A tale of the colonies

Have a story, then you come here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Deutschland

A tale of the colonies

#1 Post by Deutschland »

I was writing this story in my spare time, so i thought, "Hey. Why not put it online so I can embarrass myself infront of thousands of people from all over the world?" Its shortened from the way I was writing it originally. Otherwise it would have pretty much been a novel. It's not entirely finished yet, and I'll have to update it as I finish the battles that will affect the flow of the story.

“Everything alright sir?” Prince Terius realized he must have shouted. He reached out to grasp the images that had just haunted his sleep but it slipped away like water through his hands. “I’m fine,” he told the concerned looking guard. “Just a dream.” The guard ducked through the leather flaps of the tent and Terius sat up, rearranging himself in a meditative pose to try to recall the dream. It was now truly gone, bringing with it any emotions that would help him discern its meaning. He stood to his full height. He was shorter than most elves but still stood higher than a human.
The prince picked up the helmet on a table next to his soft hammock-like bed. It was awarded to him upon graduation from the Silver Helms. It was tall and silver like most elven helmets, but adorning the helmet was the golden head of a serpent and sweeping dragon wings. A green rune was the final touch that was tailored just for Terius. He smoothed it on over his flowing brown hair and picked up the bow and quiver put in the corner. It was no ordinary weapon. A Bow of the Seafarer. Terius thought of the day his father gave it to him as he left on this mission to aid the men of Bretonnia. He did not want to feel any emotion so he fastened the quiver to his belt, slung the bow over his shoulder, and left the tent.
There was a cool wind sweeping over the dewy grass. It was near the middle of the night, and the ghastly orb Morrisleb added to the light from the stars in the near cloudless sky. Thanks to this additional light, Terius could see activity all down the slope of the hill the elven camp was pitched on. “The men are restless, my lord,” the guard said. “There’s something in the air. It has us all on edge.” “Whatever it is,” Terius replied, “It doesn’t want us to stop moving.”
Several yards off he caught movement on a hill. The telltale flashes of light off of Ilthimar told Terius they were his men. “Strike camp,” Terius told the guard with a slight nod of his head, “I’m going to tag along with the scouts.” He gave three quick whistles into the night and went back into the tent to grab his shield and an ornate halberd, his weapon of choice. When he returned outside, a majestic war eagle with jet black feathers that were white from the shoulder up was waiting. Terius jumped on its back and in an instant it was off, spiraling higher and higher through the cool night sky of the Old World.
The eagle glided down in a swooping arc toward the scouts. The Sea Master saluted Terius to confirm he had seen the prince, Terius urged the eagle onward. He could hear nothing but the whipping of wind in his ears and the beat of the eagle’s wings. Then something else came into range of the elf’s sensitive hearing. The eagle had heard it too and glided in a long arc toward the sound. The noise grew louder and louder. Terius was on full alert now. It was the sound of a battle. Of that there was no doubt. The prince and the eagle spun around and flew at breakneck pace until the Sea Guard were in sight. The bird swooped down and landed next to the startled Sea Master “Enurion,” Terius shouted to the soldier, “There’s a skirmish ahead. I think we’ve found our prey.”
Last edited by Deutschland on Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Larose
Chronicler

Re: A tale of the colonies

#2 Post by Larose »

Ah your not the first to embarrass Themselves, nor the last lol :wink: oo a prince with a halberd, don't think I've read about one in a story yet. Keep it comin!
Shadowy member of The Mage Knight Guild

Attack when they are unprepared, make your move when they least expect it.

Only in your darkest hour, will you triumph over true evil.
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#3 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Halberds use to be popular before ASF, they look cool too. I think Giladis' prince used to rock one.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
Deutschland

#4 Post by Deutschland »

Terius watched the Sea Guard below glide through forest of scattered trees and over the fallen bodies of soldiers from two clearly different factions. Three units of Sea Guard came up to the point where a forest ended to find sword wielding soldiers were locked in desperate melee with warriors in rich blue armor twice their size. Terius looked on and saw another line of the gigantic warriors advancing on them. There was something out of place, though. Behind the advancing line were two figures dueling as if their lives depended on it. Terius’ eagle spiraled down behind the iron clad warriors and watched as the Sea Guard, spears down, charged into the fray putting the blue armored soldiers down with every thrust of the spear and cut of the sword. They needed only a glance to determine friend from foe, for each shield of the blue armored soldiers bore a mark of the Chaos Gods. Terius scanned the group and lunged out with his halberd, impaling one incredibly nasty looking warrior with his halberd The swordsmen looked awestruck as Terius pulled the end of the weapon from the champion’s body. “Form a line,” he instructed the shaken survivors. “Don’t let them get too close,” he said to Enurion. The Sea Master nodded and whipped the swordsmen into formation as the ornate white wooden Eagle Claw bolt throwers’ crew set up the two war machines and began loading their deadly rounds.
Deutschland

#5 Post by Deutschland »

Colonist Elves. Statline something like this:
6pts
M WS BS S T W I A Ld
5 3 3 4 3 1 5 1 6
Burning Hatred-After spending centuries trying to carve civilization from the madness of the world, there are few foes these soldiers haven't seen. And fewer still they trust. Hatred for all close combat attacks. Replaces SOA though. They've been exposed to the corruptive magic blah blah blah, old world, blah blah blah, whatever.
Thoughts? Suggestions? Concerns?

Terius pushed the great eagle on. With three beats of its mighty wings it launched towards the two duelists. The smaller one was obviously with the swordsmen, and even from as far away as he was, Terius could tell he needed help as he desperately parried blows from the other. The eagle began flying faster as it drew closer to the warriors. Terius knocked an arrow to his bow. Why not give his men a hand? Even from atop an unstable surface, like an eagle, he was a good shot. The arrow flew from the enchanted bow hitting one warrior’s throat, going through the heart of the one behind him, and landing swaying on the ground. A hail of arrows followed from the ranks of the Sea Guard and Eagle Claws followed. A lucky few hit chinks and gaps in the enemy’s armor, but most lodged themselves in the chest plates or shields of the enemy. If this were a proper fight with a real army instead of a combat patrol, the Chaos Warriors wouldn’t stand a chance. But Terius didn’t have a proper army, and sent up a simple prayer to the war god. “Khaine, be with us.”
The eagle’s speed allowed Terius to cross the battlefield much faster than he ever could have on foot, but he still feared he would arrive too late. He watched as the Chaos Lord with several fleshy tendrils protruding from his back, swing a flail with a spiked ball bigger than his head at his opponent’s chest. It should have been a fatal blow, but the other fighter blocked it at the last moment. It collided with his shield and it splintered to pieces on his arm. The two fighters were nearly the exact opposites of each other. The Chaos Lord was massive. He drew a wicked looking sword to replace the flail. It was covered in spikes and little runes. He himself was branded by what Terius recognized as a Mark of Tzeentch. Where his armor wasn’t covered in spikes, there were little fleshy tentacles and several more gruesome features poking out, topped off with a golden eye on his chest. Absolutely everything about him screamed of evil. The other fighter, however, was tall, thin and wore a clean suit of armor. He was grey and old, but at the same time was plenty of a match for the Chaos Lord. As the Chaos Lord finished drawing his sword, the old fighter gracefully lunged with a long green spear. It cut through the Lord’s Chaos armor like a hot knife to butter. The Chaos Lord howled in pain, but was soon joined by the old fighter. As he pulled his spear out, a golden substance poured from the wound. It splattered across his face and the old fighter clawed at it in a desperate bid to get it off.

Across the field, Enurion knew they were in trouble. The Sea Guard fired volley after volley of arrows trying to thin down the Chaos Warriors to little effect. They would be doomed if not for the Eagle Claws, but the Sea Master knew that once the enemy was close enough, the bolt throwers wouldn’t make much of a difference.
The great eagle let out a shriek. Like a bird on the hunt it dove down with its deadly claws aimed at the Chaos Lord’s head. He saw the eagle and pushed the old fighter away to dodge aside at almost the last moment, just avoiding the deadly claws. But Terius had been expecting this. He leapt off his eagle and landed, both feet on the ground, broad edge of his halberd buried in the Chaos lord’s back.