The Adventures of the dashing Prince Elithmar

Have a story, then you come here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

Re: The Adventures of the dashing Prince Elithmar - Traitors

#241 Post by Elithmar »

Elithmar never slept well anymore. He had taken down his mobile and hidden it under the bed after he had married Lamyth’il, and from then on he had always had trouble. He would not bring it out again though, for fear of what she would think of him. That was why he was lying awake, staring into the darkness above him and listening to the regular breathing of Myth beside him, and the one-week-old Arnarion over on the other side of the room.

About five minutes after he had extinguished the candles, he heard footsteps outside. At first he thought he was imagining it but he realised it was real when the sound of metal upon metal drifted through the cold night air to his ears. Wondering what it could be, he sat up. Before he could do anything more, the most terrifying and ear-achingly loud howl he had ever heard shook came from the courtyard outside.

As Elithmar fumbled to light the candles again, he felt Myth sit bolt upright beside him. The young Arnarion began to cry, so his mother rushed over to try to calm him.

Quickly slipping on some clothes and picking up Imrellar, Elithmar said, “I’ll be back soon.”

With that, he ran through the door in the corner of the room, which led to stairs directly to the courtyard. Stepping outside, he saw Aldris and Aethis. As he walked over to them, they looked around and relief washed over their faces.

“Thank goodness you’re here! Elessehta just ran past, intent on killing you,” said Aldris.

“Elessehta? But why?” Then a thought struck Elithmar like a bolt of lightning. “Myth!”

He turned and sprinted back to the staircase. Elessehta must have gone the long way through all of Elithmar’s apartments, so he might still have made it in time. As he threw open the door, he prepared himself for whatever scene might confront him.

The traitor, Admiral Elessehta, stood over Lamyth’il with his sword poised ready to strike. She, on the other hand, stood defiantly between him and Arnarion.

“No!” shouted Elithmar.

Elessehta looked up. Then, before the prince could stop him, he turned back and thrust with his blade.

“Lamyth’il!” cried out Elithmar.

He seethed with anger. He raised Imrellar and charged at Elessehta. Such was the speed and ferocity with which the prince attacked that the traitor reeled with shock. Elithmar flew through the air, sweeping ‘round with his sword to cleave off Elessehta’s head. Good riddance to him.

Dropping his sword, Elithmar knelt by Myth. She slowly opened one eye and smiled weakly. Elithmar leant in to kiss her for the last time. As she closed her eye again and he backed away, a solitary tear left Elithmar’s eye, running off his handsome but drawn features to land on the floor.

The only person Elithmar had ever loved had died. He was utterly heartbroken, and wept openly now. He eventually got control of himself again, and drew up to his full height. He grabbed a dagger from his belt, almost as if in slow motion stroking the razor-sharp edge. Then he held it out at arm’s length. The sand grains ran away one by one, until finally he plunged the blade into his chest. A fountain of rubies erupted from the incision, staining the carpet forever red. The last thing the elf ever saw was the perfect features of his beloved.

In the corner of the room, Arnarion watched these events as they unfolded, not yet comprehending what had happened.

The tragic tale of the great Prince Elithmar of Lothern, loved by some but hated by most, at long last came to an abrupt end.

And that, lady and gentlemen, is the end. That's the end of my stories here. I hope you enjoyed them, as I certainly enjoyed writing them.
"I say the Eatainii were cheating - again." -Aicanor
"Eatainian jerks…" -Headshot
"It was a little ungentlemanly." -Aicanor (on the Eatainii)
"What is it with Eataini being blamed for everything?" -Aicanor
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

Re: The Adventures of the dashing Prince Elithmar - The End

#242 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

At least the blood of the great prince lives on in his son.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#243 Post by Elithmar »

Elessehta of Yvresse wrote:At least the blood of the great prince lives on in his son.
Well to be honest, you don't know for sure. Lamyth'il might not have been half as faithful as she pretended to be... ;)
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#244 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Will the child be sent to his horselord grandfather to become a cavalry prince?
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#245 Post by Elithmar »

That's a good idea.

The truth is, I'm not sure yet. I'm not even sure if I'm going to write about him, or leave the story here!
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#246 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Ye but now you have a name for another cav prince.
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#247 Post by Elithmar »

Well I was always going to have Arnarion as a cavalry prince, but I'm just not sure how he'll get there.
Aicanor
Rainbows

#248 Post by Aicanor »

Such a happy couple... what a shame. Now you'll probably have to get serious with your stories. :shock:
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#249 Post by Elithmar »

I was very attached to Elithmar and I was sad to have to kill him off. His story has been long enough though - time for me to move on to pastures new.

And yes, I want to keep the comic element but any comedy character would just be a copy of Elithmar. So I have to be serious. :cry:
Last edited by Elithmar on Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#250 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

I'll miss Elithmar of Lothern, such a funny character. I doubt I'll ever lose Ele, even when the new book comes, he'll adapt, survive, and lead Yvresse to glory!
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#251 Post by Elithmar »

I'll find other characters that can carry on with the next book.
Aicanor
Rainbows

#252 Post by Aicanor »

It is still a shame, but what can we do? It is done. At least you do not plan to stop writing. :wink:
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#253 Post by Elithmar »

Aicanor wrote:At least you do not plan to stop writing. :wink:
You don't know that. ;)
Aicanor
Rainbows

#254 Post by Aicanor »

Elithmar of Lothern wrote:
Aicanor wrote:At least you do not plan to stop writing. :wink:
You don't know that. ;)
But you should know. :wink: