aid of his comrade. “No, Stay back!” Exclaimed the wounded elf gasping for breath. He rolled over to show his chest, his robe was torn and bark was spreading over his skin, he was begin to become a tree, his movements are becoming slower, his breaths becoming weaker, and his heart fading. His whole body is consumed by the bark just as the light in the clearing is absorbed by the forest. Slowly the branches being to part as a giant dragon descends, causing huge blasts of wind with every flap of his wings.
Once below the tree line the dragon swoops down crashing through the greatswords, its wings being torn by their blades as they are crushed under its huge mass. It falls to the floor and Alith fires an arrow through its wings preventing it from taking flight again, as Callindra hastily dives aboard it, positioning herself to fire one last shot into the dragons head.
A huge treeman charges from the forest only to be picked up by the giant eagle, in a crazy swooping attack through the branches. Sadly the eagle, despite all its might cannot muster the strength needed to fly and the treeman tightens its grasp as the eagle plumits into the dense forest.
The dragon emits a huge silencing shriek as the arrow pierces it’s skull! Seconds later the forest beings to recede.
Von hurty, hastily runs, well as fast as a guy with a whole in is leg can run basicly, towards Alith Anar, his sword Drawn and revenge in his eyes. Alith quickly moves out of the way of the blade and the blade is plunged into the body of a dryad, formed out of the body that was once laying just feet away. He falls to the ground after delivering this life saving blow.

Chapter 3

Later that night…..
The 2princes and the princess are sitting at the camp fire with Von hurty and the few men he has left, Alith is sitting a few paces away, sharpening his arrows and sword.
“So Almaran, what actually brings you elves here” Queried Rutgar
“Him” Replied the golden prince as he unhooked his chest armour while staring in the direction of Alith.
“Wow, you guys really are of, ‘Few Words’ “Boldly stated one of rutgars men, before getting a kick to the face by the princess who was sitting within kicking distance of him, he clumsily staggered up, before falling to the ground in shame. “Your men really don’t have manners do they.” She then stated.
“Your right but what can you do, they’re stubborn in their ways” he replied “Does anyone know any decent jokes then, while we’re in this hell hole of a place we may as well lighten the mood.
Silence.
“Ok then I’ll give it ago then” said the solider, struggling to get to his feet, “How many dames does it take to read a ma..”
His sentence was cut short by the princess boldly kicking him in the face again, before sitting closer to fire.
“Ok, maybe I should start”, Von Hurty said “What do you call a dwarf that changes its allegiance every week?”
“Brandon!”
They all look at him puzzled. “I don’t get it” said Kalin breaking the silence.
“I get” Mutters from the voice of the empire solider, as Callindra holds her sword pointed firmly at a very vulnerable area of his. “Sit Down, and be quiet” she said under her breath. Immediately he sat down, and they all chuckled as she called him a “Good Boy”.
“My turn” Almaran stated “How many snotlings does it take to light a campfire?”
“How many” the crowd demanded.
“I find two or three burn well enough” he replied as they began to chuckle.
“Okay then” Callindra said “I’ll give it ago”
“Why did the Tomb King walk across the road” “Because they can’t march”
“That sucked, but your used t..” Exclaimed the solider, before being B!tch slapped into a comma by Callindra.
“Any chance we could switch rolls?” he questioned while laying on the floor in pain.
“I’d hit that” Yelled another soldier, before having an arrow fired at his head, skimming his cheek and leaving a painful scar.
“Okay ill go again, What do you call three elves in a canoe?”
-Alith Anar begins to sharpen his sword louder, making sure Von hurty can here him-
“Erm” He gulps, “Maybe I should keep that one for another day and maybe we should stop with the violence and go to sleep”
“Okay. But I want to explain one thing to you, touch me and you will not be able to touch again, Okay?” Exclaimed Callindra, pointing her sword at the chest of the sexist soldier.
“Okay” he replied in a wimpish voice.

Chaper 4, (this was originally going to be the end chapter but because it was far too big, i had to cut it short and then do the final)

The next Morning Callindra awakes to a sound of laughter. Her two brothers are awake and their shadows are towering over her while they snigger, Von Hurty is sitting by the river a few paces away. Then she discovers the source of their laughter; she wasn’t sleeping alone and upon noticing this she calmly removes his arm from her side and slowly gets up from the ground. What happens next is quite hard to explain and all you need to know is that it involved a lot of pain, followed by the sobbing man taking a forced early morning swim.
As she strolls back towards her still laughing brothers, Von Hurty stops her. “You look so beautiful and kind, no one would expect you to be this violent, why don’t you sit with me and watch the sorry sod try to clamber to shore?”
“I don’t know” She then replied.
“Come on, he has a lot of trouble swimming and I could use some company, it looks like you could use some too”
After that she strides back to him and sits with him as they begin to chat while laughing at the floundering man. The two princes look stunned, puzzled by what has happened before them.
Alith is nowhere to be seen, he is out scouting the area looking for any signs of survivors from the assault, but his prayers are not answered. Suddenly, his search is hindered by the movement of the trees, they begin to sway like they did before the first attack. He starts to run towards the camp, jumping between the enclosing branches. But the forest does not let him back to the camp, it leads him towards a small clearing, isolating him from the camp. He trips over a moving root and lands in the clearing. As he looks up he is horrified by the sight; he can see the bark statues of his former comrades, frozen in time waiting for their time to return to the world. Swiftly, one after another they begin to crack, dyrads ripping the cocoons open and enclosing on the elf. He draws his sword and begins hacking them into pieces. They are quickly disposed of, but when he turns to see the mangled branches, he is stunned by the sight. Rather than just a few broken branches, he is shocked to see the bloodied corpses of his once untouchable elves. He falls to his knees, trying to deal with what he has done, but before he makes another move, vines from above and below him bind him in place. They tilt his head upwards, slowly. His vision is filled by the sight of his companions eagle, unharmed but frozen in time. He is forces to watch as vines begin to constrict the eagle, tightening around its wings and body. The vines slowly pull the eagle into a submissive pose on the ground. The eagle reanimates and immediately tries to cry out for help but is hindered by the aggressive vines holding its beak in place.
Two shadowy figures jump onto the eagle, the Twilight Sisters. They boldly stroll into the light and stare at Alith Anar. “Can we kill him yet?” “Not yet Naestra” they mumble. Before he can say anything, the vines surround his face and he is bound onto the chest of the eagle.
At the camp Callindra and Von Hurty are still keeping each other company and the two princes are sparing with the remaining two royal guard. They all stop, the trees begin to extend, blocking out the sun once again. They all move to the centre of the camp, the two soldiers moving in front of their General, trying to protect him. Dryads begin to slowly walk out of the forest, there are too many of them to fight. Callindra draws back her bow ready to fire, but Von hurty lowers it with his fingertips.
Through the trees a giant shadow materializes, it is the eagle with Alith bound to its chest and the two twins riding it.
Von Hurty limps forward, his men following him like lambs to the slaughter. “Why have you come here? Why attack us? Aren’t we allies?” Questions Von Hurty.
“No!” They yell in reply before each firing an arrow into the two greatswords. Immediately, Callindra fires a shot, that breaks the vines holding Alith. He jumps down and while running for cover fires arrows at the sisters who begin to retreat back into the forest. Although both Callindra and Alith are shooting them the arrows seem to have no effect.
The Dryads blindly charge, Alith and Callindra barraging their ranks with arrows while the others cut into them with their swords, Von Hurty limping closer to Callindra as the dryads become closer to her. Hundreds of Dryads are swarming out of the forest, they’re numbers are slowly pushing the forces of order back.
Von Hurty begins to run, and dives in front of Callindra protecting her from a fatal arrow fired by one of the evil sisters. Callindra drops down her bow and runs to his aid. Alith, Kalin and Almaran rush to defend them. Callindra removes the magical arrow from Von Hurty’s chest, but the damage done is far too much for even Von Hurty to survive, with his last breath he declares his love for Callindra, while stroking the side of her head. With tears rolling down her cheeks, she begs Almaran, “Please Brother, You need to try”
“I can’t I still need more time to learn my powers”
“But you have to, I don’t think I can live without him”, Balled the grieving elf, it is said that when an elf falls in love with a non elf, the bond between them is almost unbreakable and when the mortal dies grief causes the elf to die shortly after, it is a rare occurrence but is nothing to be underestimated. Knowing this Almaran bows down on his knees in front of Von Hurty and begins to chant.
Kalin pull Callindra to her feet and whispers to her, “We need to buy him time, you know Almaran is still learning to focus his powers.” He places one of Von Hurty’s fabled fencing blades in her hands and she nods.
The three elves begin to defend the corpse. Alith drops his bow and begins to fight in hand to hand combat, Kalin uses his shield to bash the dryads back, but Callindra is the most surprising. She goes into a bloodrage. She begins hacking and slashing through the dryads like they were twigs, showing no remorse for taking sending their souls into the realm of chaos. She cuts them down sometimes two or three at a time, using most of her will power left to stay close to the body of her love. Some Tree Kin begin to rumble out of the forest, getting closer to the trio of fighters. She throws the sword to the ground picking up her bow, using it to smash the dryads bark skulls into pieces and to fire destructive blows into the larger than life Tree Kin. In her Rage of shooting she becomes separated from the others and no matter how had Kalin and Alith try they cannot break through the mass of branches. The razor-sharp talons of the dryads strip stands of her leather armour off and then pull her bow from her grasp. She is forced to fight with her hands but to part with the cliché she pulls an arrow from her quiver, before it is ripped from her back, and plunges it into the head of a dryad and kicks the beast to the ground before being pinned down by the many talons. A tree kin raises it’s foot and begins to plunge it towards Callindra. She closes her eyes and begins to pray.

