Descendants of Othniel

Have a story, then you come here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Hellfoot

Descendants of Othniel

#1 Post by Hellfoot »

Hey guys!

As I've noticed I've posted in the wrong section. So, I'm writing short stories which in the end all link up together to form my army fluff. I like both Dwarfs and Elves so basically I'm writing two fluffs which are both set in the same time and place. I have a blog where I keep all my pieces together and I post miniature pictures and useful guides from time to time.

This is where is all begins:

Descendants of Othniel, eternal allies to the Stormbreaker clan and Karak-Andum.
During the war of the beard, Lord Lionel I was sought out by his ally King Thoredin, of Karak Andum, to reconcile and discuss matters further before invoking war on each other. Both lords came to terms and agreed that no High elf would be foolish enough to do such an act.
Lionel therefore rode towards the capital to discuss matters with his king. The discussion ended up in vain and Lord Lionel was warned by his king that if he decided to side with the Dwarfs he would be considered an enemy to the Asur. Troubled, considering the safety of his own people, especially his family, Lionel was stuck with a decision which would change his path forevermore. King Thoredin is a wise king and honoured the friendship between them more times than one could ever count.
A few weeks passed and a messenger from the Phoenix King’s court arrived in Othniel. Clearly not so comfortable and shivering at the sight of white lions roaming freely around the town, the messenger requested audience with Lord Lionel for he bore a message which would decide the faith of the population of Othniel. Lord Lionel welcomed the messenger in his court and summoned his advisers. The messenger requested that only Lord Lionel is to hear what the messenger had to say. But Lionel strongly disagreed and requested all members to remain in the court. The messenger was uneasy at the sight of the bulk towering Elf in front of him and agreed. The messenger started reading out to the whole court a message of hate, anger and war. The Phoenix King demanded the population of Othniel to prepare and march for war against the Dwarves. This was not a message the council was expecting and neither did they digest it well. Only a few Elves from noble families agreed and bowed their heads to the will of the Phoenix King, the rest however did not. Argues aroused between the council members and the messenger took a few steps back with fear for he knew that the message was not yet over and the worst was yet to come. He walked towards Lord Lionel and requested that he finished his message. Lionel glared at him and silenced the court. The messenger afraid of what was yet to come started reading the final message. The court was suddenly filled with silence. The messenger shivered and turned his head towards Lord Lionel who was quiet in his seat with eyes wide open with anger pulsating from his face. The messenger gulped uneasily, nodded and left the court. He was given his steed and left Othniel with haste.
The final words of the messenger were ‘If Othniel does not march with the Elven kingdom to war on the Dwarves, you are to be marked as enemies to the Phoenix King and traitors to the Elven race.’ Lord Lionel still in shock lifted up his head as his advisers gathered around him waiting for his instructions. He lifted up his cup, drank only a sip to relieve himself from the thirst which suddenly filled his mouth and said, ‘Inform the villagers that we are evacuating the town. Dillon, rouse up the army to aid the villagers. All is to leave nothing behind. Those who wish to stay may do so.’ Dillon, Othniels’ general nodded and left the room. Lord Alimir, one of Othniels’ nobles, turned to Lord Lionel and said ‘my Lord do not be hasty with your decision. I hope you are not thinking betraying the Phoenix King let alone the whole Asur race!’ Lord Lionel shifted uneasy and turned his head facing Lord Alimir. ‘My dear Lord Alimir, do you honestly believe that one of our own would be so foolish to do such an act that would provoke war with the Dwarfs? Yes the Dwarfs are stubborn and they will not seek reason. They are a proud race and out foolish Phoenix King should have known better! If you wish to stay you are free to do so, any of you!’
That day the nobles and their families packed and left the town of Othniel. Edonel, Lionel’s best friend and adviser, watched as they left and though what was to come when they reached the capital. He turned and paced steadily through the crowds of townsfolk packing and preparing to leave the town. He walked in the court and saw Lionel adorned in full armour and smirked. ‘My Lord....’, ‘we are among equals here my friend.’ Edonel nodded ‘Lionel, they will inform the Phoenix King and the town will be surrounded.’ ‘Yes I know, I have a plan’ Lionel drew Edonel’s attention towards the map laid out on the court room table. ‘We shall make for the forgotten pass up north, from their reach the shores and there we should find ship ready for us to set sail.’ Astonished, Edonel asked ‘h-h-how did you....’ Lionel smiled and said ‘I have been preparing for this day since the first meeting with our allies.’
All packed and ready, the whole town of Othniel started moving towards the pass. White lion riders in the front, sides and rear. Lord Hari walking along with his pets Leon and Leonti. Kiara aiding the townsfolk with their caravans. Edonel and Lionel at the very front along with the contingent of white lion riders and Lord Dillon ever so proud. Kiara suddenly stopped and turns her face west. In the far distance she spotted something moving. Riders! They had to be. Their amour shone out and the sound of hooves was clear to her. She ran to the front and called out to Lionel. ‘Riders!’

and

From above he came! pt 1

I hope you enjoy and subscribe! :)
Visit my blog and subscribe!
[url=http://fromthehallsstudios.blogspot.com/]From the halls studios[/url]
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

Re: Descendants of Othniel

#2 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Friends with dawi, I can't imagine it. I liked the story on your blog, pretty sure I read it after you posted in the painting and modelling section ^_^
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
Larose
Chronicler

Re: Descendants of Othniel

#3 Post by Larose »

Carefullllll I tried writing short stories for my army fluff....and then... :cry: it's a slippery slope to writing a novel :lol:
Shadowy member of The Mage Knight Guild

Attack when they are unprepared, make your move when they least expect it.

Only in your darkest hour, will you triumph over true evil.