Final Chapter,

The Tree Kin stops. It emits a strange creaking sound before falling backwards. The dryads look puzzled, unlike the gallant Von Hurty bounds out from behind the fallen wreckage, cutting them into pieces. He pulls Callindra up and the two go back to back, after he gives her one of his swords. The two are inseparable as they sever the limbs from the dryads and cut the legs off a Tree Kin before ending its misery with a single blow to the head. Von Hurty’s knee shows no sign of injury as he thrusts his blade into the wooden bodies before kicking them to the ground.
Alith Anar’s bow string snaps hitting him in the face leaving a scar and stunning him for only a moment, but a moment too much; in that time the dryads have swarmed over him, pinning him to the ground. Kalin struggles with a Tree Kin but its strength is too much and it pushes him to the floor, forcing him to struggle like a defenceless creature about to be crushed.
Callindra and Rutgar meet their match, the two come face to face with a giant Treeman three times bigger than any they have had the pleasure to meet before. Before they know it, the creature is just in front of them, it picks up Callindra throwing her into a mass of swarming Talons. “Come on! Big Boy!” Yelled Von Hurty as he charged the brute. He skids under its hulking arm delivering a devastating blow to the leg of the beast, severing its leg. He turns around with a chuckle, only to be mortified when the creature leg re-attaches. Stunned by this he doesn’t notice the brute’s body rotating around and is hit by the huge arm, and thrown to the floor. The Treeman moves in to finish the hero off.
Almaran stands there in silence watching the horror take place. He watches as his brother is being crushed under the hulking mass of a tree kin; his sister getting rapidly cut in a mass of thorns and talons; as his fabled childhood hero is overpowered by too many dryads to count and as his new friend, possible a future brother, is about to be crushed by the huge monster. It is more than he can handle. He knows he shouldn’t risk it, but he cannot just watch. The Golden prince pulls out a mighty tome from underneath his bulky armour. He begin to read from the book of Hoeth as he is swarmed by the many dryads, the pages ripping with every movement.
The Book takes hold, the dryads are pushed back and a magical barrier surrounds the prince. The Giant Treeman turns to the prince, leaving the General behind, and charges towards it, the ground and dryads below its feet cracking with every step. It smashes it’s arm into the bubble, but has no effect, its arm splinters open showing the raw energy of the forest used to power this giant monster. Almaran sees his chance and channels all of his power through the book into the heart of the beast. A huge explosion takes place, wiping out all forces powered by the same magic as the Treeman. The mortals are knocked unconscious by the blast, but Almaran is unscaved thanks to the magical shield generated by the book of hoeth. The Book vanishes from his hands and the shield becomes no more.
When Callindra wakes, she finds herself in a bed lying next to Rutgar, who is sitting on the side of the bed. “How did we get here?” she asks.
“I don’t know, maybe we should go downstairs and find out”
“Agreed”
They walk downstairs into the pub of the tavern, only to find Almaran drinking with a group of humans.
“Sister! Rutgar! I was just entertaining our new friends. Okay so, why did the tomb king walk across the road?”
“Why?”
“Because he couldn’t march!!”
The Bar bursts out in laughter and the two fighters join the table of gents.
“So what happened in the forest?” Callindra asks.
“Yes. I was wondering that too, all I remember was seeing a bright light and then I was here.” Rutgar adds.
“Long story short, I made a huge bang, lost the book of hoeth, lost my magical powers but the silver lining was that the destruction made was so great that these fine young fellows, noticed and set it to be their mission to find out what happened. They saw me dragging the four of you out of the clearing and offered to help.”
“Where are Kalin and Alith?” Callindra added.
“They woke up on the journey here. There is a huge fight starting up in the badlands to the north, that we have enlisted in. They went forward first, I said I would stay back to tell you two to come join us. Rutgar we would be honoured to have you as an Ally and humbled if you would be my brother….
The tale ends there, however it is the start of a very strong alliance and an even larger story that has just begun.
[color=#FFBF00]Hi[/color]
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

Re: High Elf Fluff, allied with Empire

#2 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Grieving over a foolish manling, she must have hit her head =P
I had to laugh at the human's name, surely that was the joke the elves were sharing right? ^_^
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
Zander951

#3 Post by Zander951 »

The name evolved from an orc named (something) mchurty
basicly my friend was playing OnG before i got into campaign and before we met, but he switched to empire about 2 weeks ago, made some fluffy about von hurty being mchurty, something like a curse. He then let his son lead the orcs with a new guy called orclando and started empire. Since we got along quite well we decided to ally with each other, since you can only have one you gotta pick wisely. And now we are the best alliance in the campaign, and the previous best are simply trying not to mess with us, so its rather funny.

The whole relationship thing was just an idea to put a more solid alliance together, one that relied on von hurty having to please Callindra or get the crap kicked outa him by almaran :D
Almaran is also set out to become a mage again in the campaign, set him up to grab silver wand and radiant gem.
Zander951

#4 Post by Zander951 »

May aswell reveal it, it was infact
Callindra,
and many thanks for reading; more thanks to the one guy brave enough to choose the twilight sisters :D